Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - photographycontest.com, - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

i know we have a lot of photographers on this site, any of you enter any photography contests? i've googled them and there's a lot out there, in fact to many
looked at deviantart but there dont seem like much action in there, others have too much hapening one is running 40 contests at a time Shocked
i thought someone out there might have already found a good one running along the same lines as this site with daily/weekly contests with a theme, voting, comments and tips for a learner.
Not for me of cause i'm already too good, it's for the g/f, tina/hellg8 and her daughter

Hallcross Toots
jerryhami

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i know we have a lot of photographers on this site, any of you enter any photography contests? i've googled them and there's a lot out there, in fact to many
looked at deviantart but there dont seem like much action in there, others have too much hapening one is running 40 contests at a time Shocked
i thought someone out there might have already found a good one running along the same lines as this site with daily/weekly contests with a theme, voting, comments and tips for a learner.
Not for me of cause i'm already too good, it's for the g/f, tina/hellg8 and her daughter

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
If you build it they will come.

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="jerryhami"

If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
If you build it they will come.[/quote]
i was thinking the same thing, where's TutorMe???

fotovote.co.uk is available
photovotecontest.com is available

Hallcross Toots
jerryhami

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Well put something together,crunch the numbers and lets get this party started. If you want a silent partner or partner with little to say anyway.

cafn8d

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Very brief search, this one looks interesting. Weekly contest.
http://www.dpchallenge.com/

I'll edit and add to this post if I feel inclined to post any other links. Smile

tomcol6

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm up for that. I'm looking for a new camera at the moment. Just a compact one so I can take it everywhere. I'm thinking about the Canon G10. Any thoughts?

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

site is being built as a type this, TutorMe has the bit in his teath and he's off and running, bought the domain name fotocomp.org start coding next.
looking for sponsers and ideas, need members too Smile

Hallcross Toots
Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's a contest to shoot the beaver! Twisted Evil

http://hustler.com/beaverhunt/

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

7 running contests, starting mon, tues, weds ect, all running 7 days so we have a new contest and a new winner every day????

Hallcross Toots
jerryhami

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I am spread a Little thin right now with time. I have a week left in the Army Friday is my last day and there is a ton of stuff I have to do "paperwork and briefings" I am also going to school full time and in the middle of building my own website. After next week you have my undivided attention. I would love to sponsor you on this venture. Like I said crunch the numbers and let me know what you need from me. I can also be of assistance if you need help gathering prize sponsors. You can PM me or put it on here for the world to see.

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the offer jerryhami we will be in touch, so far it's paid for and being built, what we realy need is ideas, dont want to copy this site, no photo manip, just straight photography on a theme with tip's and hints, the sense of community like this site would be a nice thing to build,
truth is i know nothing about photography, i always give my camera to what ever girl friend i'm with Smile

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I like to be the first member Very Happy

Thema's sounds good! Maybe once a week an combination of photo & ps?!

Ask every new member what kind of camera they have... When you have 10 members (5 canon owners!), you can write Canon and say: half of our members use your Canon cameras and you don't lie! Wink

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

works for me Smile

Hallcross Toots
cafn8d

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Count me in. Smile I really enjoyed the Photo Walks DBBowling set up last year.

You might want to think about what rules you want and how you can enforce them. Like, "no manip" but what about "enhancing," post processing for color, fixing white balance, etc --masking and brightening a back-lit subject because you don't know how to use the external flash yet? Embarassed

If you get enough takers, you might also want to have more than one division: at least one for SLRs and another one for "point-and-shoot" (all-in-one) cameras.

Would you be offering on-site image storage? What about automatically resizing images to a standard size for display? Oh, gee, my mind is racing... I need to cut back on the coffee again. Wink But this sounds like fun! You'll have quite a bit to figure out for whatever rules, features, and voting system you want to put in place. How can I help?

splodge

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

i'll sleep on it, all will be clear in the morning, honest, i dream in code and sort so much out when i wake up

Hallcross Toots

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - photographycontest.com, - Reply to topic