Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop open image problem - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

blue_lurker

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks guys but I still have the same problem, any one else who runs CS2 have this problem.

Oh and Reindude I could not follow your help links I dont have the files in Adobe that they refer to, dont know if it is a Aussie thing or not but I check three other instalations of PS7, CS2 cs3 and CS4 and none have that pref folder you speak of, go figure huh.

jerryhami

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Thanks guys but I still have the same problem, any one else who runs CS2 have this problem.

Oh and Reindude I could not follow your help links I dont have the files in Adobe that they refer to, dont know if it is a Aussie thing or not but I check three other instalations of PS7, CS2 cs3 and CS4 and none have that pref folder you speak of, go figure huh.

After trying to reset pref did you open up any new images?
If not you will not have new recent items to open up.
just a thought.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah I did that as well mate.

Adobe got back to me with the explanation that it is a windows problem not an adobe problem then I got 2 pages of adds for CS$ and all the trimmings, they dont give a f*ck about fixing the problem and that pisses me off.

Not a big deal so Im just going to work around it.

ReinMan

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Hey Blue, you GOTTA have PS Preference file SOMEWHERE on your computer! Shocked

Hmmm... any of you windows folks that can give Blurker a File Name for that. On a MAC the folder is called ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS4 SETTINGS. And inside that folder the actual Preference file is called ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS4 PREFS.PSP.

I'm thinking you can do a SEARCH for the right file name, once you have it (since mine are MAC and CS4)?

ReinMan

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, the end-all-but-not-fun fix: uninstall PS and then REinstall it from scratch. Huh..

Heinlein

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Adobe is correct. It is a Windows problem. The open recent isn't there with either Photoshop CS2 and Indesign CS2 on a Windows machine. CS3 works fine.

On a MAC the open recent are there in CS2.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
Adobe is correct. It is a Windows problem. The open recent isn't there with either Photoshop CS2 and Indesign CS2 on a Windows machine. CS3 works fine.

On a MAC the open recent are there in CS2.

Um yes it is mate I have been using it for over 2 years on this machine with out a problem until the last adobe upgrade. Yes I own my copy of CS2, it is still in the drop down menu in PS only thing it does not do is open any recent listing, I even get the little hour glass but nothing happens. Every thing else happens and works fine Heinlein.

The response from Adobe was the same for three different problems I have had over the last year, I think it is automated if you are not using there latest program. Support from adobe is not known to be all that good.

Been thinking of getting CS3 fro a while, cant afford CS4 master just to darn expensive. Still any ideas would be great cause I have worn out my google finger looking. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop open image problem - Reply to topic