Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Worrying about our SoCal friends... - Reply to topic

cafn8d

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

In case you haven't heard, there are horrible fires in southern California, in Los Angeles county and surrounding areas. Hundreds of homes have been lost, and thousands of people have been evacuated. Even though the winds have died down today, more people are being urged to evacuate and flee from the flames. THANKFULLY, no deaths have been reported--hope THAT statistic holds steady! I know of several PSCers who live in or near the area. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Please, if you are at all able to, drop us a line to let us know how you're doing! Hug

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I will definately 2nd that Confused

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

The fires are about 5 miles from my house, but it looks like they're under control now. It was pretty scary being able to see the flames eat up the hillside in the distance, but I think Santa Barbara will survive.

My prayers go out to anyone on here who was more affected than I am. I know there were 100+ homes that were destroyed.

Tarmac

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

We're 20 miles south east of the Yorba Linda flames in Orange County. With two homes next to dry chaparral its been a sleepless 48 hours. It appears the fire storm we all experienced yesterday have dissipated into controllable brush fires for now, but that could change if the winds gust through the canyons again like they did on Saturday.

If you want to monitor all the fires in real time from a news helicopter's vantage point, Click Here.

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:47 am   Reply with quote         

I have family in Santa Barbara Confused but I think they are safe for now.

dewdew

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:04 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
If you want to monitor all the fires in real time from a news helicopter's vantage point

Shocked .....i clicked the link........i'm seeing this large amont of black space...and what seems to be a three small fires in the background.....then the camera pans to the left about 30 degrees, The zoom decreases and HOLY SHIT.... Shocked Shocked Shocked ....Those are not your garden variety marshmellow cooking fires....NO sir'REE. i start to notice those three small fires...are the top of a ridge....and in the valleys i see fire....on the multiple hillsides i see fire...The ridge next to the one with the three fires...IS on FIRE. I think i even see some fire ON FIRE.
DAMN, Tarmac....ughhh incase you have not noticed....THE WHOLE F*CK'N PLACE IS ON FIRE.....GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Huh..

Eve and Oscar live in Cali don't they?...Might wanna stop by and tell them to put the garden hose down... Doh! ....i don't believe that Hose is going to work...not even with the sprinkler on it. I say this not knowing what part they live in...but from the looks of the camera veiw the whole damn state is a-blaze. Please

Ya'll be careful out there. Cool

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

All's well in the Coachella Valley. My step-daughter saw plumes of smoke from the Corona fire on her way here from LA on Saturday.

Hax lives in Santa Barbara...hoping he's ok.

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

Wow, awsome pictures

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Worrying about our SoCal friends... - Reply to topic