Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Make Some Coffee Art... or just look at mine! - Reply to topic

WhimSea

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:09 am   Reply with quote         

I found this this past weekend... kinda fun
Might give you some ideas for stuff on your entries too!

a couple fun arty things to do on the site dedicated to McDonald's new McCafé coffee drinks...

1. Make your own cappuccino art....
http://wakeuptowhatsnew.com/

Take a look at the art gallery I have several at the front - by christy, whimsea, KayliMeow & buckwheat.... but the cool thing is you can click on any design in the gallery, which bring it into a better view.... and then click "Play" and it actually shows you how the design was created.

To make your own art, click on the coffee and move the mouse (the creamer) around on the coffee to create creamery art. You can adjust the stream from thin to thick before you start your art, using the little milk froth slider to the left. You can take the creamer off the coffee to the right if you want to stop the flow.

You can practice by clearing the coffee with the the reset button, then when you get something you like, save to the gallery.

Once you get a design you like, you can click the "save to gallery" at the left. Leave a name (a screen name, nickname or whatever) and then an email address. Seems to be limited to 3 works of art per email address. It takes about 3 days to be notified that your art was saved into the gallery.

You can view the art gallery with the link below the milk froth button - WHICH you can adjust the froth line thin to thick. I didn't know this until I had saved 6 different pices of art.... thank goodness I have several email addresses! te he he

It wasn't until the 3rd email address for me to get some good designs! practice, practice, practice!

It sorta reminds me of some Photoshop deal, but not sure what - maybe the finger and the brush with flow adjusted?

AND

2. make coffee stain snowflake designs!

http://mccafesnowflakes.com/

you see paper being folded up and then you take your wet bottomed coffee cup and leave circles of coffee stains - you can stamp in the same place to make darker rings, or hold it down in place a while to make mushy circles.

You can check your design by clicking the unfold button, then go back if you want to add more, or clear the circles to start over.... You do seem to be limited to a number of stamps, in case you're going for a dark brown snowflake you might reach your limit earlier than other designs.

and again, you can save your designs like before, but names don't show up in the snowflake gallery so if you want to "keep" your design for your own memory, you'll have to take a screen shot to remember it.

HAVE FUN!

I'll be looking to see if anyone uses these ideas for entries!

WhimSea

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:15 am   Reply with quote         

show us a screen shot of your art if you try this out!

here's mine... they may not look difficult, but it's more challenging than I thought it would be. How do you like my kitty face? ha!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Make Some Coffee Art... or just look at mine! - Reply to topic