Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Ok ok, why do I always miss this cool stuff.... - Reply to topic

Designed2522

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Just wondering when this team challenge shit started??? what does it mean, I cant find the Forum that explains it.... im so lost and alone... Sad

Tesore

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Hug

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ask/pm Eve if there is a place for you!

Luxwiz

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
Just wondering when this team challenge shit started??? what does it mean, I cant find the Forum that explains it.... im so lost and alone... Sad

I think it started as a creative solution to an arguement in one of the threads involving mike b. arcaico and polishmafia if I recall. mike got banned which started another arguement that degenerated into accusations of racism and who's country was better and the best.This led to an idea about having a chopper's olympics with individuals representing different countries competing to see which country was the bestest Rolling Eyes.It seems a lot of people didn't think it was a good idea to split us up along national divisions and compete in this fashion as it would create animosity and unrest in our idyllic little community,so the idea of a team comp (which had its first incarnation two or three years ago) was the creative solution to this little debacle.And a great idea it is too Very Happy.This I think was the origins of this years Team Challenge...but don't take my word for it,I may be completely wrong Confused Laughing.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10589

Designed2522

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Tesore and Luxwiz , I appreciate it! It looks as though I may be a little late for this Smile but thanks for taking the time to message back!

Tesore

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Not too late!
Some team members lost their team mate for several reasons... and we are just half way the TC.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Luis is right, although to clarify further back in Feb 2006 the very first and only Team Chop Challenge took place, it rocked. I tried to get one going early last year but then lots of shit hit various fans and the idea died.

PSC was in critical meltdown to some regards when Eve grabbed the Team chop idea and dragged it from under the rocks it was buried. PSC had a reason to be fun again, and here we all are Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:

The starting and making of teams stayed on the home page for 2 weeks before the comp began. Sorry you didn't see it.

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

I think it started as a creative solution to an arguement in one of the threads involving mike b. arcaico and polishmafia if I recall. mike got banned which started another arguement that degenerated into accusations of racism and who's country was better and the best.This led to an idea about having a chopper's olympics with individuals representing different countries competing to see which country was the bestest Rolling Eyes.It seems a lot of people didn't think it was a good idea to split us up along national divisions and compete in this fashion as it would create animosity and unrest in our idyllic little community,so the idea of a team comp (which had its first incarnation two or three years ago) was the creative solution to this little debacle.And a great idea it is too Very Happy.This I think was the origins of this years Team Challenge...but don't take my word for it,I may be completely wrong Confused Laughing.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10589

Lux that was spot on!!! A good read! Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

I think it started as a creative solution to an arguement in one of the threads involving mike b. arcaico and polishmafia if I recall. mike got banned which started another arguement that degenerated into accusations of racism and who's country was better and the best.This led to an idea about having a chopper's olympics with individuals representing different countries competing to see which country was the bestest Rolling Eyes.

yeah, that was my dumb idea Rolling Eyes
I was just trying to get the community back to chopping with having less bickering. It was getting knee deep in the forums with no sign of stopping... So my suggestion was to do a collective chop, like the Olympics... Since everyone was saying their country rocked... yeah that didn't work out so well...

marcoballistic wrote:

PSC was in critical meltdown to some regards when Eve grabbed the Team chop idea and dragged it from under the rocks it was buried. PSC had a reason to be fun again, and here we all are Smile

but hey, at least someone's getting credit for saving PSC from teh meltdown!

Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Bull...it was purely for selfish reasons only. Twisted Evil
Those who formed the teams helped save PSC from meltdown.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Sean for president Very Happy

splodge

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, working on the tell everyone everything button, meanwhile try using you PM's

or log in occasionally Sad

Hallcross Toots
Luxwiz

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Bull...it was purely for selfish reasons only. Twisted Evil
Those who formed the teams helped save PSC from meltdown.

I agree,as the word team itself suggests,PSC is a team effort.The success of this site depends on the effort we all (the big and the small,the pros and the noobs) imput into the site...I consider all the individual members of PSC as part of one team.Team PSC.When one member wins we should feel we are part of that victory and be happy for the winner,thus in this sense we are all winners,there are no loosers.Hey,maybe one day in the not too distant future they (our kids) will be organizing team comps against other photoshopping sites like PST, PSF and Worth 1000.Have qualifying rounds to select our best ,then compete in a round robin eliminatory with other sites as a prelude to a final showdown in a Superchop World Series.Who knows maybe in ten or twenty years time it might be a reality.There could even be big,big prizes at that level and I can just imagine some of the incredible entries we would have the priviledge of wittnessing.That would surely unite the site...We'd all be rootin' for Team PSC consisting of claf jr.,rey rey jr.,anfa jr.,marco jr.and eve jress. hehehe... as they reach the Super Chop-Off World Series Championship finals Very Happy.Well,at least it's fun to fantasize a bit Wink.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

the202 wrote:
More than anything, I would love to see a renewed effort put forth by the entire PSC community, not only the current generation of users, but also the legacy members, the moderators and of course the site’s proprietor to reestablish a cohesive, enjoyable environment. I think that it’s important that all contributing members recognize their responsibility to the success and development of the site.

Whether you plan to stick around indefinitely or eventually outgrow the site, you have a chance, not only leave your mark, but learn from some the most talented people I’ve ever encountered. Moreover the site administrators have the obligation to better understand the user base and their changing needs. It’s essential that PSC fosters a consistent, inclusive user experience for all its constructive members.

Despite the ever changing user base, or the ownership changing hands, or having been physically built and rebuilt countless times, PSC – and the ideas it represents - have remained constant: An online Art community designed to encourage and foster the sharing of ideas, art and friendship.

While in our stead, we all share the responsibility of its continued development and success.

Definately the most articulated summation ever made on this site.

and Laughing Laughing Laughing @Vokaris.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Ok ok, why do I always miss this cool stuff.... - Reply to topic