Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - possible spam alart - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:00 am   Reply with quote         

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
splodge

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:46 am   Reply with quote         

we get 4,000 of them a month, atleast they're not spamming the forum any more

Hallcross Toots
A.G.L

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing they can make a spam invasion

arcaico

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

why would we need them for that splodge? we have the sk8terguy to do that for them!!! Instead of just PMing a mod, it's funnier to create a thread spamming about a spammer!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
splodge wrote:

why would we need them for that splodge? we have the sk8terguy to do that for them!!! Instead of just PMing a mod, it's funnier to create a thread spamming about a spammer!
i wasn't trying to spam rather bring forward the attention of a possible spammer i noticed it after clicking the profile and trying to its website which brought me to broken links... sure i could have pm'd a mod but it was faster to get ones attention by posting a thread about it then to idividually pm each mod... i was just looking out for the psc community

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
arcaico wrote:
splodge wrote:

i wasn't trying to spam rather bring forward the attention of a possible spammer i noticed it after clicking the profile and trying to its website which brought me to broken links... sure i could have pm'd a mod but it was faster to get ones attention by posting a thread about it then to idividually pm each mod... i was just looking out for the psc community
gif him the bart shriver tread Laughing Very Happy Surprised Laughing

splodge

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

i kid you not, go to this page,
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/memberlist.php
change ascending to descending > sort,
if someone gives me the BIG RED delete button i could delete them all if they dont post in a set number of days, or could this be done automaticly???
PS, dont click on any links, mostly ad's, some p0rn, some virus and trojans, mosty frustrated spambots

Hallcross Toots
Synthvet

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i kid you not, go to this page,
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/memberlist.php
change ascending to descending > sort,
if someone gives me the BIG RED delete button i could delete them all if they dont post in a set number of days, or could this be done automaticly???
PS, dont click on any links, mostly ad's, some p0rn, some virus and trojans, mosty frustrated spambots

agree...........I say delete away!!

I think it would look better if those on the member list have contributed something, even to a small degree........

if after say 6 months or a year....a new member has shown no activity.......they should be removed.

I just don't see how prospective new members can look at that list and see PSC as an active community, when 98% have never done anything............

* gives Blurk back the Acme 2000 soapbox *

splodge

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

i got my BIG RED BUTTON i'll start with inactive members posting spam web sites

Hallcross Toots

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

spam monkeys spring into action...
... I said SPRING INTO ACTION...
zzzZZZ...

Confused spam monkeys? is anyone home home HOME HOME )))))

Laughing

arcaico

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
arcaico wrote:
splodge wrote:

dude... point is... you wanted to call the mods attention about a POSSIBLE spammer that would POSSIBLY create a spam thread... and to do that you POSITIVELY created a thread, that is exactly what you wanted to avoid... it brought the attention of splodge, that can do nothing about it... it would be much more effective to PM billtv, that has delete powers and always read his PMs... you'd call the attention of the right mod AND would avoid an unnecessary thread (like the ones spam bots post)... in other words, you just did what you wanted to avoid... I'm just telling you there are the right ways to look out for the community...

edit: this message was posted before splodge announcing now he has the Big Red button... Wink

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReinMan

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge will now be CONTINUOUSLY playing with his BIG RED BUTTON.

I can't WAIT! Rolling Eyes Razz

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
arcaico wrote:
splodge wrote:

dude... point is... you wanted to call the mods attention about a POSSIBLE spammer that would POSSIBLY create a spam thread... and to do that you POSITIVELY created a thread, that is exactly what you wanted to avoid... it brought the attention of splodge, that can do nothing about it... it would be much more effective to PM billtv, that has delete powers and always read his PMs... you'd call the attention of the right mod AND would avoid an unnecessary thread (like the ones spam bots post)... in other words, you just did what you wanted to avoid... I'm just telling you there are the right ways to look out for the community...

edit: this message was posted before splodge announcing now he has the Big Red button... Wink
well i knew splodge couldn't do anything about it but was unsure of which mod has what powers to do what? so yet again i ment no harm by posting the tread and now as you mention billtvshow has that power so now i know... and knowings 1/2 the battle G.I.Joe Laughing

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

SPAM!!!

Tarmac

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Bombs away! Red Button them all Splodge!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - possible spam alart - Reply to topic