Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Has new ideas run it's course? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

stop all this talk about the speed chop and trial it on a upcoming day... soon!!!

Come on, lets get it done, announcments, code in place, lets see this in action!

bigbuck

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Remember there was talk too of some theme chopping?
I remember posting this as a source pic, but have never seen it come up for voting

dewdew

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Remember there was talk too of some theme chopping?
I remember posting this as a source pic, but have never seen it come up for voting

I think more theme chops would be nice too. Lets you use your creativity, without having a nose bleed for ideas.

I don't use the 30 days advantage....i'm too lazy....i have never preposted days ahead of a comp....Usually what i chop is either overdue..or due tommorrow. Confused So no big deal about the days or time limits.

I agree being creative is one of the things that makes a good chopper. Still you have to have something worth doing every now and then. There is Only so much you can do with the backside of a lenscap shot. Confused

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I like having 30 days, always have since it was introduced, saying that, recently it is very rare I chop miles ahead of time.

Infact I have been experimenting with not chopping until the comp opens to see how an entry can do hours after comp open time. Interesting results.

Anyways, sometimes I see a source a few weeks off and I begin a chop, or maybe get an idea that needs to be done there and then. I like having the option. Options are good Smile

dewdew

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Infact I have been experimenting with not chopping until the comp opens to see how an entry can do hours after comp open time. Interesting results.

Mine do about the same if i prepost or post-post. Shocked ...i guess it's called post-post. Laughing
If i spend 6 hours, or 6 minutes on the chop don't seem to matter either. Maybe if i start chopping the DEC 15 source now, i could make it to the top 3. NAHHHH...the site would just vote around it. Huh.. Who wants to watch that happen, after a month of waiting. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Has new ideas run it's course? - Reply to topic