Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - David vs Goliath - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

DaVinci

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

Alright, monday morning...round 3 of the H2H is about to start in a couple on hours! My question; how to beat ReyRey? Anyone? Question

Synthvet

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:
Alright, monday morning...round 3 of the H2H is about to start in a couple on hours! My question; how to beat ReyRey? Anyone? Question

by any chance, does God owe you a favor?

Laughing

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

Call his mom, and tell her he spit on your lunch. She'll probably ground him.

DaVinci

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
DaVinci wrote:

by any chance, does God owe you a favor?

Laughing

Uhm...I probarly owe him a favor Laughing

buglover

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

Easy thing! Just hack PSC, change yours and ReyReys id. Load up a creepy post and wait him to load up as well. Than change the ids right back to the original and boooom there you GO! Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Call his mom, and tell her he spit on your lunch. She'll probably ground him.

But...but...I like my lunch with some spittle! :shapetool:

Tesore

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

You need a catapult!

Pssssttt: send him every hour a nice url >>> boobies, lots of boobies! (So he don't have time to chop).

Angel

DaVinci

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
Easy thing! Just hack PSC, change yours and ReyReys id. Load up a creepy post and wait him to load up as well. Than change the ids right back to the original and boooom there you GO! Very Happy

Or I log in with his account and post a crappy pic...you can not edit your entry! thanks buglover, that might work muahahha (<-- evil laugh) Twisted Evil

DaVinci

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

You need a catapult!

Pssssttt: send him every hour a nice url >>> boobies, lots of boobies! (So he don't have time to chop).

Angel

Ha, you mean boobies like the big fella on the photo?? Shocked Laughing

supak0ma

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:48 am   Reply with quote         

just give it your best shot, even rey can choke!

glennhanna

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:

ReyRey not only does an amazing job in his execution, the real beauty comes from the stories told in his images. When you see the source, spend a good time thinking of a clever story. Most of us focus on one subject and submit a picture of a "thing". You'll need to copy ReyRey's approach in my opinion.... and beat him at his own game. If you come up with a single subject for the main source, come up with a story for that source as if you were writing a book. How did the subject get to where it is, why is it there, who else is affected by the subject or who is affected by the subject. Conflict and resolution. Think of Cause and Effect.
I love the Shaman's "The Pickup", which is a great example of this approach. http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150870/display.html
After you think of a good story, execute it to the best of your ability and make touch ups until you run into the deadline. Try to focus on light direction and shadows, and do your best to make these properties consistent. I always find shadow flaws in my chops, but usually too late to make changes, so if you can plan this aspect early in the chop, you don't have to worry so much about there being flaws at the end.
Good Luck!

Tesore

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Ha, you mean boobies like the big fella on the photo??

NO! Rolling Eyes

glennhanna

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Here's another method.... PM ReyRey, and tell him how sorry you are, but you will not be able to submit an entry this round due to an emergency that just came up, so he shouldn't need to waste much time with his entry.

Then.... spend all 48 hours on your chop and submit the best work you've done to date.

Synthvet

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Quote:
Ha, you mean boobies like the big fella on the photo??

NO! Rolling Eyes

Laughing

DaVinci

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:03 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
DaVinci wrote:

ReyRey not only does an amazing job in his execution, the real beauty comes from the stories told in his images. When you see the source, spend a good time thinking of a clever story. Most of us focus on one subject and submit a picture of a "thing". You'll need to copy ReyRey's approach in my opinion.... and beat him at his own game. If you come up with a single subject for the main source, come up with a story for that source as if you were writing a book. How did the subject get to where it is, why is it there, who else is affected by the subject or who is affected by the subject. Conflict and resolution. Think of Cause and Effect.
I love the Shaman's "The Pickup", which is a great example of this approach. http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/150870/display.html
After you think of a good story, execute it to the best of your ability and make touch ups until you run into the deadline. Try to focus on light direction and shadows, and do your best to make these properties consistent. I always find shadow flaws in my chops, but usually too late to make changes, so if you can plan this aspect early in the chop, you don't have to worry so much about there being flaws at the end.
Good Luck!

Thanks GH, that's a good tip! But the hard part of the H2H is that you can not enter a title or write a lil comment on your entry to explain it! But yes story telling entries are the best! I will give it my best shot...I really hope the source pic is helping me!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - David vs Goliath - Reply to topic