Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - graphix brackits - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

splodge

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 am   Reply with quote         

easier to search and follow graphix brackits,

one big chunk
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/H2H/Brackets/brackets.html

zoomified copy,
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/H2H/Brackets/bracketszoomified.html

i'll be too busy winning and doing the "at a glance"
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/H2H/H2H_2008/index.htm
page to up date the brackets, so i put the PSD is at the btm of the "one big chunck" page.
if someone wants to download, change the background, titles, and update the brackets feel free, you can host it or i will

i'm too good to you lot Smile

Hallcross Toots
glennhanna

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

Awesome, thank you!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

woooo Splodge for president of the universe Mr. Green

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in a space-y mood right now...

(click image to download the full-size image.)

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

that looks great mason, looks like you got the job of updating the graphix brackets Smile
the names are still in text format so just duplicate, delete the unwiners a respace, thanks Smile

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
that looks great mason, looks like you got the job of updating the graphix brackets Smile
the names are still in text format so just duplicate, delete the unwiners a respace, thanks Smile

Cool, ok Very Happy

To make it easier for me to update, and to do it more quickly, I have registered http://psc-h2h.com/ for everyone to use specifically for accessing the H2H bracket. It'll also be easier for everyone to remember if you want to check it without a link handy.

Here is a zoom-able version like Splodge's up above. http://psc-h2h.com/zoomify_brackets.html

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on the bracket layout or site features, please let me know. I'll be happy to modify it for better functionality.

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on the bracket layout or site features, please let me know. I'll be happy to modify it for better functionality.

I'm not evil anymore! cheers Laughing

I know it'd be a pain but how about extending the lines of the starting pairs so the line goes between the names? For my bad eyes it can be tough to follow the original pairings. Confused

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

I'm not evil anymore! cheers Laughing

I know it'd be a pain but how about extending the lines of the starting pairs so the line goes between the names? For my bad eyes it can be tough to follow the original pairings. Confused

I'll see what I can do. Smile I'm leaving for work right now, but I'll take care of it this evening.

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being 'i can see clearly now' and 10 being 'ah shit my eyes! i'm blind' where would you say you was tofu?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Ok, how does it look now? I dunno if that helps or not. If the background or other effects are too much, let me know, I'll tone them down a bit. It's more important to be legible than flashy.

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being 'i can see clearly now' and 10 being 'ah shit my eyes! i'm blind' where would you say you was tofu?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing

glennhanna

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

I love the theme. What if you added a row at the top that gave a Naval ranking to each round? Kinda like Star Trek. Each winner would rank up with a promotion. Something like:

1. Crewman
2. Ensign
3. Lieutenant
4. Lieutenant Commander
5. Commander
6. Captain
7. Commodore
8. Admiral

Or maybe this is too geeky, and you can come up with some other space-related ranking titles. How about Star Wars..... one side of the bracket could be the Rebel's, the other side could be the Evil Empire. Both sides would rank up to the highest position until the final battle, the Championship round with winner claiming victory of the entire galaxy.... I predict Emperor ReyRey would win. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know the rankings of Star Wars... Some other geek would know that.

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:48 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I love the theme. What if you added a row at the top that gave a Naval ranking to each round? Kinda like Star Trek. Each winner would rank up with a promotion. Something like:

1. Crewman
2. Ensign
3. Lieutenant
4. Lieutenant Commander
5. Commander
6. Captain
7. Commodore
8. Admiral

Or maybe this is too geeky, and you can come up with some other space-related ranking titles. How about Star Wars..... one side of the bracket could be the Rebel's, the other side could be the Evil Empire. Both sides would rank up to the highest position until the final battle, the Championship round with winner claiming victory of the entire galaxy.... I predict Emperor ReyRey would win. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't know the rankings of Star Wars... Some other geek would know that.

Heheh, that would be funny. Smile I personally wouldn't mind, it'd be fun, but I don't want to overload it with stuff, which might confuse newer members and enrage our older, far-sighted members. Wink According to my counter, only 6 different people have actually looked at it anyway, and only 2 have looked at it more than once, so I guess I'll cook something up, seeing as I am one of the couple people that might actually plan on looking at it again. Laughing

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's fine the way it is. Thanks for hosting it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - graphix brackits - Reply to topic