Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Belated hallo! - Reply to topic

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:09 am   Reply with quote         

My name is Jack. I'm twenty-five. I'm also an expectant first-time father come June. I’m the sort that could spend all day doodling on shirts with Sharpes. Type that reads books and checks dictionary.com's word of the day. Kind that looks at design, breaks it down and is inspired by it within minutes. I’m at a very strange point in my life. It’s not one I wanted to be at. It’s not one that I ever thought I would be at. I just recently wrote the eulogy of my father and left a home I’ve been at for five years. I’m back at the one place I never wished to return... Baytown, Texas - home of Exxon. As for who I am? I don’t truly believe there is a label for me. I’ve checked all the hipster coffee-books but there just isn’t one. I collected comics when I was little. I loved movies as a teen. I’m pretty sound when it comes to pop culture. As long as my life has a soundtrack then I’m okay. I strive for the concerts. Music is my home. It’s the music that keeps me sane. Figured I'd do a little intro since I've got my feet wet here. I'm pretty much in awe of a lot of the work you guys do and I keep getting surprised every day. I'm glad to be among you guys.

nat_g31

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:20 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome Jack. Your work has been great and creative, keep it up. And remember, there are places a lot worse then Texas (although I can't think of any right now Laughing )

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
And remember, there are places a lot worse then Texas (although I can't think of any right now Laughing )

I don't know how true that is.

Tesore

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome home Wink

nat_g31

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:34 am   Reply with quote         

The Cowboys suck but at least you have this. . .

Cool

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
sonic3

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

Well Hi JC
You sound like a genuine nice guy, your work here is good and like us all we are looking to improve our skills here and have a good laugh in the process.
So welcome m8 and hope to see some great work from you.

TheShaman

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

Nice intro...

Welcome to our sanity Jack.

cafn8d

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome home, Jack. That's how you'll find PSC. Home. No matter where you are or what Life throws at you, you'll have a place here. And it'll keep getting more and more comfortable, like a favorite old easy chair your spouse keeps wanting to toss by the side of the road. Laughing You might even learn to type and chop with one hand while you take a turn holding and feeding the baby with your other hand. (Invest in a silicone keyboard cover now.) Wink

My condolences for the loss of your father. And congratulations for your expected child! It never rains but it pours, and I sympathize. I've lost both of my parents, and my first child is now 6 1/2 months old and cooing happily in my lap as I type. I could wax philosophic for pages and pages. But suffice it to say, once you are holding your new baby, and get that first early smile up at you --and you'll swear it is a smile and not just gas-- and get those impossibly tiny fingers to grasp the tip of your finger, you won't want to be anywhere else but that very spot at that very moment. Then you'll log on to PSC to tell us all about it. And several people will say "aww, that's nice" and you'll get another baby story or two, and finally someone will tell you to STFUAC (Shut...Up And Chop)

Yep. Welcome home. Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

I'll add a welcome also Jack, although my opinion of Texas is considerably higher than yours. But opinions are like . . . er . . . . opinions, everybody's got one.

I have enjoyed your chops ans certainly like your attitude.

Welcome. You seem a great addition to the site. Smile

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Welcome home Wink

Thank you kindly.

Really dig your 'Kitchen stuff' piece.

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
I'll add a welcome also Jack, although my opinion of Texas is considerably higher than yours. But opinions are like . . . er . . . . opinions, everybody's got one.

I have enjoyed your chops ans certainly like your attitude.

Welcome. You seem a great addition to the site. Smile

I will try to live up to that compliment.

Your 'Castaway's Hope' could have easily been a poster.

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Yep. Welcome home. Very Happy

Thank you so much. So far the work here has been good therapy.

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Welcome to our sanity Jack.

There needs to be a Cheshire cat peaking out somewhere.

jccrowder

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
...see some great work from you.

I'm certainly doing some mad brainstorming for the competitions coming up.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Belated hallo! - Reply to topic