Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H round 4 vacancy ... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

bigbuck

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 am   Reply with quote         

You'd think that if the 'powers that be' are not around, then the mods should have the required privileges to sort this. It's turned into quite a joke this H2H.

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
You'd think that if the 'powers that be' are not around, then the mods should have the required privileges to sort this. It's turned into quite a joke this H2H.
8 minutes 2 entries to post

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
bigbuck wrote:

I don't ever remember no-shows in Round 4. Holy cow, I hope those 2 show up!

Confused

Edit: YAY everyone made it!!

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
candron wrote:
bigbuck wrote:

I don't ever remember no-shows in Round 4. Holy c

Confused

Edit: YAY everyone made it!!
edovan is a ll white snow

mikey

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Do we need this thread anymore?

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Do we need this thread anymore?

Dude, keep it to PMs. Why would you say something like that right in front of the thread?! You know it already has self-worth issues, now it's probably going to go try and jump off a bridge again. Huh..

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         

It never wanted to jump off of that bridge in the first place. It was merely a cry for attention. The thread will get over it's self-worth issues eventualy. It just needs time. If we treat it like a child it will never be able to function on it's own.

Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

I don't think it's a joke at all!

Confusion over when the comp was to begin. An easy fix!

Seems like everyone got soured on the comp with the 20+ no shows in Round 1. Doesn't mean it won't happen again, but stronger measures can be put into place to ensure that those who signed up early plan to submit an image.

Re: substitution...I don't understand why anyone would oppose it. If someone can't chop and states that in a forum, why can't someone else fill the spot? And the most likely candidate would be someone who took the most votes but came in 2nd.

Thank you, Procyon, Supakoma and Billtvshow for pulling this together. And Splodge for putting the images together on his site.

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:40 am   Reply with quote         

nvm why do I even care lol

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Oscar"]this is turning into a show... it doesn't matter who you up against or if the guy is a no show. If you chop and he bails than you win as simple as that. If someone says they can shop than the other wins and moves on. Why give second chances to someone who has already have one and lost? you lost and that's it . If you want a second chance wait till the next H2H and make sure you are going to be able to make it trough all the rounds.

Dear Oxcar,
Hey, I love to SHOP...but if someone states they can't compete....for whatever reason...what's wrong with filling the slot with a sub?

Dear EVE... this is creepy how you can post under my name. Makes me wonder if you are outside my house stalking me... anyways filling a spot with someone who already has had a chance is unfair for the rest. I say once you lose you lose.

I am outside your house...so beware Evil or Very Mad

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 am   Reply with quote         

The comp itself is not a joke, but if we are going to have these 'replacements' then SOMEONE needs to be around to take care of them or the mods need the privileges required to make changes.
As it happens, the only reason Gran got is entry up was that Desh happened to be around to post the PM'd entry. NOTE: it's still under Desh's name in the contest page, and people who aren't around much won't know there has been a change. It could have just as easily gone to crap, like when Arc jumped in late last round.
For something that is supposed to be a major event around here, it just seems very shoddy and disorganised to me.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

agree with Brad, things are a little bitty at times, but all the people involved are trying hard to sort it for the next H2H, so fair play.

However, if you lose, I do agree that that should be it, if subs are needed at any point, they should be the ones that missed out on the enire comp.

anfa

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

However, if you lose, I do agree that that should be it, if subs are needed at any point, they should be the ones that missed out on the enire comp.

Even that has its problems. If that rule applied to every round, you could have someone coming in in the final round and winning the whole thing with 1 chop!

jerryhami

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

There have been a few good suggestions for how to make this fair. I say that before the next H2H that a more detailed set of rules are put into place.
As of the current contest a presedence was set by allowing the biggest loser to take a no show position in round 1. Which is fine as long as we have rules that discuss timeline and in the event of a tie, ect...I am glad Deshone let the comminity know of his situation has soon as he could. By doing so we were able to work things out.
Well maybe his name is still on the contest instead of Granulated.

This reminds me of children playing Monopoly, making up rules as they go.

This is the only H2H rules that I could find.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Anfa understands.

Jerry...nobody's making up rules as we go along. Last H2H Mightybeet sub'd for someone who couldn't chop.

And I think you meant there was a sub in Round 2 or 3. There were no subbing in Round 1...just massive no-shows.

There are no losers in the H2H...just 2nd placers. Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H round 4 vacancy ... - Reply to topic