Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - "PHOTOWALK" Extended to Monday @Noon - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Oh man. i can;'t believe I stepped through the alarm clock this morning. I was all worked up all week about getting shots of the shuttle going up for the Photowalk. Confused
I'm hoping Paul got some.
Tesore, I can't get into your album.

Confused
Guest password: Photowalk ???

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Not working for me either Tesore... Sad Tried Photowalk

Only took 1 picture so far... a warm-up if you will. Razz

sonic3

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

The password worked for me, you must make sure the 'P' is a capitol.
The weather here today was surprisingly good, and not at all what was forecast.
So i managed to get out to Bickton gardens, and got some nice flower photos and some duck photos from the lake.
Tomorrow i may see if i can get down to the coast, and visit some of the small fishing villages.

Happy Snapping Smile

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I make the account Public, try again please:

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss132/Tesore_13/

delia

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

My favorites from today are below. My birthday is tomorrow and we have a full day planned, so I don't think there will be any more than these ones from me.

I took 110 pictures today as we drove well up into Northern NY, into the high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. I pared that down to 32 that I uploaded to my photobucket, and these nine that I am showing here. Feel free to visit my photobucket if you want to see the rest... The link to my album is: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/deliandave/

First, we stopped and picked a few quarts of strawberries. Then, my husband pulled over and chased a wild turkey (trying to catch it) to amuse the kids, I can only assume. We headed northward to Lake Champlain for some fishing (where my 3 year old fell in the lake not once, but twice). Then, we headed home. We ended up 100 miles north of home, so our total round trip was quite a bit more than 200 miles....

Oh, coming back to edit to mention these are straight out of the camera, no cropping or editing done to them as yet....

One of our strawberries:

A look in the rear view mirror:

Common Map Turtle that was crossing the road:

Osprey with its babies in a nest atop a power pole:

Forget what this rock is called. They are all over the shores of Lake Champlain. The limestone type deposits erode out of the centers of them. They usually float, even some as big as basketballs can float...

A rock I found with a perfect hole down through it. I thought it was pretty cool visually to have the rocks/shells under it in focus rather than the rock itself. In my bucket is a version with the rock in focus instead.

Freight train that passed us by as we were fishing:

Last car of the train:

Wild columbine that my hubby found at the lake shore

http://www.track4va.com

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 am   Reply with quote         

Ack, add me to the list, I am taking some photos :S

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:30 am   Reply with quote         

Well here we go Im not good at this create a photofile thing so I'm just going to put it here in thumb links, click the thumbnail and it will take you to a hi-res image. None of these images have been PS or touched up in any software, its all raw images.

I started very late in the day just after 1pm to tell the truth, it had been raining for most of the morning but cleared up around midday. So I fed the cat, watered my plants and took my wife out to a late lunch on the swan river.

Had a nice lunch of fisherman's platter and fresh baked nutty bread t the Red Herring, a nice fish restaurant right on the SwanRiver. Yummmm.

After lunch went for a walk along the Swan River some of the locals dropped in to say hello...

Whilst others just ignored us completely and enjoyed the waning sun.

We had a nice stroll along the river bank enjoying the smells and the sites. We even came across a Famous Fremantle Boy. That is Bon Scott, he was lead singer for ac/dc that likeness was painted on the support of Fremantle Bridge, a Place I was told he liked to sit and have a few cold ones with his mates. (R.I.P.)

After a nice coffee on the banks of the river we headed up to the beach. This time of year we have a couple of pelicans that frequent our beach and I have always wanted to get some photos of them.

All of a sudden there was a shadow that passed me over head...

I was so happy that at least one Pelican showed up, we named him Bob a good strong Pelican name. Bob landed near the fisherman wharf so we headed in that direction. With the sun sinking lower I was a little worried about usable light.

That was a young fisherman showing me how happy he was to be out in then fresh air and just enjoying himself. Bob was now trawling around the Jetty checking things out, a local Cormorant watching him with interest.

Then all of a sudden there was a flurry of feathers and splashing of water and I captured this sequence of photos....

It was all over in seconds and I looked around and I was the only person who witnessed the entire event, so glad I was there with my camera. We sat down then and watched as the sun slowly started to quench it self out in the briny deep.

And the it was going.....going.....gone.

Well Ihope you have enjoyed my little Photowalk, as much as I did. I am so happy with my pelican photos. Thanks Db once again I had a great time. see you guys next time K

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Some wonderful photos deliandave.
Looks like you and the family had a great day trip.
Nice job.

sirenka

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/sonic3_album/Photowalk%2009/

This is my album, me and my partner spent all weekend traveling around Devon and Somerset.
We have been to some great places and seen some great things, so i hope you enjoy my photos as much as i enjoyed taking them. Smile

splodge

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

the album is locked sonic, OK open now, some titles would be nice Smile

Hallcross Toots
sonic3

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Try again Smile

splodge

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

love that cottage in the keep wall, is that Glastonburry tor i saw too?

Hallcross Toots
sirenka

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
Try again Smile

WOW, I love your photos, when I look at them I am ashamed of mine Crying or Very sad

sonic3

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
love that cottage in the keep wall, is that Glastonburry tor i saw too?

Yeh went to Glastonbury today, really nice place.
Never been there before.
The House is in a small village called Stogursey, in Somerset also, its called the 'Moat House' and is built in the ruins of a castle, the only way into the house is across the bridge as the mote goes all the way around.
I believe you can rent it out.

Nice for photos Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - "PHOTOWALK" Extended to Monday @Noon - Reply to topic