Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Craptastic weekend - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry I was so silent over the weekend and didn't keep up on my chop challenge thread but for good reasons.

First is that I had to put my cat down on Friday night. I know some people think cats are useless animals but I'm a cat and dog person and Puck was truly a beloved animal companion. He had been my friend for 13 years and was the most affectionate cat you ever met. He would climb onto a strangers lap and instantly curl up and purr like the person was an old friend. Yeah I cried like a baby and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Crying or Very sad

Then Saturday I had to take my son's scout troop to summer camp. I spent the morning wiring my SUV so I could tow the trailer with all their gear. Somehow I pulled a muscle in my neck and it impinged on a nerve. I couldn't turn my head to the right at all without excruciating pain. This was fun as I had to spend the night in a tent and stay at the camp until the replacement leader could get there.

BUT! Before I even got 1/3 of the way to the camp my transmission overheated while towing the trailer. I had to unload all the gear out of the trailer and into my car (alone and with the sore neck as the guys had to be at camp on a deadline). Then I limped along and dropped the trailer off at a Church building for someone else to pick up the next day. A two hour trip took me four and a half hours. Mad

I got home on Sunday afternoon around 3:30p, took two Vicodin, and said good-night to the world until I woke up and took two more Vicodin.

Man I'm glad the weekend is over. Confused

TheShaman

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

WOW! sorry to hear about the cat & your neck tofudisan... Hug

This weekend we had a bonfire with the neighbors on Friday night. Went firefly catching with the kids and then plenty of Tequila drinking once they went to bed.

Saturday morning we dropped the kids off at my parents for a sleepover. Then we went and saw The Dark Knight (at my wifes request no less) and out to a nice dinner followed by an adult evening alone Twisted Evil
Then came here a little after midnight (after she was asleep) to find the harsh, but true comments on my craptacular saturday entry and ended up staying up fairly late to try to amend said screw-ups.

Sunday was Church, followed by a day at the Renaissance Fair.
HUZZAH!

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

So sorry to hear about your cat Tofu. Sad My cat is getting on up there in years as well. Don't think she'll be with me much longer.

My flat panel TV went out on me over the weekend too, and of course the warranty had just ended a month or so ago. Doh!

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

Poor Tofu's Kitty.

Could be worse...you could not have Vidodin.

(Vicodin makes EVERYTHING feel alllllllllll better)

kinetic_be

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Trouble always comes in waves of 3 they say (not sure if it's the right expression)
Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, losing a pet hurts, I know it.
The muscle will get better and the transmission can be replaced, the cat can't...

Best of luck in the next days.

mellowdesign

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry about your cat... I sometimes miss them even more than people Sad I've not forgotten any of my cats - they'll always have a place in my heart. Just remember Puck has gone through the celestial catflap into the great mouseoleum in the sky - a fun place to be!

Wiz

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to hear about your cat tofu, sounds like you had a real 'Chevy Chase Vacation' weekend.

I Know how sad it is to lose the little friends that used to brighten your day on a cloudy day.

We had two called Dukey and Buffy, and they were just like a hubby and wife. Dukey being the big old slow reacting 'Hubby' and 'Buffy' the slinky lean mean Siamese fighting wife machine.

She would shadow box poor old Dukey something rotten, but like all old hubby's Worldwide, he'd just slope off to the shed for a bit of peace and quiet.

Both gone now, but not forgotten Sad

Wiz

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry for your beloved cat, i now what you feel, in my case a dog

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to hear about your cat. Crying or Very sad

Micose

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

thats sucks.sorry for ur cat bro....Sad

cats rock my life too Cool
arcaico

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

why all this people is sorry for the cat??? The world is a better place without them!!! GO DOOOOOOGSSSS!!!!

by the way, sorry for yer cat...

GO VICODIN!!!!!!!!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
why all this people is sorry for the cat??? The world is a better place without them!!! GO DOOOOOOGSSSS!!!!

by the way, sorry for yer cat...

GO VICODIN!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing

Thanks arc! Much needed literal laugh out loud. Wink

And a HUGE thanks to all who've posted & PM'd their condolences. Hug

I wasn't really looking for the condolences. I just needed to vent about the crappy weekend.

Oh and I still have four other cats and a dog. It's just that Puck was my favorite. Wink

splodge

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry bout all your woes pal, i'm glad you made it home safe, chill, enjoy

Hallcross Toots
MindGraph

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Oh and I still have four other cats and a dog. It's just that Puck was my favorite. Wink

well I sure hope the others can't read! Shocked Laughing
Sorry about your weekend overall Tofu. Wink

gravyboat

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

If it makes you feel any better, I had to spend three hours of my life waiting for my wife and daughter to get their *$*^% hair done Saturday. Crying or Very sad

4 of those 3 hours were spent at the bar Cool

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Craptastic weekend - Reply to topic