Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Day Before Day Before Yesterdays Contest - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Designed2522

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Just wanted to have a happy venting session. It was my understanding that this was a free contest as in we could post anything that we wanted... but it seems asthough im not getting very many votes and I believe that the reason is that I did not use the checkerboard... is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Adam Collins

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 pm   Reply with quote         

im not understanding. where is the image we are supposed to use? it shows up as a white box, what am i supposed to do with a white box? lol

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Its much like the white contest we had a while back. You can post anything you want.

I'm not getting any votes either...
but then again... I didn't enter

some really good entries though. Kudos

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

When I uploaded the source, a free for all contest was what I had in mind. There was a question about this brought up a while ago, and that was clarified.

Some people used the source, and some didn't. I don't know what is going on with the votes because it's an anon comp.

Hopefully we can clear this up.

ReinMan

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I've got ZERO votes on MY entry!!! Evil or Very Mad

(oh. wait a minute... I DIDN'T enter anything. Huh..)

Designed2522

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
When I uploaded the source, a free for all contest was what I had in mind. There was a question about this brought up a while ago, and that was clarified.

Some people used the source, and some didn't. I don't know what is going on with the votes because it's an anon comp.

Hopefully we can clear this up.

Thanks for you feedback Tutor, that should clear up my venting!!! Very Happy

JORDAN792

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I have very few votes and no checkerboard in my image. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one cause I thought my entry was pretty nice

bneises

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

well its still early, people like to vote near the end...

dewdew

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Top Ten Reasons Why my work not getting votes:
1. it's anon
2. it's only been hours since the 3 day comp began.
3. no-one likes it.
4. no-one is voting yet.
5. It's all REINS fault...*(i'm going with this one)
6. it sucks !!!
7. Because you used the source.
8. Because you did not use the source.
9. It's a plot started by the C.I.A... Shocked(NEVER underestimate how far the goverment will go to PHUCK with you).
10.Who the hell knows??? ....this is PSC...it's like the Bermuda triangle of the net.

VOTES.... Argh ...REMEMBER: i sell my votes to the highest bidder. All sales are final, and refunds will not be given. Cool

mellowdesign

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

MIne doesn't use the checkerboard either - didn't even cross my mind...I went with what was in my imagination at the time.... it's anon so my few votes must reflect my entry...that's ok - such is life! Very Happy

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

The checkerboard image is supposed to be "representative" of a transparent layer in PS.So although you can see the checkerboard as the source image it actually represents something invisible Confused.This given ambiguity allows for greater freedom of expression as to how the source is to be assimilated into your final image.You can either interpret the checkerboard as substantial (because you can see it) and include it or parts of it in your final image,or you can interpret it as representative,thus being transparent and invisible for all intents and purposes and exempt from being visually manifest in your final image.In plain english this means you can do whatever the hell you want in this comp Laughing.As for the votes,we are now 9 hours into the comp.there are 42 entries and 288 votes.This means that the average entry should have roughly 7 votes (6.857 votes/entry).So if you have more than 7 votes you can consider that you are doing better than the mean .I hope this helps in clarifying the matter Razz Very Happy.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

i dont understand i have 22 votes and didnt us e the source Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
1. it's anon
2. it's only been hours since the 3 day comp began.
3. no-one likes it.
4. no-one is voting yet.
5. It's all REINS fault...*(i'm going with this one)
6. it sucks !!!
7. Because you used the source.
8. Because you did not use the source.
9. It's a plot started by the C.I.A... Shocked(NEVER underestimate how far the goverment will go to PHUCK with you).
10.Who the hell knows??? ....this is PSC...it's like the Bermuda triangle of the net.

VOTES.... Argh ...REMEMBER: i sell my votes to the highest bidder. All sales are final, and refunds will not be given. Cool
hahahahha great this one Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:

11: you are Dew^2

Designed2522

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
The checkerboard image is supposed to be "representative" of a transparent layer in PS.So although you can see the checkerboard as the source image it actually represents something invisible Confused.This given ambiguity allows for greater freedom of expression as to how the source is to be assimilated into your final image.You can either interpret the checkerboard as substantial (because you can see it) and include it or parts of it in your final image,or you can interpret it as representative,thus being transparent and invisible for all intents and purposes and exempt from being visually manifest in your final image.In plain english this means you can do whatever the hell you want in this comp Laughing.As for the votes,we are now 9 hours into the comp.there are 42 entries and 288 votes.This means that the average entry should have roughly 7 votes (6.857 votes/entry).So if you have more than 7 votes you can consider that you are doing better than the mean .I hope this helps in clarifying the matter Razz Very Happy.

LMAO Luxwiz your a f'n riot!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MADE MY DAY! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Day Before Day Before Yesterdays Contest - Reply to topic