Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I want JMH back! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

anfa

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Come on, admit it. The site went to shite when JMH sold it!

Scrumpy

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked Shocked and Shocked etc.

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Yea I agree JMH was a lot more hands on, and interacted on the choppers level and the modes were more involved in the public eye rather than behind he scenes, but its more than that anfa mate.

After the refresh of the site and the sale, a lot of people moved on and a different attitude and new mood moved in with a lot of new people. Its life mate and things like internet sites change with the people that frequent them. I miss the old days but in 2 years time some of these new people will be writing that they miss the old days...and two old farts like us will sit here and chuckle to our selves..and then have to wipe the dribble from our chins and change our colostomy bags...lmao

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:15 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Yea I agree JMH was a lot more hands on, and interacted on the choppers level and the modes were more involved in the public eye rather than behind he scenes, but its more than that anfa mate.

After the refresh of the site and the sale, a lot of people moved on and a different attitude and new mood moved in with a lot of new people. Its life mate and things like internet sites change with the people that frequent them. I miss the old days but in 2 years time some of these new people will be writing that they miss the old days...and two old farts like us will sit here and chuckle to our selves..and then have to wipe the dribble from our chins and change our colostomy bags...lmao
i am one of the new people... i've only been here for just over a year... so i didn't get the chance to experience when JMH owned the site.

with that said... i have had a blast here (except for that one exception that i cant mention) Laughing ... um back on track....i have had the pleasure to chop along side w/ the finest and the crappiest of chopers.

i have introduced my self to many an old, new, and nolonger participating choppers here at psc...iv'e learned many a tricks/tips.... and have recv'd many STFUAC's... so to me this is all i know about being an active member.

i like psc the way it is and in my honest opinion in the year and so... that i've been here i have no regrets... and some day I WILL LOOK BACK & CHUCKEL w/ you guys...

UNLESS THAT IS... IF YOU OLD FARTS KICK THE BUCKET Argh Hmmm Shocked look we all know we are all addicted to psc in some way or the other.... im thankful i have a site as cool and diverse that i can come to and enjoy just about every day Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:16 am   Reply with quote         

Who is this J...M...H? Confused

For you bozos out there, I'm just playing with ya! Razz

Let's say for example, if JMH did come back. Would this site be any different? Would Marco still be ranking top places, getting frequent wins and posting like for every contest? Yes he would. So basically, nothing much would change. (except perhaps for better sources, return to the old interface etc...)

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:56 am   Reply with quote         

isn't the users who make a great site even that much greater? I really haven't seen any major issues, I mean of course no site is perfect but there are worse sites out there. Who wants to go back to worth1000? I sure as hell don't Confused

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:49 am   Reply with quote         

No offense to Proc, realise he has been globe trotting and studying etc.

But surely Jeremy should have sold the site to someone who could give time to make it great and keep it running smoothly.

I mean we are by advertisement a prize site for example. New people turn up and may think oooh prizes, great. Sign up etc. But then wtf, no prizes.....

Now I think either set up and get the prize comps going again, or more preferably take the site back a notch or too to the time when it was simple and did exactly what it says on the tin. Because at the moment, what is said on the tin is a big fat lie! Confused

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
... I miss the old days...lmao

Based on the how the votes were distributed in the reunion contest I think everyone got a good taste of the friendly old days. Nothing to see here, keep moving on...

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Based on the how the votes were distributed in the reunion contest I think everyone got a good taste of the friendly old days. Nothing to see here, keep moving on...

I got no idea what point ya trying to make here???

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Exactly.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Exactly.

Well you made the comment, all I'm asking is what you meant by iit, you quoted my opinion, "about missing the old days, and I don't understand what you mean?

anfa

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Claf and Rey weren't here in the old days (I got all my votes in that contest because I have lots of friends)!

marcoballistic wrote:
No offense to Proc, realise he has been globe trotting and studying etc.

But surely Jeremy should have sold the site to someone who could give time to make it great and keep it running smoothly.

I mean we are by advertisement a prize site for example. New people turn up and may think oooh prizes, great. Sign up etc. But then wtf, no prizes.....

Now I think either set up and get the prize comps going again, or more preferably take the site back a notch or too to the time when it was simple and did exactly what it says on the tin. Because at the moment, what is said on the tin is a big fat lie! Confused

Yeah! What he said. I want another laptop!!!!

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
tadams wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Claf and Rey weren't here in the old days (I got all my votes in that contest because I have lots of friends)!

With each passing year here at PSC the good old days become the ancient, decrepit days of yore. Maybe when people refer to the good old days they should cite the year(s), like a fine wine.

Is the marriage on the rocks? Will you be able to weather the changes, or will you walk out the door without so much as leaving a "I'm leaving because..." thread? Will you find a younger, sexier web site? Or, will you STFUAC?

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

Look I give up.
Tadams the good old days are what they want to be, there always going to be better to those that were there at the time, than those that arrived that minute to late, it's got nothing to do with a reunion contest, votes or prizes. Its the way we played outside of the contests and to me it was a lot more fun and a better learning experience and people were not as touchy and egotistical as they are now days, well ok egotistical yeah, and anfa was always a vote whore Laughing .

You have your opinion I have mine, but I was a lurker for a long time before I became a member and I do miss the fun stuff. We use to have some good threads as well if ya got the time have a read.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2618&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=91204&highlight=#91204
Leifs 2 minute doodles were one of the best games ever, and most people here dont know who Leif is.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
thats just a few of the good fun times add to that chop da chopper and the Daily H2hs scavhunts pick on rondo day it was a lot more fun.

With people like HTK and The doc crisps billtv offering to help all the time it was a better learning site. Wow did I just type all that man I need to get out more huh Very Happy

Ok Rant over

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Look I give up.
Tadams the good old days are what they want to be, there always going to be better to those that were there at the time, than those that arrived that minute to late, it's got nothing to do with a reunion contest, votes or prizes. Its the way we played outside of the contests and to me it was a lot more fun and a better learning experience and people were not as touchy and egotistical as they are now days, well ok egotistical yeah, and anfa was always a vote whore Laughing .

You have your opinion I have mine, but I was a lurker for a long time before I became a member and I do miss the fun stuff. We use to have some good threads as well if ya got the time have a read.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2618&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=91204&highlight=#91204
Leifs 2 minute doodles were one of the best games ever, and most people here dont know who Leif is.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8150&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
thats just a few of the good fun times add to that chop da chopper and the Daily H2hs scavhunts pick on rondo day it was a lot more fun.

With people like HTK and The doc crisps billtv offering to help all the time it was a better learning site. Wow did I just type all that man I need to get out more huh Very Happy

Ok Rant over

Time? You mean, "do you have a couple of years to read through all that?" Laughing

Just as I must keep chopping in order to hit one out of the chop park, so must you keep starting threads and ideas. Some ideas take off running, happy people get on board, and then suddenly the ship is sinking into oblivion. No matter. Build a new ship. Keep paddling. Keep moving forward.

As the grefix said to the anfa, "Shit Happens."

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I want JMH back! - Reply to topic