Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I want to view members next images - not the contests one! - Reply to topic

Dechene

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 am   Reply with quote         

Just wondering,

When I go to view a members portfolio, why can't I open up an image, then from that screen hit next or previous to see the next image posted by that member?

At the mo' if I want to see someones work, I tend to open up about 10 separate tabs with links from their portfolio and then close each one when I'm done looking at it.

Wouldn't it be easier if we could simply click on one image, then see a page containing everything just like now, but with a separate box under the 'image options' section containing 'NEXT' & 'PRE' buttons, to view the members posted images?

It would also be great being able to sort peoples images like now via votes, recent etc, and then be able to view them one by one in that order?

I would love to go through say, reyrey's, marco's, anfa's portfolios, and many many other members work and see how they've used new techniques, improved their skills etc.

Well I do it now anyway but I'd love to do it even easier.

Probably been suggested before but thought I'd mention it anyways, anyone agree? care?

Question

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

I totally agree. I had a similar idea for a while, but just never said anything.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:33 am   Reply with quote         

if you have firefox as you browser you can use (Cooliris preview addon) as a plugin to get what you are asking for... its like a mouse over pop up browser i hope that helps Wink
-m-

Dechene

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

sk8r: Thanks for that addon, might make things a little easier.

Would still be great to be able to do it through the site though.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Brilliant idea (imho).

shanomoo

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

this would be awesome.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:36 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
sk8r: Thanks for that addon, might make things a little easier.

Would still be great to be able to do it through the site though.
your welcome... i am not sure if this could be coded into the actual psc site but that was what i had to offer as a sub...( can't spell the word ) to your problem... in all reality my honest opinion would be a no... based on the fact alone that psc is not a multi million corp site...I.E. mysapce (spelled intentionally) etc...rather it is a collection of choppers from around the world that have come together as a gang and love photo manipulation Wink
-m-

Dechene

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
in all reality my honest opinion would be a no... based on the fact alone that psc is not a multi million corp site...

Shouldn't be a problem for this reason, its just a few d'base SQL commands & some html coding, nothing too ambitious.

But I can see that it might be a little time consuming & or a hassle to setup originally, if the boss is busy then I'm sure it won't be high on the to do list. That's probably what'll stop it ever happening.

Still, I can cross my fingers & wait patiently... Very Happy

Quote:
if you have firefox as you browser you can use (Cooliris preview addon) as a plugin to get what you are asking for

also, a firefox addon which i use and works imo better for this task than 'Cooliris' is called 'SnapLinks'.
I recommend you give it a shot, i'm lost on a PC without it!

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
Quote:
in all reality my honest opinion would be a no... based on the fact alone that psc is not a multi million corp site...

Shouldn't be a problem for this reason, its just a few d'base SQL commands & some html coding, nothing too ambitious.

But I can see that it might be a little time consuming & or a hassle to setup originally, if the boss is busy then I'm sure it won't be high on the to do list. That's probably what'll stop it ever happening.

Still, I can cross my fingers & wait patiently... Very Happy

Quote:
if you have firefox as you browser you can use (Cooliris preview addon) as a plugin to get what you are asking for

also, a firefox addon which i use and works imo better for this task than 'Cooliris' is called 'SnapLinks'.
I recommend you give it a shot, i'm lost on a PC without it!

You are correct. If I have time on this 3-day weekend I'll take a look at what can be done. Gives me a perfect excuse to get back to learning php. Smile

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I was curious, who's member did you want to view? Laughing

Dechene

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I was curious, who's member did you want to view? Laughing

Hmmm, whoever offers, maybe it could be a special Head 2 Head chop? Razz

jefflang007

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

"And I want toilet made out of solid gold but it's just not in the cards now is it?"

http://www.langmark.com

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I want to view members next images - not the contests one! - Reply to topic