Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Music Video Roll - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

bneises

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a couple of months now, and was wondering what ya'll thought about it...

I want to create a music video of an awesome song that is much like the scrolling "PSC Roll". A PSC collaboration effort that everyone puts a piece in that spreads out along a whole song.

The idea that I had in my head was to let people signup for sections of the song and piece them together (hopefully seamlessly).

The song that I had in mind was "Us And Them - Pink Floyd". The reason is because there is so much that you can take from the words to create awesome pictures throughout the song, but that's just me.

Let me know what you think and if there are better songs for such a project.

-Brandan

JORDAN792

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

great idea I'd love to see this work!

Tesore

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it's a great idea!
Let me know when/what I can do... and on what part of the song!

Really lovely idea Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a couple of months now, and was wondering what ya'll thought about it...

I want to create a music video of an awesome song that is much like the scrolling "PSC Roll". A PSC collaboration effort that everyone puts a piece in that spreads out along a whole song.

The idea that I had in my head was to let people signup for sections of the song and piece them together (hopefully seamlessly).

The song that I had in mind was "Us And Them - Pink Floyd". The reason is because there is so much that you can take from the words to create awesome pictures throughout the song, but that's just me.

-Brandan

Good idea, especially for those who hadn't yet landed at PSC during the first Roll Canvases. The implementation of such a project is what, I believe, led to the demise of the original scroll. It's a lot of work. If you're volunteering to piecing the works together, hosting it somewhere, etc, etc, I'd be happy to sign on. Smile

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

lovely idea...u can count on me

tomcol6

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:

-Brandan

What/where is the PSC Roll?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Oh. Very cool, like it!

bneises

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Sweet! I'm glad to see some interest... I know there were issues before with the PSCRoll and I'd like to minimize them as much as possible. I won't be working on an actual roll just the video portion of it. I plan on setting up an account somewhere to host the images online so we can see the process of each others work and the ability to update any fixes necessary.

I'll figure out the best way to split the song; seconds per image, size of image, total picture slots, and a way to distribute between volunteers, etc...

I'll be back when I get that all figured out. [Rides off on horseback into sunset...]

Tesore

Post Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

Mir

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 am   Reply with quote         

would love to have a go.

bneises

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

Ok, I looked into getting started with the song I wanted, "Us and Them - Pink Floyd" but there are a couple of problems I found with the song... Its too long(over 7 min), and it ends too abruptly(Like most pink floyd songs). I have another song I'd like to use "Fearless - Pink Floyd". It's just about 6 min long... but I think I can manage that. And has good beginnings and endings. I'll still keep looking though and prob put it to a vote later.

I want to use pink floyd for this project but if anyone else has a better idea, let me know...

Tesore

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

'Fearless' is a great name for this project Wink
Pink Floyd Bow

nat_g31

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
Ok, I looked into getting started with the song I wanted, "Us and Them - Pink Floyd" but there are a couple of problems I found with the song... Its too long(over 7 min), and it ends too abruptly(Like most pink floyd songs). I have another song I'd like to use "Fearless - Pink Floyd". It's just about 6 min long... but I think I can manage that. And has good beginnings and endings. I'll still keep looking though and prob put it to a vote later.

I want to use pink floyd for this project but if anyone else has a better idea, let me know...

Fearless is perfect, it describes you for taking something on this big Smile

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
bneises

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:

Fearless is perfect, it describes you for taking something on this big Smile

maybe this would have been a better choice if that were the case... Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Music Video Roll - Reply to topic