Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP PLEASE WITH HTML PHOTOSHOP ETC..... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

dewking

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:

Basically i want to make an e-shot? (i think that's what it's called??) so yea you pretty much got what i meant except i want it in the body of the email not necessarily the signiture bit...and i also want to be able to add urls, links etc (using photoshop) to diff sections of it....but that bit i can do, it's just the sorting out of the pics being viewed off my comp....

Good luck with the email... like someone mentioned, many emails block images and often links in emails or send them directly to spam.

Security of it is a big issue.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:

Basically i want to make an e-shot? (i think that's what it's called??) so yea you pretty much got what i meant except i want it in the body of the email not necessarily the signiture bit...and i also want to be able to add urls, links etc (using photoshop) to diff sections of it....but that bit i can do, it's just the sorting out of the pics being viewed off my comp....

we use to do that at work called eblasts. didnt make many friends with them. easiest way to do this is to make the html in the email and then use a image hosting site like imageshack, photobucket or something like that. the only problem is the bandwidth used if ya have like over 1000 emails to send it to and some frown on that. i asked on site once and they were okay with that type of hosting. fergot which one it was.

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="mightybeet"]
felloutthesky wrote:

Basically i want to make an e-shot? ...

we use to do that at work called eblasts. didnt make many friends with them. easiest way to do this is to make the html in the email and then use a image hosting site like imageshack, photobucket or something like that. quote]

i want to make things like this, as it's what i've been requested to make. This one i didnt make, just have it as an example, it just sits in the body of an email, like a little newsletter thing, with the option of clicking a url to see it in another window (like that). In essence i can make this in photoshop, using slicing etc...BUT...and this is what i want to make clear...for me to do this properly, ie: to make my pics used show, instead of just the urls etc....do i need to have access to their web server thing? or is there another way? Everyone has been helpful so far and i don't want to be ungreatful...but i think there were a few mix ups about what i was asking for help with? so...finally i found an example of what i mean, so i hope that helps?? coz for me to do this, i cant save it in photobucket etc coz it doesnt upload sliced photoshop images...so is the final answer to access their server and save the pics i need onto there?

the202
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
Security of it is a big issue.

...Yeah?

splodge

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

//html xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"//
mean anything to anyone??

Hallcross Toots

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Not really, but i found this for you.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your stylesheet has a default namespace
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet". So the <Cell> element
in the stylesheet is really
<{urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet}Cell>, because an unprefixed
element name is qualified by the default namespace. The effect of a literal
result element like <Cell> is to create an element in the result document
with the same name, that is
<{urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet}Cell>. But of course this
isn't real XML syntax, so when it gets output as XML it becomes <Cell
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet">.

Remember that your stylesheet is responsible for creating elements in the
right namespace; the serializer takes care of generating the namespace
declarations to achieve this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's not in my language, so don't know if it's helpful to you, but thought i'd try Smile Embarassed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP PLEASE WITH HTML PHOTOSHOP ETC..... - Reply to topic