Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - H2H REGISTRATION - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

A.G.L

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ok let me see if I got this right. We all get the source on Monday at 8 AM and we have two days to chop, so that means we have to post our entries till Wednesday and the chop may be above 250 KB. Did I get it right?

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

A.G.L wrote:
ok let me see if I got this right. We all get the source on Monday at 8 AM and we have two days to chop, so that means we have to post our entries till Wednesday and the chop may be above 250 KB. Did I get it right?

Pretty much. Here's a rundown.

1. Sign up
2. Next day post asking when H2H will start
3. Later the same day check the boards to find out when it starts
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for a couple weeks (until the start date is announced).
5. With the start announcement will be a posting announcing the matchups (the head-to-head part of head-to-head). Immediately begin to either bitch about who you're matched up against or gloat about your imminent victory (this step is mandatory)
6. Fret every day about the start of the tourney up to the night before.
7. Sleep like crap that night and try to convince yourself it's not nerves.
8. The day of the tourney starts be at your computer at 6:00 a.m. PSC time. Click tourney page refresh every 30 seconds until you get the source for the round
9. Freak out about the source (whine about it in the forums, again mandatory).
10. Chop your little heart out and post your entry within 48 hours.
11. Go to the forums and whine about the source. Inquire about the nature of blurker's loser lounge.
12. Log on on Wednesday at 6:00 a.m. and click refresh until the voting page comes up.
13. Vote for your opponent's chop (good form and it may be the only vote they get you know).
14. Fret about the results until posted
15. Victory dance or bitching. Depends on how your matchup went.
16. Repeat steps 7 through 15 for as many rounds as you last.
17. Spend the next 6-9 months asking when the next H2H is going to start. Laughing

cafn8d

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
I'm expecting to have a *lot* of home-time in the next several weeks -- I'm in! Twisted Evil

I just hope I lose-lose this time instead of "not-win-fast-enough" in a tie! Laughing Of course, if I WIN... or "win"... that'll be a first! Shocked

Can we read into this?
Shocked Laughing

Um... no... At least not me again... yet. Twisted Evil

But congratulations are in order for Mr. Caf... It's a kidney! Laughing

For anyone who thinks I'm kidding, I'm not! He got the call Sunday afternoon and had the transplant operation that evening. He is doing extremely well and is expected to be discharged on Friday! Mr. Green Of course, you'd know all this if you stopped in to AdvantaChat anytime recently. *eyes room* Wink

Anyway, except to bring him to doctor appointments, we're not going to be dong much gallivanting anytime soon... so the H2H has GREAT timing for me! Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 am   Reply with quote         

Finally. According to my past participation, this is the year where I make it to the final round and then lose. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
cafn8d wrote:
I'm expecting to have a *lot* of home-time in the next several weeks -- I'm in! Twisted Evil

I just hope I lose-lose this time instead of "not-win-fast-enough" in a tie! Laughing Of course, if I WIN... or "win"... that'll be a first! Shocked

Can we read into this?
Shocked Laughing

Um... no... At least not me again... yet. Twisted Evil

But congratulations are in order for Mr. Caf... It's a kidney! Laughing

For anyone who thinks I'm kidding, I'm not! He got the call Sunday afternoon and had the transplant operation that evening. He is doing extremely well and is expected to be discharged on Friday! Mr. Green Of course, you'd know all this if you stopped in to AdvantaChat anytime recently. *eyes room* Wink

Anyway, except to bring him to doctor appointments, we're not going to be dong much gallivanting anytime soon... so the H2H has GREAT timing for me! Very Happy

Great news Caf. And good health to your family and the newest addition.

supak0ma

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Finally. According to my past participation, this is the year where I make it to the final round and then lose. Laughing

my nemesis.....hello mason! Smile

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

my nemesis.....hello mason! Smile

Must remember, should the round 1 source be Monkeys or Bananas, the pic to submit would be Banana Go Kart Monkeys!

supak0ma

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

*bump*

Tesore

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I really hope that I can make time free for the final Raising Brow

I don't have enough time at all, but good sleeping time is good for nothing... I'm in Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oscar

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:

no this is the year I will not vote for my opponent... hence one vote ruined for me last year. Remember Mason?

cafn8d

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

no this is the year I will not vote for my opponent... hence one vote ruined for me last year. Remember Mason?

'Tis good sportsmanship to vote for your opponent. Your votes canceled each other out; that's the ideal, whatever else happens. I "lost" a tie last year, but I will still vote for my opponent. Even if it's Oscar. Wink Hug

rockyjob

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
A.G.L wrote:

1. Sign up
5. With the start announcement will be a posting announcing the matchups (the head-to-head part of head-to-head). Immediately begin to either bitch about who you're matched up against or gloat about your imminent victory (this step is mandatory)
8. The day of the tourney starts be at your computer at 6:00 a.m. PSC time. Click tourney page refresh every 30 seconds until you get the source for the round
11. Go to the forums and whine about the source. Inquire about the nature of blurker's loser lounge.
12. Log on on Wednesday at 6:00 a.m. and click refresh until the voting page comes up.
13. Vote for your opponent's chop (good form and it may be the only vote they get you know).
17. Spend the next 6-9 months asking when the next H2H is going to start. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing MODS MATCH ME UP WITH TOFU BOY 'ERE! heheheh just kidding tofu. Twisted Evil
Man If I hadn't voted for my oponent last year I would have done much better.. I would have lost by 29 votes instead of 30!!!!!!! Damn I was so stupid! Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

If I'm unable to post an image on time and am banned, am I banned for life or is there a time limit to the ban? (I work alot!) Confused

glennhanna

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

WHAT! Mason voted for you. If he hadn't, you would have lost by 2 votes.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
A.G.L wrote:

1. Sign up

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing MODS MATCH ME UP WITH TOFU BOY 'ERE! heheheh just kidding tofu. Twisted Evil
Man If I hadn't voted for my oponent last year I would have done much better.. I would have lost by 29 votes instead of 30!!!!!!! Damn I was so stupid! Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cool

I'll be ready for you next time! Razz Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - H2H REGISTRATION - Reply to topic