Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Lurker needs ya help - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:57 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
I should take it around the corner to the Las Vegas CSI lab! They have superior software.

Sorry for your loss blue. Best wishes to the family.

Laughing Laughing just watch it, they bounced a reflection off a window and off a car door park over the street to make the whole of a car license plate and it was about 200foot away and .... and.... I want that software Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

updated, moved eyes and adjusted look, added more skin texture, focus put even more on figure, and adjusted skin tones and contours to look more natural, and closer overall adjustments to match original.

splodge

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

why cut out the the son? i'm sure the wife would love a copy with him in too, i read this post early this morning, but i knew there was better .ppl than me out there to answer the call

Hallcross Toots
ReyRey

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
updated, moved eyes and adjusted look, added more skin texture, focus put even more on figure, and adjusted skin tones and contours to look more natural, and closer overall adjustments to match original.

Better Marco.....but...... the sweater. Shocked You should make it something without a distinctive pattern. It is warped all over the place and you have seems that just disappear. Mr Rogers wouldn't wear that sweater. Laughing Laughing Honest. Your going to need to make a bigger image too if Blue is going to print it. Wink

cafn8d

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Beautiful work on the paintings!

I know it sounds weird, but you could also try taking a close-up photo of the photo and see how the full res of your camera treats it. I've had some success with this method of enlarging images myself, but of course, your mileage may vary, especially starting from such a low-quality image. Huh..

marcoballistic

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 am   Reply with quote         

an image bigger than your ego already sent to Blue Mr Rey Laughing Wink

ReyRey

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
an image bigger than your ego already sent to Blue Mr Rey Laughing Wink

Not that big Shocked He's not making a billboard you dick. Cool
Sorry about the sweater. I did not know it was personal. Did your Mama knit that? Laughing I've seen better sweaters on homeless people. Laughing Laughing Cool Razz
Wait a minute....I have a big ego because you drew a picture of a homeless guy in an ugly sweater???? Razz OK. I can accept that. Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

This thread is about doing something nice for someone. All the donations are very nice. I was just tryin' to help, Marco. Sometimes it helps to have a second pair of eyes. I called my buddy to look at mine to tell me what he thought it needed. I was thankful. It is very difficult to not lose the little details that really make the image resemble the person. I've been doing it for a long time with PS and Paints. I have had good ones and complete failures. I just thought it would be nice for these folks to get a couple really nice images that really described the man.
That's all. Whenever I would paint a portrait and the model had a very busy sweater on with a lot of details, I would simplify it a lot if I did not have time to do the original. If you are doing a looser style of painting like Gran's, you can get away with a lot more, but your's is photo sharp so mistakes stand out like sore thumbs. Mine is not perfect either. There is a weird blue spot under the guy's ear. The shirt is too sharp in areas and too soft in others. I could have gone into the sweater/shirt with a lot more detail and shape but I don't think there is anything too offensive. Confused I'll fix these issues too if I have time. I always ask for a second opinion. An artist gets lost in the details sometimes and forgets the big picture. You get so interested in making an ear perfect that when you zoom out you realize it is too big, or low or dark, or whatever. That is all. Now I am going to lay my enormous head on my big pilla' Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuUDS6YBZs&feature=related

marcoballistic

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

It was a joke, I took ya words of wisdom on board you silly personage Rolling Eyes try to have a look later if I get a momento

blue_lurker

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Firstly let me say thank you to you all, god I love this place and you know why, you guys every bloody one of ya.

After a long look and a good cry with some mates and Gregs family, they have decided to do a digital montage on one of them digital frames. They were so over whelmed with the skill and the art work they want to show them all.

They have asked me to give there heart felt thanks and gratitude to you all for your wonderful gift of your art you time and most of all compassion in this there time of mourning.

I just wanna say one more time you guys are better than a pool full of lime jello and 30 hot naked midget babes, thank you.

Every bloody one of you.

ReyRey

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

I feel all warm and tingly inside. Very Happy Could be gas. Confused Wink

blue_lurker

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I feel all warm and tingly inside. Very Happy Could be gas. Confused Wink

Or a gerbil Twisted Evil

ReyRey

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Shocked

marcoballistic

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Pretty
Smashing
Community

Very Happy glad we could help Blue, and not the gerbil again Rey Shocked Laughing

annajon

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

salut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Lurker needs ya help - Reply to topic