Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - A diffrent layout for PSC - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with bigbuck....go back to 2006 layout and design.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
The layout I'm working on is about 98% done. It's based off of a layout Oscar posted a while back. The position of things is exactly the same. I am working on some improvements for the home page, but they would come later.

Oscar

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:59 am   Reply with quote         

Just so everyone knows and I mean you should know before posting worthless comments here, proc is actually going to make changes to the current design... as far as I know he is not looking for a complete overhaul but rather a color change with minor tweaks. He is taking a closer look at this thread to see where it goes regarding user input. So far we had only few users with actual serious ideas, please stop goofing off and step up your game. If I recall correctly the site has changed for the better in the past years so it's obvious the next step will make it better. I understand that there are users that would like to keep it like it is but you guys are forgetting that this site needs to make a profit ... now to be honest If I'm surfing for photoshop tutorials and I come to this place, looking at how poorly and boring it looks I would probably keep flicking pages and never join. Look what happen to worth1000, they had to update their design b/c it was boring as hell. Now, please carry on.

bigbuck

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

I wonder in this day and age with widescreen monitors and all, whether the powers that be would ever consider doing something.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Just so everyone knows and I mean you should know before posting worthless comments here, proc is actually going to make changes to the current design... as far as I know he is not looking for a complete overhaul but rather a color change with minor tweaks. He is taking a closer look at this thread to see where it goes regarding user input. So far we had only few users with actual serious ideas, please stop goofing off and step up your game. If I recall correctly the site has changed for the better in the past years so it's obvious the next step will make it better. I understand that there are users that would like to keep it like it is but you guys are forgetting that this site needs to make a profit ... now to be honest If I'm surfing for photoshop tutorials and I come to this place, looking at how poorly and boring it looks I would probably keep flicking pages and never join.

Im sorry but coming from you this just does not sit right with me. With your track record and all the shit stirring and the fact ya missed the H2h, excuse or not I don't think you have the best interest of all PSC members in mind, sorry if I judge you to harshly but my spider senses are tingling.

Oscar wrote:
now to be honest If I'm surfing for photoshop tutorials and I come to this place, looking at how poorly and boring it looks I would probably keep flicking pages and never join.

Man I had to do that sorry but it was there just askin to be pointed out.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:02 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Oscar wrote:
Just so everyone knows and I mean you should know before posting worthless comments here, proc is actually going to make changes to the current design... as far as I know he is not looking for a complete overhaul but rather a color change with minor tweaks. He is taking a closer look at this thread to see where it goes regarding user input. So far we had only few users with actual serious ideas, please stop goofing off and step up your game. If I recall correctly the site has changed for the better in the past years so it's obvious the next step will make it better. I understand that there are users that would like to keep it like it is but you guys are forgetting that this site needs to make a profit ... now to be honest If I'm surfing for photoshop tutorials and I come to this place, looking at how poorly and boring it looks I would probably keep flicking pages and never join.

Im sorry but coming from you this just does not sit right with me. With your track record and all the shit stirring and the fact ya missed the H2h, excuse or not I don't think you have the best interest of all PSC members in mind, sorry if I judge you to harshly but my spider senses are tingling.

Oscar wrote:
now to be honest If I'm surfing for photoshop tutorials and I come to this place, looking at how poorly and boring it looks I would probably keep flicking pages and never join.

Man I had to do that sorry but it was there just askin to be pointed out.

Blue, I'm gonna have to disagree here. Oscar has been working with me on coming up with layout ideas. I asked a couple others for help, and he was the only one who responded (at the time).

Now, it's late and I have to be up in about 4 hours to go out of town, so please forgive me if this sounds rude, but he has a point. I started a thread trying to get serious ideas, and it was filled with things that were less than helpful... I asked that we not used the thread for discussion, because we had this thread for that. Only DP and Jordan792 showed interest... Everyone else (again... no offense...) apparently got bored with reading and just started adding their comments. Usually that's not a problem, but I was kinda hoping that there could be ONE serious thread that didn't get thrown off-topic.

We are in the process of making changes to PSC. As of now my focus is on the color scheme. Physical layout changes will come later. When a million different ideas are being thrown around, it's hard to get anything done. I had decided a while ago to work on the color scheme, and I want to get that done before moving on to other things. It would be nice if we could put some of the other ideas on the back burner for now and all work together to make the new color scheme look the best that we can make it look.

supak0ma

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:11 am   Reply with quote         

i don't understand why there has to be a new color scheme, why beat a dead horse? i don't get it. What this site needs is a complete logical, structural and graphic overhaul.

cheers

bigbuck

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:23 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
i don't understand why there has to be a new color scheme, why beat a dead horse? i don't get it. What this site needs is a complete logical, structural and graphic overhaul.

cheers

+1

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

A couple months ago there were some ideas being talked about by different people. After making some other changes I decided to give the layout a shot. I got quite a bit done that first day, but I've been tweaking off and on since then.

I'm not hiding the fact that I don't think I'm capable of doing the full rewriting of the site. I figured I would do what I could. At the time, a lot of people were in agreement that a more relaxing/less painful for the eyes color scheme would be a good improvent.

After I posted what I'd been working on, people said they had wished they could have had an oportu ity to give ideas, so I gave them the oportunity.

supak0ma

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:10 am   Reply with quote         

i'm not criticizing the intentions, which are noble, but the purpose, whats the purpose? get some shades! Cool

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 am   Reply with quote         

I still like my header.

Wink

splodge

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:44 am   Reply with quote         

Vote For Splodge Smile

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:21 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Subliminal Message Vote

gravyboat

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
i'm not criticizing the intentions, which are noble, but the purpose, whats the purpose? get some shades! Cool

...and a clock. Razz

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am   Reply with quote         

nvm this, posted the message that was here somewhere else
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=243513&highlight=#243513

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - A diffrent layout for PSC - Reply to topic