Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - For Reinman's next road trip (or your's) - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

I was worried whenever he would film while driving. Shocked That's dangerous!

I get a weekly eNewsletter from Instructables. Saw this item and immediately thought of our resident Canadian nutter. Laughing

http://www.instructables.com/id/Car_Dash_Camera_Mount/

ReinMan

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

a) that would take all the fun out of it

b) I use a Canon G10 camera in "movie mode", and since it has a very wide angle lens on it I actually don't look at the camera when I'm shooting in the car. I've been good at "shooting from the hip" for many years for candid photography, and I applied that technique when I was in the car. Whenever I did look at the camera it was always in my line of site facing forward. Kind of like a "heads-up" display on fighter jets.

c) my car is a stick shift model, so if the driving WAS, at any point, wacky - I had to put the camera down or else I'd stall out. I'm a dude. I HATE stalling out. So this fact actually kept me only using the camera when single handed driving was easy to do.

d) putting a 1 pound camera on my dash inside a HUGE SPONGE and then hoping it would not become a lethal projectile when my car starts doing flips in the ditch... now THAT is worrying! Shocked

e) I appreciate your caring for me, and the other drivers out there. I will attempt to be more SAFE in the future. (once again, for the sake of safety, art dies a little bit more... Sad )

f) I may appear to be a nutter but I actually DO enjoy and respect life and am actually conscious of the risks I give and take. Like, responding to this thread. Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

hallo now you are back, what do you think about the ixus 980 it has the same processor and pix 14.7 as the K10, the k10 is much bigger, but maybe better? do you have an opinion about this by experience, thx

seamusoisin

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Reinman in safe mode oxymoron of the day.
Never Change! Refreshing in this cookie cutter world.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
ReinMan

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:

Part of the trouble with being a professional clown is people think that you are not actually THINKING while you are clowning. You can usually tell the UNprofessional clowns from the PROfessional clowns. The unprofessional ones are the ones you'll find in the Emergency Ward. Wink

candron wrote:
hallo now you are back, what do you think about the ixus 980 it has the same processor and pix 14.7 as the K10, the k10 is much bigger, but maybe better? do you have an opinion about this by experience, thx

My "work" cameras are a Canon 5D mark II, and a Canon 50D. But my "fun" camera, and the one I do most of the videos on is a Canon G10. It is a 15 megPix camera (though I often dial it down to 10 megPIX) and can take very good videos. When I got home I reprocessed the videos I posted here WITHOUT all the compression and they look FABULOUS (except for my face on them, of course) on the TV. The G10 is bigger than the Ixus line, but it has pretty much every "pro" feature you could hope for, and it is built like a tank. It will fit in a medium sized pocket too, though I like to hang it out a car window at 70 miles per hour! ;D

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:

Part of the trouble with being a professional clown is people think that you are not actually THINKING while you are clowning. You can usually tell the UNprofessional clowns from the PROfessional clowns. The unprofessional ones are the ones you'll find in the Emergency Ward. Wink

candron wrote:

My "work" cameras are a Canon 5D mark II, and a Canon 50D. But my "fun" camera, and the one I do most of the videos on is a Canon G10. It is a 15 megPix camera (though I often dial it down to 10 megPIX) and can take very good videos. When I got home I reprocessed the videos I posted here WITHOUT all the compression and they look FABULOUS (except for my face on them, of course) on the TV. The G10 is bigger than the Ixus line, but it has pretty much every "pro" feature you could hope for, and it is built like a tank. It will fit in a medium sized pocket too, though I like to hang it out a car window at 70 miles per hour! ;D
thx for info

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - For Reinman's next road trip (or your's) - Reply to topic