Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

arcaico

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I invite each and every one of you smokers out there to join me in this crusade.

Today I took my first pill of Champix (Chantix in the US). Hopefully, in 10 days I'll quit smoking, and in three months, I won't even know what it was to light a cigarette.

If any of you want to quit smoking the easy way, here's the pfizer hotsite for it.

http://www.chantix.com/

I'm aware bs used it and succeeded. And pretty soon that will make us two.

Cheers.
arc

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nat_g31

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh great. . . Arc is going to be even more moody! Laughing

Yes, good luck arc!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
ReyRey

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Good luck. Be careful of the side effects of that med..
I've seen it F%$#@ some people up. Shocked
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/85069/smoke-yourself-to-death.html

splodge

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Champix didn't work for me and i tryed it twice.
dont sit there waiting for the urge to go away, Champix dont start working until you actualy stop (or so they say)

Hallcross Toots
dannyboyuk09

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
I invite each and every one of you smokers out there to join me in this crusade.

Today I took my first pill of Champix (Chantix in the US). Hopefully, in 10 days I'll quit smoking, and in three months, I won't even know what it was to light a cigarette.

If any of you want to quit smoking the easy way, here's the pfizer hotsite for it.

Cheers.
arc

Exactly 1 year 3 months and 4 days ago. I took my first champix tablet... aprox 5 days later I smoked my last cig and man di I drain that mutha lol. The next day I was a nightmare, cranky and horrible. The next day I was fine and every day since I have REAPED the benefits of not smoking. And the biggest thing was the smell. I noticed that (even though we never smoked in the house) my kids wardrobes would smell of stale smoke... OMG did I send my kids to school smelling like that??

I have not smoked since (except a cigar at Christmas) and I don't even miss it.

I used to smoke about 20- 30 per day. I now smell delicious and my kids got to school smelling of clean washing not stale smoke!!

Go for it, you'll be glad you did.

Plus with Champix if you smoke afterwards you'll barf ya guts up big style!! Smile

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

<i>ScionShade said: <i> TheShaman said: Good luck with that, I mean it. If it doesn't work, try the patch. I'll be smoke free for the past 7 years in 2 weeks thanks to it.

<i> arcaico said: This is oficially day 1 for my crusade on quitting smoke. Took my first Pfizer Champix pill today. In 10 days I may not know the taste of cigarettes anymore. </i> </i>
I just signed up for a p[rogram. It's lozenges. The patch didn't work for me. What is totasl BS is they don't cover the pills like Arc is doing. It's BS because Florida is the state that beat the tobacco companies in court, and got 5 BILLION dollars from them, and they don't provide 'the good stuff'.
What utter bullshit.
Chantix would cost me between 3 and 6 hundred. I don't have spare cash for that right now. </i>

Best of hopes for ya Arc.

TheShaman

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

As an ex-smoker of nearly 7 years, I applaud you arc. Good luck to you sir.

It ain't gonna be easy, but then again, what in life is?

Cheers!

xademart

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't believe in pills like that but anyway good luck guys Smile

I just quit smoking for the xxx time but I'm 100% sure that with next project and big stress will start again. Well... in cases like that smoking saves lives - otherwise I would be a serial killer Smile

ReyRey

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Cheers.
arc

Maybe you should give up raping cartoon game characters first and then quit smoking.?

janetdog

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Quitting is easiest when you've had it with coughing, choking, and spitting up nasty brown crap in the morning. It has to be something you want to do. Not something someone is telling you to do. The whole mentality of smoking is screw cancer and death, I've been warned and I don't care. I'm a rebel.

I've quit twice. First time for 4 years and second time for 28 months. Maybe I felt I had more reasons not to be a rebel then.

Good luck Arc. Hope you make it. BTW, Cold Turkey is the way. Just stop doing it and get it over with. Cheating only prolongs the 30 days or so it takes to break the habit.

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Cheers.
arc

Good luck Arc! I quit 11 years 5 month and 22 days ago! And boy am I glad. So do whatever it takes! You will benefit in so many ways. (Probably the most usless habit on planet earth if you think about it! Suck smoke in and blow it out for no apparent reason other that watching the smoke! Laughing )

splodge

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

i forgot to mention, good luck to you anyway, dont let my failier put you off.
PS, while typing this my friend from next door just walked in with one of those artificial cigretts,
http://www.nicorette.co.uk/Inhalator/?gclid=CP-_1piw0JoCFQMFZgodbgo62Q
says it's working great so far

Hallcross Toots
janetdog

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
<i>ScionShade said: . What is totasl BS is they don't cover the pills like Arc is doing. It's BS because Florida is the state that beat the tobacco companies in court, and got 5 BILLION dollars from them, and they don't provide 'the good stuff'.
What utter bullshit.
Chantix would cost me between 3 and 6 hundred. I don't have spare cash for that right now. </i>

Florida wasn't the only ones with their hand out. I'd sure like to know where the money went. I'm pretty sure it didn't go towards healthcare.

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I quite roughly 6 years ago, did the Nicorette route. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am overjoyed I did it.

Good luck man, you will feel better about yourself once you quite.

And may those tobacco corporation suits that lied through their teeth telling the senate that cigarettes are not habit forming rot in hell for their lies.

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Indeed I did quit with Chantix 2 years ago. It does have some side effects, but all I mainly had were vivid dreams and some stomach aches. A small price to pay to be tobacco free in my book.

Good luck Arc! Cool

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Quit smoking crusade - Reply to topic