Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - so, what you got? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:57 am   Reply with quote         

post pics of you or your kids presents... everyone wants to know what kinda shinny new gadgets you got. If you got socks or a new shirt that you'll never going to wear don't be ashamed.

I got a New shinny 50" inch ( my penis is bigger now ) plasma tv.

next to my xmas tree. Very Happy

anfa

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:07 am   Reply with quote         

I got loads of black socks! They go good with the shoes I've heard!Wink

jerryhami

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:31 am   Reply with quote         

I am hoping this thing will chop for me. It is so bad ass! Now I can us all the open gl crap with CS4 canvas rotate, 3d shit, super zoom. One of the coolest features is I do not need a password it has face recognition. It is so weird all I have to do is sit in front of the screen it sees ugly and logs on.

Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870 - CrossFireX ™ Enabled! 
Processor: Intel® Core™2 T9400 2.53GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB) 
Chassis: 17-Inch WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD (1200p) with Clearview Technology 
Keyboard Options: Illuminated Keyboard – Alienware Exclusive Design - Astral Blue 
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (64-bit Edition) with Service Pack 1 
Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner 
Memory: 4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB

System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 160GB 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) w/ Free Fall Protection 
Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) 
Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® Ultimate N 5300 a/b/g/Draft-N Mini-Card with MIMO Technology
The World's First 450 Mbps Wi-Fi Adapter! 
Sound Card : Internal High-Definition Audio with Surround Sound

dewdew

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:08 am   Reply with quote         

I got NOTHING...not even coal. All 3 kids came by for thier load of goodies...so i at least got to see them for a little while. They even had gifts for each other...but not Ol' dad. Confused

But i'm not bitter....PHUCK NO...Not me. Mad

blue_lurker

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

Mate like you I did not receive any gifts either but I got to have a great day with my kids and a semi great day with the in-laws and a semi-sorta great day with my family...and today I had a blast with old friends...(Even got to see my mates wife new bolt-on-boobie, they looked funny to round and stuff)

I digress
Its about enjoying what you have not what you get, and I know you still enjoyed ya self dew...I said you enjoyed ya self dewdew...LISTEN YOU DID ENJOY YA SELF OR SO HELP ME GOD... Laughing

Mir

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:13 am   Reply with quote         

I did not get anything either, but got to have a wonderful Christmas dinner with my brother and his family and both my sons being there with us! It was a wonderful time just like when they were kids again, laughing and playing games. I'm happy for what I got especially after the bad times we just went through recently. Boxing day we will spend with my sister and her family. We have a new baby in the family born Christmas eve to my husband's niece. So it was a nice Christmas, thank God.
YerPalAl

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

I got reunited with a bunch of old and am starting to meet a bunch of new friends here.

It doesn't get much better than that. Very Happy

pollyO

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

[img]
[/img]

Bought meself a Wacom Bamboo

cafn8d

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Oh, there are presents, wrapped and opened. There is enough stuff to fill another house. (We could barely fit the dogs in the car to come home, and the baby rode on the roof rack. Wink) But I got to spend Christmas with my exquisite baby girl, the best husband and daddy in the world, and his family who put the grand in grandparents! And we STILL get to have our own little Christmas, just the three of us (okay, the 12 of us since we gotta count the 4 dogs, 4 cats, and the guinea pig) later today. We're just letting Mr. Caf sleep in.

A bunch of stuff (from Grandma) we gotta make room for: Too expensive to contemplate.
Having 8 doting in-laws take turns with a fussing baby: Worth every minute.
Baby's first Christmas: Priceless.

ReinMan

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah... in truth I'm not INTERESTED in what STUFF you guys got over the holidays. (A: I reminds me of what I, like DewDew and others, DIDN'T get. B: Yay, some people got some more STUFF that will help them AVOID connecting with others on any REAL level C: I might be a BIT interested if you got PS CS4, but then it is probably stolen anyway... Huh.. )

I AM interested that you had a good time with friends and loved ones. I AM interested that you kept your DEBT LOAD within easy reach. I AM interested that you took some time to think about how you can better live your life in a way that does the least harm to others. I AM intersted (as previously alluded to) that you are thinking of making the move up to Photoshop CS4 Wink

I admit that I too suffer from STUFF WANTING SYNDROME. At least now, as I get older and dumber, I tend to only get STUFF that can be used for my artistic expression... so some might call the STUFF I'm getting "tools". I, though it has taken me a few seasons to make it easy to do, I have gotten off the SHOW YOU LOVE SOMEONE BY BUYING THEM SOMETHING train.

I now show people I love them by SPENDING QUALITY TIME with them. Listening to their stories of their lives and sharing my boring life with them. I call them LONG DISTANCE on MY PENNY and talk until we are both satisfied and feeling connected. I drop in and have a glass of wine with them, or BEER (in that case a glass or TWO! Very Happy). I might even post an overly-RIGHTEOUS entry in a thread on a FAVORITE website, hoping to deeper connect with many of my good friends there... Wink

I'm not trying to CRAP on your STUFF parade Logic/Jerry/etc., but I really think the time of TOO MUCH STUFF is coming to an end, and I fully support that.

I will now return BlueLurker's soapbox back to him (btw: Blue found the soapbox in the neighboring fruitmarket's dumpster - recycling, YAY!) and I do wish you all an AMAZING 2009 - and my wish is that you all deepen your friendships that mean something to you, get rid of the ones that try to drag you down, and that you find some place quiet and alive in yourselves that you can share with others.

reindeer

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

of course the best gift of all is the gift of family reunion, the warm and cozy house where everyone celebrates the holidays Very Happy

Everyone deserves a gift, so here is one from me.

ps... new years eve and new years are full of goodies too.

dewdew

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

o'k..o'k stop hitting me Blue....I ENJOYED MYSELF.........of course i have always enjoyed ME, Myself, and I. They are my 3 fav-o-rite people in the world. Cool

Ooh, and not having to see any in-laws or ex-wives was nothing but PURE JOY. Twisted Evil

Polly got a bamboo.... Cool cool.....you'll love it, with or without cs4. Smile

splodge

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

i got peace and good will for all man kind, who'd of thunk it after all these years

Hallcross Toots
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

We had a great day, managed to get all 4 kids together along with parents, etc.

This is what I got - a trip to the Hershey spa!

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
This is what I got - a trip to the Hershey spa!

er, um.... isn't that the GHEY spa?

(not that there would be anything WRONG with that - just seem like a waste of good Nancers though, if you ask me Huh.. )

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - so, what you got? - Reply to topic