Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2007. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
Oh no Claude! You worked on the stupid Lion Man! It irritated me so much how they designed their advertisement campaign and squeezed their adds in with the regular news spots on cyberpresse. Plus, you know how I loathe cars!

You do great work though, now I know why you said you were really busy with your job. I see you are working with the big names of the industry. It must be strange to see your work on a huge billboard for the first time. Also, I guess no picture meant for advertisement ever goes untouched nowadays.

Laughing Laughing
Yeah! That disturbing lion man! LOL Laughing
But this is an efficient campaign, I saw people looking at the poster in subway for few minutes (I have no idea what they can think about but that visual had a good impact for sure). IMO, in an utopian dream life, any cars advertisement are prohibited... like cigarettes.

I get used about huge billboard, I made few illustrations for those billboards in the 90s... illustrations are more personal than photo manipulation, I was kind of proud... maybe I'll scan some & show it... tomorrow.
Smile

Michel

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:25 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I saw people looking at the poster in subway for few minutes (I have no idea what they can think about but that visual had a good impact for sure)

Perhaps they were wondering what the heck the poster was all about. Like, what has a car anything to do with going from wild to social? Cars are actually anti-social if you ask me.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
Perhaps they were wondering what the heck the poster was all about. Like, what has a car anything to do with going from wild to social? Cars are actually anti-social if you ask me.

Right!
I figure the target market is about the 30 years old average unsociable losers who dream about having success with women. Laughing

Michel

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I get used about huge billboard, I made few illustrations for those billboards in the 90s... illustrations are more personal than photo manipulation, I was kind of proud... maybe I'll scan some & show it... tomorrow.
Smile

Stuff made with Adobe Illustrator?

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
Claf wrote:
Smile

Stuff made with Adobe Illustrator?

Traditional airbrush illustrations.
2 examples...
Strange how the 2 concepts are a bit similar... from 2 different agencies. Tropicana was made before Grand Marnier.

Michel

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Say the truth! You only did a cut and paste! Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy crap Claf! Shocked That is some damn good work buddy Wink
I hope you get a lifetime supply of Molson for that... Razz

Claf wrote:
Well... I'm chopping less & less & less...
Too busy. I chopped 114 times in 2005, 47 last year, and posted only 17 entries this year.
Sorry! Embarassed
So I'm back again to shear some work I produced this year.
Here's the thread about my work last year:
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5659&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

First one.
This project was my first contract with Leda & St-Jacques photographers. Very nice experience. They are really cool!
I think their regular retouchers were afraid to do that job. Laughing
First I had to be at the shooting (4 days), just to be sure that everything is going well & that the pictures
were perfect (or close to) for the manipulation... to be sure that no major problem will appear after the shooting.
I worked on 3 images. Here I"ll show you only my favorite one. The art directors estimation was 55 hours for manipulation.
I worked around 80 hours on this one. First I thought they will make a selection of around 25 pictures to use for final art.
They finally gave me 110 pictures, just to make me more confused. I certainly used 50 of them, maybe more.
I had to work on 4 files to create this image, just to be efficient & working on smaller files. The first one was the stage (1.78 GB).
When it was done, I merged it and copy & paste to another file and integrated the fans in so many layers (1.85 MB file).
Merged again to another file, the wave (1.03 GB). The last file was everything merged in 3 layers, added tons of adjustment layers
& final clean-up (2.2 GB). Last summer, that beer company campaign was everywhere downtown Montréal.

At shooting...

Final work...

The wave...

Larger image...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Clafrance/mdry_vague_large2.jpg

Billboard...

Bus stop...

Subway...

I'll be back with more stuff next couple of days... now time to sleep! Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2007. - Reply to topic