Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Tips for cs3? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

ReinMan

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
TIPS: PLAY, PLAY,PLAY and Enjoy your new toy. Smile

DELIA said she had a SECRET copy..... Doh! ...IS the secret copy like cs3 extended x2. Wink

(Hah. It's like that movie The Secret. NOT much of a secret anymore, is it? Oh - and the SECRET will cost you $29.95 + shipping.) Razz

BTW - the PS CS3 Secret will cost you YOUR LIFE!!!!! Shocked

kinetic_be

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

I'm using photoshop for nearly 6 months now.
Most I learned (like Reinman pointed out) due Youtube-movies, also I had a look at the 'Photoshop Top Secret' DVD-set and 'Advanced matte painting' from Dylan Cole and I read read read. (yes I love reading)

Dylan Cole: www.dylancolestudio.com has a few tutorial-dvd's out which are very helpfull. He's concidered the best digital artist when it comes to matte painting at the moment. (he's very active in the movie-industry where he provides backgrounds such as landscapes for Lord of the Rings, or cityscapes and he also did the Coca-cola commercial for the Happiness Factory)

Photoshop Top Secret is a dvd set in where they explain step-by-step how to achieve some effects, or how to create things. They have a very wide variety such as backgrounds, dvd-layouts, portraits, etc...

But the best way to learn is still to 'mess around in PS' Smile

Tarmac

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
I too migrated directly from Ps6 to Ps CS3 extended about a year and a half ago, or whenever CS3 first came out. Biggest thrill for me was discovering the warp tool option inside of a selection. That was a pure jet fuel experience. Forget the clone tool, you had that back in Ps6. Instead, make any selection, right click on it, choose warp, and then strap yourself in for a little Ps thrill.
Very Happy

Psst, Tarmac? We were JOKING about the Clone Tool. Wink Razz

FUNNY. I've never known you to JOKE AROUND before. Shocked Laughing

Martrex

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Just in time I just got a notice that CS4 is about to be released! But no hints of how different or in what ways it will be better. I had heard rumors of more flash like abilities included in it! We will have to see unless the gurus here know more??

Martrex

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

But more seriously check the buttons in row under the layers screen. They will let you do things to the layers but not permanently change original image. Stuff you had to go through and do with Image adjust and permanently change the image. Now can be done using adjustment layer the dark and light ball. Then make changes that stay in their own layer sep from original layer they affect.
Animation can still be done but imageready is dead. They worked it into the overall program. Then there is 3d stuff I haven't played with and importing video clips I've heard but haven't tried. Just a few things to think about or play with or research or watch tutorials on. Shocked Shocked Laughing

splodge

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Tips for cs3? - Reply to topic