Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Inspiration! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ReyRey

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I come up with the first two things that I think of then scrap those and then try to come up with a third. If you go with the first ideas, they are usually the same as other peoples..
Shocked I guess that would make it even harder...ha? Laughing Laughing Oh well. That's what I do. If I can't think of a third, then I go with the first but try and make it as good as I can and then some. If that fails, add blood and /or lightning or bad water. Laughing

ReyRey

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Sometimes try Distort/Polarize. http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/134687/gold-record-all-source.html
See if it looks like anything. Try and look at the negative space. Example of Neg space:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/104302/demon.html
Try rebuilding the object with something else:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/138699/home-sweet-home.
Re-tell a classic story
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/96420/who-needs-a-heart.html

Go funny:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/84156/smokey.html
Just use the texture for effects or Create a still life:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/107468/dirty-diner.html

sonic3

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I think i need to look at different types of art, from fantasy to classic.
This should give me at least some knowledge and hopefully ideas may follow.

Thanks to everyone for thier tips.

At the moment i'm drunk, listening to classical music, squinting my eyes and playing with matches.
The smoke from my joint is getting in my eyes and my head hurts as blood is rushing to it from standing on it for far too long, i'm surrounded by photos of Orangutans with thier arms and heads cut off and i'm feeling a little sick now.

Thanks everyone!

Marco

Oh sorry, Glen

cafn8d

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's another method: Since you have Advantage, you can look at the calendar of thumbnails. Just look at the thumbnails. Enough details are lost in the thumbnail that you can't really make out what the picture IS, so you can imagine more what it MIGHT be... then open that source pic and imagine it how you viewed the thumbnail. Might lead to something now and then. Worked for me a few times. Wink

splodge

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

i realy enjoyed chopping the reuion pic, started chopping one idea and ended up with something totaly different, as usual.
moral of the story: start with any idea and build on it

Hallcross Toots
sonic3

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

The reunion pic i'm really stuck on, all ideas i think of are far beyond my abilities. But i'll enter something anyway, i'm not one to give up.

Hmmm

rockyjob

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
The reunion pic i'm really stuck on, all ideas i think of are far beyond my abilities. But i'll enter something anyway, i'm not one to give up.

Hmmm
yeh both reunion contest took me a long time to get an idea, and when I say long I mean long, like 5 hours, had to squeeze the creative juice out of me.Also managed to switch my avatar. Gonna be sore for a few days but my brain will start running again! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Good luck with the orangutang,Phew its relieving to have posted Laughing Twisted Evil

rockyjob

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

If you have good ideas dont be afraid to try them, Sometimes great results come out Smile EXPERIMENT!!!!! Cool

sonic3

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm
yeh both reunion contest took me a long time to get an idea, and when I say long I mean long, like 5 hours, had to squeeze the creative juice out of me.Also managed to switch my avatar. Gonna be sore for a few days but my brain will start running again! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Good luck with the orangutang,Phew its relieving to have posted Laughing Twisted Evil

Yeh its a tuff one this source, its not the best image in the world but i guess its up to us to do what we can, and thats what choppin is all about.

Either way a crap entry or not i will be part of it as PSC means alot to me at the mo so wont let it down by copping out.

Got a bit of time left to think of something. Idea Idea Idea

sonic3

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

If you have good ideas dont be afraid to try them, Sometimes great results come out Smile EXPERIMENT!!!!! Cool

Oh i do experiment alot, but i think i'm thinking too big for my abilities. I need to go back to basics and start again

rockyjob

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

Oh i do experiment alot, but i think i'm thinking too big for my abilities. I need to go back to basics and start again

Still, try it... Smile If you dont think its worthy of posting or don't like it, it's alright, you got nothign to lose Smile

sonic3

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

Still, try it... Smile If you dont think its worthy of posting or don't like it, it's alright, you got nothign to lose Smile

Thats very true.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. As they say in....in....in.... some place.

Thanks Rocky (Mr Job)

And everyone else who has given me advice

YOU GUYS ROCK!

cheers

rockyjob

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

Still, try it... Smile If you dont think its worthy of posting or don't like it, it's alright, you got nothing to lose Smile

Thats very true.

Thanks Rocky (Mr Job)

YOU GUYS ROCK!

cheers

heheheh mr. Job
Laughing Laughing
anytime Smile

sonic3

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hmmm

Still, try it... Smile If you dont think its worthy of posting or don't like it, it's alright, you got nothing to lose Smile

Thats very true.

Thanks Rocky (Mr Job)

YOU GUYS ROCK!

cheers

heheheh mr. Job
Laughing Laughing
anytime Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

But i do mean it guys, i appreciate it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Inspiration! - Reply to topic