Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - For the Record... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Hello Eve, to respond with regards to the polling, it was easy, Proc wants to hold 2 H2H contests a year so we sorta needed to months, was not planned this way but I assure you if I had of done it the other way some would have had a go at me for not doing individual dates, to many PMs and bullshit later Im over it, so as far as I am concerned sort it out yourselves. Like you, I don't know why I bother either cause all ya get is grief.

With the rating system and voting I stopped voting ages ago because of members bullshit and self imposed egos to many people have sucked the fun out of this place, and Im fed up trying to make it fun again. If people want this to be a hit and miss affair who am I to say other wise....enjoy.

Fair enough, Blurker. None of my nonsense was intended to undermine your great work here. Hug
Who the hell are these ppl who pm you giving you grief?
I WANT NAMES, MISTER!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Who the hell are these ppl who pm you giving you grief? I WANT NAMES, MISTER!

Correct me if I'm wrong. And I realize you're probably kidding...
But doesn't PM mean PERSONAL or PRIVATE MESSAGE? Didn't people get banned recently for posting in forums Personal Messages being sent to them?
Rolling Eyes

I think I'm with Lurker, why bother voting, if all its going to do is cause drama round here.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Didn't people get banned recently for posting in forums Personal Messages being sent to them?
Rolling Eyes

no....really?

TheShaman wrote:
I think I'm with Lurker, why bother voting, if all its going to do is cause drama round here.

you call this drama? We're trying to do away with the rating system and start some annual comps...that's all.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . what have I missed during my sabatical? Sad

nat_g31

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Perhaps I am naive or oblivious? Confused Are that many of you that unhappy here??

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Synthvet

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
you call this drama? We're trying to do away with the rating system and start some annual comps...that's all.

really? I'm all for doing away with the rating system and doing annual comps. What are you on about here then?
Eve wrote:

Lastly, I'm tired of pettiness. Vote withholding and sighs of anguish... "why do I bother?"

Pettiness? Vote withholding? Anguish?
What are WE as a community gonna do about it?! I tell ya... NOTHING. What can we do? People can AND will vote how ever they like. IF they want to vote for every 3rd image on a full moon only when its Tuesday, they're gonna. IF they only want to vote for their buddies, they're gonna. Vote withholding because you don't like someone? Or because 'they never vote for me'? Or because they garnish enough votes already is childish, and yes, petty. Again, you should be voting for what you like or what you think is cool, not who you like or who strokes your ego more.

So what the hell does this have to do with the thread?
Nothing! That's what I was calling drama.

You know what... forget it. I'm not in a very good frame of mind right now, as I'm dealing with a death in the family today. AND I'm gonna end up saying something to you I'll soon regret. And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm coming down on you. I'm not trying to, I guess I'm just tired of endless cycle of drama that is PSC... Life's way too short for the B.S. and the drama.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Perhaps I am naive or oblivious? Confused Are that many of you that unhappy here??

I'm not! Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:

I'm not! Very Happy

neither am I Laughing

It is what it is.

FootFungas

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Personally, I could never see why people get so annoyed about the rating system.
I see it as kind of like those passing/kicking things in football halftime.
It lets people who aren't playing feel like theyre part of the community.
It doesn't affect the real game at all.
So, I don't see the drama about it.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Ratings:
It took monts before I even notised it was there.
And I seldom/never look at the scores. Only when people remind us here in the forum that it exist I MIGHT take a look.

If you ask me it is a vaste of serverspace Wink

Regarding voting, drama and idolism:
I vote for what I like, and as I said before on here, I leave the idolism and games for others Wink

sonic3

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont have a problem with the rating system either and i'm very happy here also.

However!
I dont think its fair that when 2 entries tie on votes that its the one that was entered first that wins.
It all seems a bit odd to me.

But hey if thats the rules then thats the rules i guess.......Or is it?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Personally, I could never see why people get so annoyed about the rating system.
I see it as kind of like those passing/kicking things in football halftime.
It lets people who aren't playing feel like theyre part of the community.
It doesn't affect the real game at all.
So, I don't see the drama about it.

The rating system's wrong because seldom, if ever, it's rated by non-members. It's a means to make someone's image look lesser...a put-down.

It does affect the real game when a handfull of ppl are singled out or someone's image is doing well then someone slaps a 2.0 rating on it. That's just not fun.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:

I dont think its fair that when 2 entries tie on votes that its the one that was entered first that wins.
It all seems a bit odd to me.

But hey if thats the rules then thats the rules i guess.......Or is it?

I'm pretty sure (and if I'm wrong please correct me) that it stems back to when this place didn't have advantage and it was a free for all. Of quick wits and fast chops. Everyone started when the bell rang and you chopped fast and furious. And the early bird gets the worm so-to-speak.

I and a few others have been trying to get a contest going for a "chop on the fly day" where everyone gets the source at the same time, say 8am PSC time. But with this being a global site now, it must be hard to get the ball rolling with all the different time zones and such.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
The rating system's wrong because seldom, if ever, it's rated by non-members. It's a means to make someone's image look lesser...a put-down.

It does affect the real game when a handfull of ppl are singled out or someone's image is doing well then someone slaps a 2.0 rating on it. That's just not fun.

agreed. I normally just look at it like a golf score now... If someone was petty enough to mark mine low...
Hey! I must have done a really good job! Laughing
I don't see it affecting the real contests though, since it doesn't go towards the tie breaker anymore (the main reason it was implemented to begin with) unless you take that carp to heart. But I do agree, it serves no purpose other than to degrade someones hard work.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - For the Record... - Reply to topic