Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - KA-KA - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

dewdew

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
doesn't the u.s. have massive amount of reserves? aren't they put aside for these reasons?

HELL YEAH, they do....and it looks like the plan is to sale it to the highest bidder.

Scion bud you got lucky, i would have ran home and got the other car, the boat, any atvs..lawnmowers.and milk jugs i could find. Laughing Laughing
Hate to see what it will be once the Super is gone. Confused

Luxwiz

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Hi Bob,it's been a while since I've logged on here.How are you and the family keeping? Ow!! 6:30 a.m. Shocked to work? That hurts almost as much as the gas hike.It reminds me of my taxi driving days back in Toronto. Y-IKE-S, they actually raised the price that much in a few hours? Isn't there a regulatory body or a pro consumer action group there to prevent this highway robbery or at least challenge these sudden price hikes.There should be a law against these types of actions.This smells of the "preemtive strike" war concept as applied to the economy. So to answer your question this must be a "preempitive gas hike"! Shocked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preemptive_strike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preemptive_war
By that reasoning,however shouldn't they have the moral obligation to lower the prices after the storm as much the other way (if Ike doesn't cause damages) to payback the damaged consumer the extra bucks they unjustly ripped him off for? It kinda makes you want to root for the hurricane... IKE 1 : CHEVRON-TEXACO 0 Smile .
MindGraph wrote:
just to give an update to this thread at the end of the day. Those in other areas that don't know it, we have a hurricane coming into one of our top oil refineries in the U.S. and that is Texas. Anyway The holding tanks at our gas stations are filled for the most part and all of a sudden a storm approaches and the country decides to raise the prices of gas because the storm is going to approach our oil refineries which it didn't hit yet. So they say that gas would probably rise at the stations here. Well I left for work this morning at 6:30 and stopped at a gas station to top off my tank to the price of $3.69 a gallon. Well I called my wife and told her how much the gas was and maybe to grab some if she needed it on her way in which was 1 1/2 hrs later. When she stopped gas had climbed to $3.99 by that short a time. When I went to lunch around noon gas price had gone to $4.50 which was about 4 hours later and at the 5:00 hour it had hit $5.00.
Not so much the price that gets me but as someone said at work the gas stations haven't been hit with the higher price fuel yet so what is justifying them to be able to jack up the price that much in hours with what they already had in their holding tanks?
Does anyone have a clue on this? I'm just trying to get some education on this. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - KA-KA - Reply to topic