Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ReinMan: About FLUID MASK 3 application - Reply to topic

ReinMan

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I've noticed that a number of folks here are winning this application/plug-in and I had a couple comments about it.
(about the SOFTWARE, not the WINNERS) Wink

I did not win it. (though a good friend of mine did on "another" photochopping site). I paid for mine. Did a lot of research before the purchase. I was excited when I got it.

Upon first use it was a crazy nightmare. Blue lines EVERYWHERE and a rather complex tool pallette with too many options. After trying to figure it out on my own (and failing totally) I did what I always do at this point: went to their website (again) and reviewed the TUTs. Got excited again. Went back to the software and had somewhat better results though nothing stellar.

At this point I attended a Kelby Training day seminar here in Vancouver area and one of the things we were taught was how to make PS's EXTRACT module actually work. And it actually can do amazing things if you know how it "thinks". I felt pretty stupid at this point spending $300 on Fluid Mask 3. Huh..

A couple weeks later I thought I'd check out Fluid Mask again. And I took some of the "logic" of EXTRACT with me - and got MUCH better results. I almost started to be happy I had purchased this complex application.

THEN Fluid Mask released a handful more of their video tutorials. A new teacher, a more simple approach (one that echoed the PS EXTRACT way of thinking) and BY GOSH I'm loving Fluid Mask now. I'm getting great results in very fast turn around.

A point to all this, you ask?

a couple:

A) much like Photoshop itself, some programs require INVESTMENT of TIME in mastering them. Don't GIVE UP.

B) if you've tried this program and find it sucks, it doesn't. It is just a bit too powerful for its own good. Keep at it and VIEW THE VERTUS (host company's) tutorial videos a few times before giving up.

C) (bonus thought) try to win this application; it is much cheaper than buying it! Razz

ReinMan - peace/OUT

mike.b.

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I've noticed that a number of folks here are winning this application/plug-in and I had a couple comments about it.
(about the SOFTWARE, not the WINNERS) Wink

I did not win it. (though a good friend of mine did on "another" photochopping site). I paid for mine. Did a lot of research before the purchase. I was excited when I got it.

Upon first use it was a crazy nightmare. Blue lines EVERYWHERE and a rather complex tool pallette with too many options. After trying to figure it out on my own (and failing totally) I did what I always do at this point: went to their website (again) and reviewed the TUTs. Got excited again. Went back to the software and had somewhat better results though nothing stellar.

At this point I attended a Kelby Training day seminar here in Vancouver area and one of the things we were taught was how to make PS's EXTRACT module actually work. And it actually can do amazing things if you know how it "thinks". I felt pretty stupid at this point spending $300 on Fluid Mask 3. Huh..

A couple weeks later I thought I'd check out Fluid Mask again. And I took some of the "logic" of EXTRACT with me - and got MUCH better results. I almost started to be happy I had purchased this complex application.

THEN Fluid Mask released a handful more of their video tutorials. A new teacher, a more simple approach (one that echoed the PS EXTRACT way of thinking) and BY GOSH I'm loving Fluid Mask now. I'm getting great results in very fast turn around.

A point to all this, you ask?

a couple:

A) much like Photoshop itself, some programs require INVESTMENT of TIME in mastering them. Don't GIVE UP.

B) if you've tried this program and find it sucks, it doesn't. It is just a bit too powerful for its own good. Keep at it and VIEW THE VERTUS (host company's) tutorial videos a few times before giving up.

C) (bonus thought) try to win this application; it is much cheaper than buying it! Razz

ReinMan - peace/OUT

i downloaded this program ...cant use it at all too complicated...time is of the essence ...so mabey ill check the tut's ...but i hate tuts...cause i love learning things on my own but with this program ...you need a tut....so im going to break down and learn it

ReinMan

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

and THAT is THAT.

Good NIGHT, America!

reindeer

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ReinMan: About FLUID MASK 3 application - Reply to topic