Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Round 5 in Review - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReyRey

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

1) favorite?
2) biggest surprise?
3) favorite match?
4) other comments?

1. Not sure. Netwels had the Wow factor. Anfa's and
Jerico's were great ideas and perfectly executed.
2. The fact that I am still here
3. Anfa and Jerico
4. I saw comments in chat that I did not try very hard..
Not true. I did tons of work, just not obvious at first site.
I also hand created all the vines.I removed the old hose and pump and re created one from scratch. I rebuilt the front of the pump and took the tree from in front of it and put it inside the pump.
I also opened the inside of the pump up more to show more of the inside and I created the inside parts which you can't even see in that small version that we get to see. (Damn it) I created cracked paint on the wall which you also can not see. Evil or Very Mad But Yes, I did a lot of work and I thought the idea was pretty cool. I did think that I lost because Netwels image was (BAM!!!) in your face cool. It had it's issues but it was such a dynamic image, I figured I was done for. I got lucky. Thanks for the votes ya'll. I'm glad you took time to look closer. Wink

pakimo

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

My fav was jerryhami, with Claf on second. Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
3. Anfa and Jerico
did anfa replace Claf?

splodge

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
anfa

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
3. Anfa and Jerico
did anfa replace Claf?

If I did it's the first I've heard about it!! Laughing

nat_g31

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

Before I begin let me just say. . .

Comments like:

"Dont really like either. This one tells more of a story"

or

I dislike both entries. Especially for a quarter-final in the H2H..

are really rude and inappropriate. Life threw my competitor and myself curve balls and we couldn't put our full heart into this round. Mr. Dewking is expecting his first child any minute (if they didn't already have it), and I had virus that wiped out my entire computer and had to drive 30 minutes just to throw together a last minute 2 hour effort. Needless to say we had other things to worry about other then the h2h. I think these kind of mean spirited comments are unnecessary and really bring down the spirit of this place. If you don't like either entry just STFU and don't vote.

Congrats to my competitor for moving on and for his new arrival. My goal was to get past round one for my first h2h and I have no shame losing to a great chopper like Dewking. I thank all of you who supported me along the way with nice and positive comments, votes, and PM's and for those who say crap like "this one sucked less"-- you can suck the fart out of my ass

Laughing

Anyway, back to business. . .

1) favorite? I really like the chop by Claf, his work is always so funny and clean.
2) biggest surprise? Arc. . .
3) favorite match? Rey Rey vs. Netwel
4) other comments? Good luck to all of you in the next round!!!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
...1. Not sure. Netwels had the Wow factor. Anfa's and
3. Anfa and Jerico

I don't know if I have to take it like a compliment or an insult... scratch clown

ReyRey

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
...1. Not sure. Netwels had the Wow factor. Anfa's and
3. Anfa and Jerico

I don't know if I have to take it like a compliment or an insult... scratch clown

The secret is out. Shocked Sorry anfa. Everyone knows your alias now. Laughing
Sorry. I slipped. I'm just used to Anfa still being in.
You guys are almost the same anyways. You both have 4 letters in your name and you both suck at PS. Simple mistake. So leave me alone! Twisted Evil Wink

ReyRey

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:

2) biggest surprise? Arc. . .

How many times does he have to get beat before you are not surprised? Laughing

kinetic_be

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:04 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Before I begin let me just say. . .

Comments like:

"Dont really like either. This one tells more of a story"

or

I dislike both entries. Especially for a quarter-final in the H2H..

are really rude and inappropriate.

So what would you like me to say then? 'Oh, very nice. I like it' ?
Why would I lie? Is it so bad to give critisism? I'm giving critisism on the images, not on the authors.
I disliked both images, period. If it were images for a first or 2nd H2H-round, it would have been different, but this is just not what I'm used to see in a quarter-final of a H2H.
I'm not going to excuse for this... I just said my thoughts about the IMAGES. Deal with it.

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

do we have a bad day? KB Very Happy for me anfa's entrie rocked, euhhhhhhhh sorry claf's Laughing the handle on the gas pomp did it for me Very Happy
sorry that 4 good choppers have to go, but 4 go on , and i am very curious for round 6, good luck all

kinetic_be

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
do we have a bad day? KB Very Happy for me anfa's entrie rocked, euhhhhhhhh sorry claf's Laughing the handle on the gas pomp did it for me Very Happy
sorry that 4 good choppers have to go, but 4 go on , and i am very curious for round 6, good luck all

No, not at all... But I find it wrong that giving critisism on an image is taken as an insult.
Claiming that comments like mine take the spirit away... I disagree.
There's room anymore for critisism it seems.
We're talking about art, right?

Maybe I could have said it different, that's true.
If it were a regular contest, I wouldn't have voted, but the H2H requires one of both to go trough so I voted for the one I found the better one of the two.

ReyRey

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
candron wrote:

No, not at all... But I find it wrong that giving critisism on an image is taken as an insult.

If it were a regular contest, I wouldn't have voted, but the H2H requires one of both to go trough so I voted for the one I found the better one of the two.

I think you are both right
You didn't like the art so you said so.
They didn't like the comment and they said so.(Sounds like a chopperdome challenge to me Twisted Evil )
Your even.
Next.
Wink Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

1) favorite?
I think jerryhaml

2) biggest surprise?
The disparity in votes in the jerryhami vs arcaico contest

3) favorite match?
jerico vs Claf

4) other comments?
Always count your change before leaving the box office

nat_g31

Post Fri May 08, 2009 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
candron wrote:

You know KB, you've always been one of the more stand up choppers on this site. I don't mind criticism at all, not one bit, in fact I welcome it (ask goat). But to work on an entry and hear about how shitty it is is just not helpful. You think me or Dew didn't realize we had flaws in our entries??? I think considering all things I was happy to even post. If you want to PM after you vote against me and the contest is over and give me constructive help, well please feel free.
we can't all chop as perfect as you. Besides, I already know all the things that I needed to fix but it's not possible in the time frame I had.

Over it? I was over it long ago. It's the comments I hear along the way about everyone's work that's getting to me. Perhaps you remember all the crap mason and jericho got last round?

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H Round 5 in Review - Reply to topic