Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - 2 questions - Reply to topic

ReyRey

Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

1.) Can we make it so that we can edit our H2H entries? (after the contest is over, of course)

2.) Does anyone have a picture of Jerry 717 that we can chop for his family?

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

my answers
1. Dont think thats fair if its the image that wins or looses I would rather see the original image than an updated shit hot you cant see why they lost image.

2. Yes I have a very nice photo of Jerry and Peggy but not sure if I should post it. This was raised in chat and the consensus was that Jerry had done a few images for his family before and a lot of us thought that we could not do an image justice. Im still open to the idea myself, yet have a conflict if Peggy would want the image on line so to speak.

kinetic_be

Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

If you would edit your H2H image, and correct things which would make it look twice as good, wouldn't that confuse people who would check out the images in a while from now (who never saw the original one) and wonder why it didn't win? Smile

Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
If you would edit your H2H image, and correct things which would make it look twice as good, wouldn't that confuse people who would check out the images in a while from now (who never saw the original one) and wonder why it didn't win? Smile

same reasoning could be applied on the normal contests (in wich case edits are possible)

just saying, not forming a opinion here

Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

same reasoning could be applied on the normal contests (in wich case edits are possible)

just saying, not forming a opinion here

Yes but the H2h is a big deal around here, a lot of people that dont enter normal contests make the effort and lets face it, there has always been conflict on people updating there normal contest images.

H2h is a special feature unique to this site and I think we should keep it open and honest, updating a wining or loosing entry changes the rules for the h2h about no editing once posted.

sirenka

Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
1.) Can we make it so that we can edit our H2H entries? (after the contest is over, of course)

Maybe if there is an option to upload an edited image as additional image and the original contest image to stay so the people can compare them and see the differences and errors.
And of course comments about what parts were edited and improved.

Post Sat May 16, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

OK I see the point here about H2H.

But I think about something else.
Why we can't hide our H2H images in our portfolio.
A chop isn't good just because it was in the H2H.
In my case I like to hide all the crap I made before... I just want to keep the images which deserve to be in my portfolio.

Question

Granulated

Post Sat May 16, 2009 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sure Rey is joking

ScionShade

Post Sat May 16, 2009 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Claf. It would be better for us all if we didn't have to see his crap.
Like that other guy says. Am I mental?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - 2 questions - Reply to topic