Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Flat panel LCD TV help - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Luxwiz

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

I've had a 40" Sony Bravia with a PC multi media centre with internet connected for a couple of years now and no complaints at all.Exceptional quality and would recommend it highly.If you are looking for a 32" here's a list of places on the internet where you can get one for well under $1000.And seasons greetings to you Smile.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Sony+bravia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11137982925390431289&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&resnum=1&ct=result#ps-sellers

bigbuck

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

I think plasmas have a better refresh rate for fast moving stuff, but didn't think you can get 'em here under 40 odd inch. I have a 42" Panasonic that's very nice.
I also just bought my dad a 32" Samsung like Blurker's the other day. HD tuner and a sweet picture.
From what I have heard though, Bravias are the 'duck's nuts' (best Laughing )

bigbuck

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
Thanks all.
Some good stuff here.
LG and Samsung were at the top of my list so far. My in-laws have a Vizio that seems nice too.

I do like the setup you've got going on blue...was that under $1,000?

I paid about $960Aud for Dad's Samsung 32". That'd be under $700US I think...

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks again, everyone.
Lots of variables to consider here.
I think I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get on a nice Samsung. If it looks like I can get a nicer Bravia or even LG, I'll consider that too.

And that, my friends, is exactly the kind of advice I wanted to have.

Smile

Chris

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Hi, Rashdog,

I bought Mr. Caf a Samsung LCD flat panel TV for his birthday earlier this month. I don't know about after-Christmas prices, but Amazon.com beat Best Buy by a mile for price... I researched the LCD flat panel TVs, as many reviews as I could find (including Consumer Reports), and Samsung is consistently THE top rated brand. I would recommend springing for the 650 over the 550; the 120 MhZ technology really does make a difference in refresh rate. For further fun, I'd even recommend the 750 over the 650 for the dlna (Digital Living Network Alliance). The price point difference between the 650 and 750 shouldn't be very much. (It wasn't a month ago.) The 850 is ultra-slim and ultra-sweet. The 300 and 400 series are considerably less expensive but should still be quite excellent. I know you have a Best Buy gift card, but do shop around and compare. Then talk to the manager or someone with authority at your Best Buy and see if they can match other prices you find. (Shouldn't hurt to ask!) Smile

Oh... not all series are available in all sizes... I don't know which series are available in the 32" size. I do think you'll probably be very happy with any Samsung model, though!

I agree. My parents bought the 550 a few weeks ago. Really nice tv with a surprisingly nice remote. I'd also recommend anything above the 550 model, but I don't know if 120Mhz would justify the huge price difference for the 650 and 750. Don't get the 400 series though. I see it advertised everywhere, but it isn't a full HD tv.

Proc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Flat panel LCD TV help - Reply to topic