Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - GoodbyeArt: 1 yr in High Speed - Reply to topic

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

for those who don't know who or what this is about, in light of recent... ahem... developments here, I thought maybe this guy could bring us some perspective.

His name is Phil Hansen. He's an amazing artist out of Minneapolis that works with all sorts of different media. Mostly he does this 'goodbye art' which means after he's done creating, he destroys it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKMq_tSO7zs
Check him out on YouTube above, or at his channel.
www.Philinthecircle.com

I guess what I get most out of this guy, is not to take yer art too seriously. After all at the end of the day, it is just art. Just paint or whatever put onto whatever. Some is for fun, some is for impact. But there are far more important things in life. So have fun, and for sure enjoy the experience, maybe learn some new things along the way, but at the end of the day move on.
Life's a journey, not a destination.

enjoy!

Scrumpy

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds cool Sean...faved for later when I have a spare moment.

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

This is great!

There also is a guy who paints all night long and in the morning he left his paintings behind during a walk in the city. People can take them to there home. But I don’t know his name anymore. That’s also a form of 'goodbye art' I suppose.

Thnx Sean!

annajon

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Great,

I had only seen the painting with Fries before. Never knew he had done so many...

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Hes got a whole channel of stuff on YouTube aj, and its almost better to go through them all individually. He usually tells how and why he's doing a particular piece.

The snow portrait is one of my favorites. Hell, I have a lot of favorites of his, like the Jimi Hendrix made of matches that he sets on fire.

I just figured this way you could just see them all. But I would definitely suggest watching some of them in their original form, you get way more out of it. Plus he puts some pretty good music to his art while you watch him create.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

that is whoa Shocked

annajon

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Hes got a whole channel of stuff on YouTube aj, and its almost better to go through them all individually. He usually tells how and why he's doing a particular piece.

The snow portrait is one of my favorites. Hell, I have a lot of favorites of his, like the Jimi Hendrix made of matches that he sets on fire.

I just figured this way you could just see them all. But I would definitely suggest watching some of them in their original form, you get way more out of it. Plus he puts some pretty good music to his art while you watch him create.

That Jimmy Hendrix one is awsum. And good thing he has all this work on film, so something gets left.

Now why am I craving for Orio cookies now?????

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - GoodbyeArt: 1 yr in High Speed - Reply to topic