Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who has ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
Eve wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm practicing EFT.

Even in So Cal, I am LMAO now.
thx eve and what are your impresion with EFT?? does it work?

Rolling Eyes = EFT? right?

Sarcasm

I've never heard of it before.

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
i just asked if there are people who had expercienced with EFT or QTouch, thats all i want to know thx anyway

The type of person willing to try this will always say they've had a positive outcome.
You'll never hear someone say, "I just tapped my earlobe for an hour and that sh*t aint working!"

To answer your question -
Most people on this site have had experience tapping a body part to relieve stress, and have achieved fabulous results.
EFT is just a few feet off the mark.
Keep at it.

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

thx badcop ,

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
candron wrote:
Eve wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm practicing EFT.

Even in So Cal, I am LMAO now.
thx eve and what are your impresion with EFT?? does it work?

Rolling Eyes = EFT? right?

Sarcasm

I've never heard of it before.
EFT emotional freedom techniques,

dewdew

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

EFT???? shit i was looking for "ANGER MANAGMENT"... because breathing deep and counting to ten is not helping much. Laughing

On this earth is provided for you, everything man needs to heal and flourish. (that don't mean they are FDA approved)

As far as some people "think" it works...so it does. What is wrong with that. The brain controls everything. Your body is a self-repairing machine. The biggest part of that machine being the brain. If it takes EFT or listening to "I AM NOT FAT" over and over at night on earphones to convience yourself that you can do it....then by all means ...roll with it. Most of the difficult things in life are 90% mental....10% physical.

Ooh and don't screw around and message the "DEATH TOUCH" spot....i don't think it actually kills you...but you may be doing a neat Christopher Reeves impersionation until you die. Twisted Evil (Chris Reeves... Twisted Evil ...i'm going to hell for that one.) Razz

glennhanna

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

I think it works for me on another level than you, but it has certainly brightened my day.

I have forwarded this video to all of my friends who have lost jobs in this crumbling economy and I'm sure it will brighten their days as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQsE4w4hAM&feature=related

Candron, there's nothing wrong with tapping on your left eyebrow for 40 minutes, but when someone at the retreat offers you a glass of purple Kool Aid, I beg you to say no.

Thanks for the video link BC. I watched that video 40 times, it really made me feel better, so good I took a picture of how happy I am.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

The Yogi Knows...(that his leg is stuck) Wink

Oscar

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
EFT emotional feedback techniques

uhh ohh I need some of those.

kinetic_be

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

EFT looks weird when you see it on video, I fully agree, but the thought behind it is to manipulate our brains to create different thinking patterns.
It won't create world peace, or fix the financial crisis, but does that mean it should be critisised?
DewDew made quite a good point there. Perhaps he's one of the few who took time to look what it's really about.

Nevertheless, Glennhanna's image was fun to see Smile

UntExp

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 am   Reply with quote         

Ken Shiro did the EFT and he's exploded after 3 days... so be carefull with that Laughing

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

*sigh*

BadCop - forgive me.

(TrueStory Warning)
I have some friends who are into EFT. I frickin HATED sitting with them in a public restaurant when they got a headache or something - they'd sit there tapping away and I'd go to the bathroom or something.

Now, only a few of you know this here, but I've had some "health issues" in the chronic pain area for years. I'm used to hurting everyday and, though I don't like it, get on with my life.

One day, after constant badgering to JUST TRY IT, I told my friend I'd do a one hour EFT session after which they were NEVER ALLOWED TO BRING IT UP AGAIN WITH ME.

Away we went. Amazing results. Yup. I spent the next few weeks with very little awareness of pain in my body.

Going through the experience I was able to understand a bit more about what was going on psychologically (SHOCKER ALERT: I've had some training in this area) and I have my theories. But what happened is I had a break from my "not so fun" situation, and that gave me time to recharge my batteries and attitude and come up with some more "permanent" solutions.

The sad truth is, I just didn't want to sit there and (quite literally) tap my brains out every time I had a mental or physical issue. That actually became more problematic than dealing with the pain issues. So I don't' really do it (the EFT) any more. Ironically enough, my friends rarely do it anymore either. This is a pattern I've noticed over the past 50 years or so of my somewhat dragged out life: even if we are given "miracle cures" they don't seem to stick around for long. Much like Multi-Level Marketing, they always crap out at some point and we are back to square one: Dealing With Our Life As It Is.

(Parable Warning!) But a LifeSaver only has to work for a few moments, hours at worst, and that time with a lifesaver can.... well, save a life. So if it helps you get through something... and doesn't hurt anyone else in the process, who am I to judge that?

Okay. That's my 2¢ on this. I'll go back to being the class clown now... reindeer

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
*sigh*

BadCop - forgive me.

(TrueStory Warning)
I have some friends who are into EFT. I frickin HATED sitting with them in a public restaurant when they got a headache or something - they'd sit there tapping away and I'd go to the bathroom or something.

Now, only a few of you know this here, but I've had some "health issues" in the chronic pain area for years. I'm used to hurting everyday and, though I don't like it, get on with my life.

One day, after constant badgering to JUST TRY IT, I told my friend I'd do a one hour EFT session after which they were NEVER ALLOWED TO BRING IT UP AGAIN WITH ME.

Away we went. Amazing results. Yup. I spent the next few weeks with very little awareness of pain in my body.

Going through the experience I was able to understand a bit more about what was going on psychologically (SHOCKER ALERT: I've had some training in this area) and I have my theories. But what happened is I had a break from my "not so fun" situation, and that gave me time to recharge my batteries and attitude and come up with some more "permanent" solutions.

The sad truth is, I just didn't want to sit there and (quite literally) tap my brains out every time I had a mental or physical issue. That actually became more problematic than dealing with the pain issues. So I don't' really do it (the EFT) any more. Ironically enough, my friends rarely do it anymore either. This is a pattern I've noticed over the past 50 years or so of my somewhat dragged out life: even if we are given "miracle cures" they don't seem to stick around for long. Much like Multi-Level Marketing, they always crap out at some point and we are back to square one: Dealing With Our Life As It Is.

(Parable Warning!) But a LifeSaver only has to work for a few moments, hours at worst, and that time with a lifesaver can.... well, save a life. So if it helps you get through something... and doesn't hurt anyone else in the process, who am I to judge that?

Okay. That's my 2¢ on this. I'll go back to being the class clown now... reindeer

thx for this positive story

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
This is a pattern I've noticed over the past 50 years or so of my somewhat dragged out life: even if we are given "miracle cures" they don't seem to stick around for long. Much like Multi-Level Marketing, they always crap out at some point and we are back to square one: Dealing With Our Life As It Is.

My mother has chronic pain and devotes a lot of her energy to seeking out alternative medicine.
Whether it's crystal therapy or aura cleansing, the placebo effect only lasts for a few days before she must find an alternative to the alternative.

I keep telling her to find someone with university degrees on their wall but she's only comfortable in the presence of wind chimes and incense.

In most cases this may be harmless, but when she convinced my father to substitute his prescribed cholesterol pills for garlic capsules, it nearly cost him his life.

And in the case of Candron's "Quantum Touch" -
This is a therapy that makes claims of treating illnesses such as cancer and AIDS through the power of distant energy.
No touching, no medicine. Just concentration.
Is this harmless? Who knows how many people have died by substituting this treatment for chemotherapy?

For anyone with a few minutes, I highly recommend this documentary about alternative medicine (watch all 5 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt6W7eJ_E0A&feature=related

Here's a particularly interesting snippet on homeopathy (something else my mother partakes in) that was a huge eye-opener for me and probably will be for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbLHii8M2A&feature=related

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
This is a pattern I've noticed over the past 50 years or so of my somewhat dragged out life: even if we are given "miracle cures" they don't seem to stick around for long. Much like Multi-Level Marketing, they always crap out at some point and we are back to square one: Dealing With Our Life As It Is.

My mother has chronic pain and devotes a lot of her energy to seeking out alternative medicine.
Whether it's crystal therapy or aura cleansing, the placebo effect only lasts for a few days before she must find an alternative to the alternative.

I keep telling her to find someone with university degrees on their wall but she's only comfortable in the presence of wind chimes and incense.

In most cases this may be harmless, but when she convinced my father to substitute his prescribed cholesterol pills for garlic capsules, it nearly cost him his life.

And in the case of Candron's "Quantum Touch" -
This is a therapy that makes claims of treating illnesses such as cancer and AIDS through the power of distant energy.
No touching, no medicine. Just concentration.
Is this harmless? Who knows how many people have died by substituting this treatment for chemotherapy?

For anyone with a few minutes, I highly recommend this documentary about alternative medicine (watch all 5 parts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt6W7eJ_E0A&feature=related

Here's a particularly interesting snippet on homeopathy (something else my mother partakes in) that was a huge eye-opener for me and probably will be for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbLHii8M2A&feature=related

I do get what you are saying - have had similar experiences with my friends and family. I am NOT condoning giving your life over to some OoogyBoogy SnakeOil Dude or Dudette. Just relating MY personal experience with this.

I would NEVER tell someone to give up control of their own health to ANY ONE INDIVIDUAL. In life altering matters, I really suggest MULTIPLE approaches in going for a win. Wink

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="badcop"]
ReinMan wrote:
This is a pattern I've noticed over the past 50 years or so of my

of course its wise to always fallow the dokters, but EFT and related therapies are more helpfull for mental disorders, ( in my believe ) Q Touch healing AIDS and havy stuff is for me also a big question, just as the work of hulda clark, but i also believe in our self healing system, ofcourse not for everybody this is working,but many alternative therapies can help to release stress and the pain it courses. i dont want to start a debate if EFT or other alternative therapies help?. I just asked if there are people here who really had experience with these therapies.
thx anyway for making your point every information is helpfull

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Who has ? - Reply to topic