Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - TEAM CHOP '08 WEEK 3 SCORES: - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

Here you go:

bigger version here:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/mb25/w33.jpg

TheShaman

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 pm   Reply with quote         

considering of our 141 vote total, that only 8 votes have gone my partners way...
I'm pretty happy with TheRedShirts overall placement in this contest...

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

it´s actually funny... indeed, there´s no difference in wich page you post yer entry, as long as you pre-post it. I posted 12 hours after the contest opened, and it had 116 page views. That only proves it´s useless to post if you don´t have advantage. A good solution would be a 1-day advantage for non-advantage users. Instead of releasing the today´s source, releasing tomorrow´s source, so everyone would have the appreciation of the first-minute viewers... of course no one will give a damn about my opinion, but in case someone actually care about improving PSC, that would be a good implementation...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

A.G.L

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad only 23 votes... good that I have my team mate with me. Razz

marcoballistic

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
it´s actually funny... indeed, there´s no difference in wich page you post yer entry, as long as you pre-post it. I posted 12 hours after the contest opened, and it had 116 page views. That only proves it´s useless to post if you don´t have advantage. A good solution would be a 1-day advantage for non-advantage users. Instead of releasing the today´s source, releasing tomorrow´s source, so everyone would have the appreciation of the first-minute viewers... of course no one will give a damn about my opinion, but in case someone actually care about improving PSC, that would be a good implementation...

yeah yeah stop being a wussy Rolling Eyes

TheShaman

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
arcaico wrote:

yeah yeah stop being a wussy Rolling Eyes

Laughing I know where that reference is from Laughing !!!!
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=227636&highlight=#227636

arcaico wrote:
don't be such a wussy marco. My entry for week 2 was in the last page and placed 2nd. It's not in which page yer entry is, but if it's good or not. Asshole.

Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't understand what you're saying, Arc. I send the source to those who don't have advantage as soon as it's announced.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

It's not related to the team comp eve... I'm saying generally... tesore (guess it was her) mentioned in the other thread the last entry had 100+ views... but that's not because of the page it was, but because of the time it entered the comp. If marco and Sean had text interpretation skills, which I'm quite sure they don't, they would notice my opinions are not contradictory... it doesn't matter in which page your entry is, AS LONG AS YOUR ENTRY IS THERE BY THE BEGINNING OF THE CONTEST. If they weren't so busy trying to make me look like dumb, they'd have noticed it... unless they really have no reading skills. I'm not complaining the votes I got... I didn't even mention them. I was just stating this leap of page views cause I noticed it now only... hence the fact I usually pre-post my entries. This must be really discouraging for non-advantaged pscers...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

knew exactly what you were saying, but just thought you were being a bit of a wussy tis all Razz

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

.... Shocked

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
considering of our 141 vote total, that only 8 votes have gone my partners way...

Forgive me, for I have failed thee. Chop 1 was abysmal, chop 2 was decent but still a failure, I didn't chop for 3, let's see how no 4 goes. Razz

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
It's not related to the team comp eve... I'm saying generally... tesore (guess it was her) mentioned in the other thread the last entry had 100+ views... but that's not because of the page it was, but because of the time it entered the comp. This must be really discouraging for non-advantaged pscers...

I too read your statement, and apparently misunderstood its intent. forgive me...
ladies ladies and gentlemen I give you Fabio the disadvantaged peoples champion.

Arc you're silly.
Mr 2 lifetime advantages just figured out that if you post 12 hours after a planned super contest begins with already more than 50+ entries, that the entry in question isn't going to fair that well unless its outstanding?
Come on.

Well I guess some learn things slower than others. Most regular days you wont have this problem. As Eve stated, shes handing out the sources to those who don't have advantage for this contest. So having a week to chop, and knowing when the contest opens to post it should suffice. When you posted Arc, (12 hours after the contest opened) I still had votes in my bag. I saw your entry. Lets also not forget that this was a Friday contest, and this place can be a ghost town on the weekends occasionally. Though as far as I can tell people were still getting votes on Sunday so...

arcaico wrote:
A good solution would be a 1-day advantage for non-advantage users. Instead of releasing the today´s source, releasing tomorrow´s source, so everyone would have the appreciation of the first-minute viewers...
Forgive me again... Why then should ANYONE bother giving PSC money if everyone is going to get yer proposed non-advantage advantage? Yes it is a tad unfair on Super Contest days, but life ain't fair. Thus the reason people PAY for the advantage, if they want to compete on said days.

On a regular day such as today, or yesterday this isn't as much of a problem. Yesterday there were 8 pre-posts. Today, there are only 9. Tomorrow, 2. That should level your supposed unfair playing field. Most times I don't even use all my votes till the last day of the contest just for those w/o advantage to get a fair shake... By the end of those 'regular' contests there may be 26 entries...

Though you still need to chop fairly quickly, but remembering back 2 years when I was disadvantaged, I knew that you had to chop rather quickly to "compete" here.
It IS part of the game. It IS what gave PSC that edge...
PSC MOTTO: Chop hard, Chop fast, and have a GOOD IDEA with GOOD EXECUTION, and the votes will follow.
You of all people should know this.

Did this place change? I never got that memo.

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

Forgive me, for I have failed thee. Chop 1 was abysmal, chop 2 was decent but still a failure, I didn't chop for 3, let's see how no 4 goes. Razz

No worries brother David as this was for fun. You did not fail me sir.

Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:27 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Lord David wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

No worries brother David as this was for fun. You did not fail me sir.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

What? I'm actually surprised we're doing so well given the circumstances. It's not LD's fault. He had 2 good chops. They just weren't very well received.

Why are you doubting my sincerity? Evil or Very Mad That hurts!

why do you think we called ourselves the RedShirts anyway? you do know what that references right?

had I aspirations to actually win this thing we would have called ourselves the asskickers. Laughing
LD and I partnered up because we both love Sci-fi. I just wanted to have some fun Eve... so don't be a funsucker.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - TEAM CHOP '08 WEEK 3 SCORES: - Reply to topic