Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - new - Reply to topic

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

im new and my pics have not gotten a single vote or comment nothing so are mine just being seen or they just suck that bad?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:09 pm   Reply with quote         

patience young grasshopper Wink ... your 2 entries of the water/city scene are only at 22 views or so... could be because you entered them so late in the contest past the 1st day and most people are out of votes by now...

when i 1st started here i recv'd no votes on my 1st entry... i road the wave out and after learning some things my skills got better... and my entries showed it... stick around dude and the votes will come Very Happy

welcome to psc Wink
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5241

(Not trying to toot my own my own horn or anything.)

Wiz

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

dogma46an2 wrote:
im new and my pics have not gotten a single vote or comment nothing so are mine just being seen or they just suck that bad?

"Keep at it Dogma, the bar tends to be set a bit high around here and lazy chops get the flick very easily. It's no good just patching some some image overlay onto the source image and expect any hand clapping.
BTW: We all went through doing that when we first came here, so be patient eh! Smile

What you can do, is to look at all the winning chops and see how they worked at it. First on the Idea IDEA, then on the manipulation, and finally on gluing it all together SEAMLESSLY so that we all scream 'How The F@ck Did He Do That! (Usually it's Marco's Work that gets this reaction) Laughing

A peek at all the tutes, and work through them one by one, wouldn't go astray, that's what a lot of newbies have done and improved their skills no end.

Now with that all said, I'll be looking out for your next entry and I'll critique it for you, but get it in early, so that you can update any changes, and there will be I assure you! OK!" Twisted Evil

Good Luck! Wiz

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

-

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 am   Reply with quote         

If you want 200 votes on a mediocre image go to Photoshoptalent.com

That's not mean, that's truthfull.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:52 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
If you want 200 votes on a mediocre image go to Photoshoptalent.com

That's not mean, that's truthfull.

BAM take it to the bank Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks guys ......lol P.S.T (f@#$ em) i was on there trying to learn . as well as my brother and we have the same IP . so they have since kicked us off totally without any explanation . its crap but any how . yeah im trying to get better and more tech in my pics but they run so fast and also whats the deal with the whole upload size thing it takes me forever to figure out the correct size and then by the time its resized it doesnt look as good as the first one at its best ?but yeah try to do better Twisted Evil

Wiz

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

dogma46an2 wrote:
thanks guys ......lol P.S.T (f@#$ em) i was on there trying to learn . as well as my brother and we have the same IP . so they have since kicked us off totally without any explanation . its crap but any how . yeah im trying to get better and more tech in my pics but they run so fast and also whats the deal with the whole upload size thing it takes me forever to figure out the correct size and then by the time its resized it doesnt look as good as the first one at its best ?but yeah try to do better Twisted Evil

"Best to set your photoshop image window size FIRST to the max non- advantage size... But if you are an advantage member then size it accordingly (It's larger and better!).

That way you have a correct sized canvas to start off with. Then it's just a matter of saving for Web and working down the values ramp to the correct pixel size that's allowed. As usual this diminishes the quality of your image, so it's a good idea to try a short spell of being an 'Advantage Member'.

You'll never want to go back trust me! Smile

Have fun! Wiz Wink

mangochutney

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 am   Reply with quote         

This crowd is tough... I am new here, but still in the process of deciding wether to please my own style or whore after the votes. I guess it's the same for everyone. And it's so weird, that sometimes the images I sweat over and personally love to bits, get bugger-all votes. And something I dash off without thought receives a hail of praise for diligence and skill. The tough-love is great though - I'm slowly learning to pay attention to the smallest details before submitting an entry. Shadows, lighting, colors, pixellation, focus .. the list goes on, but if you hang in there and accept the critiques (different from criticism) then it's a great place to play.

Wiz

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 am   Reply with quote         

mangochutney wrote:
This crowd is tough... I am new here, but still in the process of deciding wether to please my own style or whore after the votes. I guess it's the same for everyone. And it's so weird, that sometimes the images I sweat over and personally love to bits, get bugger-all votes. And something I dash off without thought receives a hail of praise for diligence and skill. The tough-love is great though - I'm slowly learning to pay attention to the smallest details before submitting an entry. Shadows, lighting, colors, pixellation, focus .. the list goes on, but if you hang in there and accept the critiques (different from criticism) then it's a great place to play.

"You got it one Bro'!"
Wink Wiz

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

I love the way you always put your name after everything you say Wiz Laughing your a nutter, but thats cool, cos your our nutter Very Happy

Wiz

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
I love the way you always put your name after everything you say Wiz Laughing your a nutter, but thats cool, cos your our nutter Very Happy

Look who's talking, you nut... Lying down there, and saying Hi with that jaundiced look, and sporting red sunglasses! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nutty Wiz! Confused Wink

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - new - Reply to topic