Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Look at it this way... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Your discontent and disappointment about how the H2H seemed to be handled this year is understandable.
The "dream team" coders are working on making it better. Mods are discussing how to better advertise next year's comp...

but.........

may I remind you all of how reading this on April 1st felt?
http://photoshopcontest.com/news/psc-news/2088/time-to-go.html

Give positive suggestions (some already have). While Round 1 may not have been what some of you expected, it will get better and maybe even PERFECT next year.
Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

There's only the Promo thing that has to be addressed.
Apart from people not knowing I see no other problem.

pakimo

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I like how the H2H are, and especially round 1. I won !!
And I enjoyed looking trough the entries and all the good work people have done.

Very Happy

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Proc "got over" good on that April fools post. Laughing Laughing
I would have given anything to see the faces on some members face when they first read it. I bet some smacked the screen off thier desk before knowing it was a joke. Laughing
Gives new meaning to "CLASSIC".

SUGGESTIONS:
Matching up names for round 1 should be matched according to RPP or something similar. Even PSCore or VPP....if it's still kept.

Claf vs Kopi is a good example of why. I am not going to post the numbers, So Just look at Clafs numbers, and then look at Kopi's. Shocked Now i'm not saying Kopi does not have the skills to defeat Claf....but i think it's highly unlikely it will happen.

So Kopis chance's of making Round 2 were "FAR LESS" than Clafs to begain with.

Claf vs REY....or someone with numbers closer to his own would be a more even for both.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

The problem with Pro vs pro and Nub vs Nub in first round is this...

It just puts off the problem until later in the comp, when it really matters.

Although some of the matches may not be fair, I don't think a Rey vs Claf in the first round is a good alternative.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

There's been some "surprises" over the years.

Janfet went pretty far last year. YAY, CHOP CHICK!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

my small suggestion for matching up for round 1 next time

Don't, do it randomly. It's the fairest of all

If you get a small one against a big one, well, sorry small one, but in the end you probably will end up against a big one anyway. And hey, since youre fighting a big one anyway, you might just do that extra little effort that you wouldn't have done if you were matched with an average opponent

Two big ones in round one? Hey wow, the contest is allready exciting to watch from day one

The use of weighing the pscores or whatever is just a sweetkeeper, but it makes the overal contests a bit dull.

anywayz, just saying...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

I got screwed Laughing

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

The idea behind the "brackets" if I remember correctly came from the NCAA Basketball Tournament (and the way most tournaments in sports are run). Teams are SEEDED for a reason.

How fair would it be to Claf and ReyRey to face one another in round one? One of the potential winners would be eliminated from the very start. Not a very interesting tournament at the end.

I once suggested (when jmh was still site owner) that we run two concurrent H2H's. One for Old Timers and One for Noobs, but everyone just ignored me, as usual.

I don't have a problem with the brackets at all. We have other issues that need to be resolved first.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Honestly, no matter how hard you try there is always going to be a no show, things happen. I was very close to being one myself, I had a hard time getting my image to work for me. I think I was just too tired, umph!

anfa

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Eve wrote:

I got screwed Laughing

You suck anyway so who gives a shit!!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Claf vs REY....or someone with numbers closer to his own would be a more even for both.

Remember the Team Comp? It forces ppl to match up without totalling over 100 pscore...a way to level the playing field, i.e. how fair would it be if Anfa and his sweetheart, Marco, teamed up for a 4 week comp, huh? Wink

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya know, I can feel the love here. Laughing Laughing Laughing

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I not thinkig PRO vs Pro.....or Noob vs Noob. I was more thinking along the Skill vs.Skill to move foward to round 2.
I just used Rey because i don't know anyone with numbers close to Claf. This is not about a Rey/Claf thing at all. Argh I understand that if you "eat your vitamins" and "say your prayers" , a noob could stage a UPSET. It's just getting to the next round should be something that is, as fair to Kopi, as it is to Claf.

In Brackets...the first pair-off starts with two similiar ranked teams. The best of the two moves foward. The game being Intresting has nothing to do with it. It's not really about the show...it's more so that in the end everyone, had the same...(or close)...Chance at being in the Championship.

Ooh....... and no NOOB/PRO segre'gation....ya'll keep that restricted to Chat. Cool Razz

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
dewdew wrote:

Remember the Team Comp? It forces ppl to match up without totalling over 100 pscore...a way to level the playing field, i.e. how fair would it be if Anfa and his sweetheart, Marco, teamed up for a 4 week comp, huh? Wink

Ahhhh the smell of Naplam. Wink...(edit) in the morning Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Look at it this way... - Reply to topic