Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Thanks dew'd! - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew's recent recycler chop looked like it would be fun to do so I had a go at it on my own. It was fun! dew'd even gave me some tips and tricks on how he did his grommets. Mr. Green

dewdew

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, and then went back and tried those tricks.... Shocked .....Now DEWDEW's trying to figure out what he did.....so if anyone actually makes them.....SHOW ME. Those look great....HOW DID I DO THAT AGAIN. I'll have to read the PM. Laughing

The best looking thing i ever made in PS, and i don't save the damn psd. Not that i could have read it afterwards anyway, which is the main reason i don't save PSD's unless i take a break from a chop. That and file size. Once it's done....i save a Jpeg..and hit the x. Crying or Very sad

I was laughing about it while chopping thinking...MAN, you are watching too much Pixel Perfect. Reminds me of a BERT chop. Laughing

Martrex

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Too bad he can't remember how he did much of it. Late at night empty beer bottles laying about everywhere. Strange odor coming from the hand rolled cig in the ashtray. Had broken out the mason jar full of the liquid fire. I don't know how he can remember anything from that night. Laughing Laughing Laughing

dewdew

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Too bad he can't remember how he did much of it. Late at night empty beer bottles laying about everywhere. Strange odor coming from the hand rolled cig in the ashtray. Had broken out the mason jar full of the liquid fire. I don't know how he can remember anything from that night. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I remember most of it, Damn it!! The odor coming from that lefthand cig with a righthand twist was not strange. AIR-O-MATIC maybe, but not strange. I've smelled, smelt, smelt,smelled....ahhh hell, i recognized it. Cool

Look we all know i'm no GURU at this shit. Most here are what i would call ADVANCED PS users. Me, i sat down in front of PS one day and said ooooooohhhhhhhhhh....like a kid does when he see's a cool new toy. I can sit for hours just trying to make something simple like a gromet. During those hours, i jam some tunes, drink alot of sweet tea, and get STONED if everyone is in school, or done with DADDY at the end of the day.

I'm applying layer mask, and making adjustment mask, and flipping blending styles....and moving the HUE/SAT sliders, and converting to B&W...and coloing it back in.. shakng2 ...so i'm not the most organized chopper. I end up with about 30 layers...and only needed three. Laughing I do all of my chops like that Raising Brow which maybe why my stat position is #10032....but i have fun, and i feel like i'm learning, Even if i am not. I did not even think the gromets were all that good. Then TOFU pointed it out....i went back, and thought....Damn, who edited my entry. I mean hell, the pipes are more blurry than the gromets... Shocked Question ...my guess is some damn mask i applied and it effected the pipe layer. Laughing So i'm sure i screw up more than i make nice just because of how i chop. I never had CS, 7, 5, or 3.1dos whatever. So i'm only a year into my new toy, maybe i'll calm down once i rub the shine off of it. PSC and mostly the ARTISTIC people here are what keeps the SHINE so bright. I see everyone talking all this George Jetson, space/anti-matter /rgb /cm-o-u-s-e garble. I go back and try to remember what the hell REIN said about destroying the mask and not the real pixels...and what Rey said about looking at Mirrors, with strings, and a flashlight, and reflections that bend around the globe... Argh Argh Argh So if your thinking i could tell you step by step HOW...... Mr. Green then get ready....this could be quick, then again in about 4 hours we could still have black dots. blackeye

EDIT: I know, Idea i'll make a TUT so i can get on the TUT page with LED and Rein and them........ Laughing ....THAT IS FUNNY...i could make DONNIE look NORMAL. Laughing

janetdog

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:

Some of my best chops were performed in those exact conditions. Wish I could remember where I put the psd's.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:

I can sit for hours just trying to make something simple like a gromet. During those hours, i jam some tunes, drink alot of sweet tea, and get STONED if everyone is in school, or done with DADDY at the end of the day.

awesome ....thats the same thing i do

Tesore

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

+1 Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fooling arround... I love it!
Wink

Edit: No time to get stoned or be a daddy... or... ahhhhh wtf... Rolling Eyes

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing I'm glad some others chop that way too. Not just the stoned part, but what i call flip-flopping. I'm not always flip flopping. I have started with a idea...Those chops are far more organized, but even then i have to FLIP FLIP FLIP...Just to see what it does. Name layers??? layer 2 is a name. I have undo steps set to 50, still more times than not...it's not enough. Laughing

Tofu, that one you did looks 10 times better than mine for sure. Thanks for showing mine up. Confused Laughing Laughing ...That's the last time i help you talented bastards. Razz

Hey, it only took 255 entries before someone liked something i did..... Huh... Next REY and Claf will be PMing me wanting to know all my SECRETS. Damn people, i can't do it for you.....Hold on....there is youtube calling now, they want me to make a few videos of how i do that magic i do in PS.... Argh i guess with great powers comes great responsiblity. Cool

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Tofu, that one you did looks 10 times better than mine for sure. Thanks for showing mine up. Confused Laughing Laughing ...That's the last time i help you talented bastards. Razz

Nothing ever compares to the original no matter what it is. Wink

Not to mention I had to get your input to make my grommets look better! Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Thanks dew'd! - Reply to topic