Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - help splodge? or anyone - Reply to topic

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

problem i bought canon ixus 980, yes i know to much pix, but the problem is when i make a video and load it to my laptop, the film opens in MVI and thats shity, because i need AVI to bring it to movie maker yes?
with the ixus 950 it went oke, never a problem, but with this little baby its all trouble
so any tips??
thx

sirenka

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not splodge but Smile ...
maybe you can use MVI to AVI converter :
http://www.10001downloads.com/s/MVI-TO-AVI-CONVERTOR-FREE.html
just a thought!

try program 'Stoik Video Converter'.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

sirenka wrote:
I'm not splodge but Smile ...
maybe you can use MVI to AVI converter :
http://www.10001downloads.com/s/MVI-TO-AVI-CONVERTOR-FREE.html
just a thought!
good idea, but why the ixus 950 did it in AVI and the 980 not???? so tell me that sweetcakes? Laughing btw how is live in africa for the moment Laughing Laughing

sirenka

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I moved away , I'm currently on Mars ! Mr. Green

splodge

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

i think sirenka has it covered, i'm not up on all the different formats, i'm a bit spoild, i can shove anything in to flash and come out with a great video. can you get a free version of ulead? did you get any softwear with the video cam?

Hallcross Toots

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:09 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i think sirenka has it covered, i'm not up on all the different formats, i'm a bit spoild, i can shove anything in to flash and come out with a great video. can you get a free version of ulead? did you get any softwear with the video cam?
yes zoombrowser from canon is the software and normaly it saves a video in AVI ?? i shall call the store today, thx anyway both for helping

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

Why dont these vid cam manufacturers wake the hell up. I've had a sony 40 GB hard drive handy cam for about 3 years and have used it maybe 4 times. The reason is that it encodes the video with DOLBY.

So yippee, you've got a hard drive cam. That must be so cool and easy to transfer your vids to PC cos you dont have to mess with firewire and tapes anymore...

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Every f*ck&n video (and some can be hundreds of megs big) needs to be brought into the Sony software and converted from DOLBY sound to normal MPEG. One at a fricken time.......ONE AT A FRICKEN TIME,,,,AAAAAAAArgh!!!!!!!

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it almost as much as that PSC comp with the dude's cyclist legs and his prominent weener....

Cant they bring out a cam that will let you select AVI as a recording format?

Or am i talking crap right here?

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:51 am   Reply with quote         

Drumstix71 wrote:
Why dont these vid cam manufacturers wake the hell up. I've had a sony 40 GB hard drive handy cam for about 3 years and have used it maybe 4 times. The reason is that it encodes the video with DOLBY.

So yippee, you've got a hard drive cam. That must be so cool and easy to transfer your vids to PC cos you dont have to mess with firewire and tapes anymore...

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Every f*ck&n video (and some can be hundreds of megs big) needs to be brought into the Sony software and converted from DOLBY sound to normal MPEG. One at a fricken time.......ONE AT A FRICKEN TIME,,,,AAAAAAAArgh!!!!!!!

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it almost as much as that PSC comp with the dude's cyclist legs and his prominent weener....

Cant they bring out a cam that will let you select AVI as a recording format?

Or am i talking crap right here?
the ixus 950 worked fine and gave always AVI, but the 950 is only 8 milj pix, maybe because the 980 is 14.7 milj pix this gives the problem, sofar i called a lot of shops nobody knows the answer, they all say convert it to AVI

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - help splodge? or anyone - Reply to topic