Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Here are the ice layers - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.box.net/shared/dx15nn0bb2
here are the layered files for my frozen fisherman image.
Claf you made some comments about it looking more realistic, If you want to screw with the layers and post it I'm sure people would like to see it. Wink

ReinMan

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Pah!

You've had three days to rig this up.

The depths you'll go to cover up the fact that you used a simple WalMart purchased ICE FILTER in your attempt to win a contest here that YOU set up in the first place - unbeLIEVEable! Rolling Eyes

OFF TO THE HOUSE OF SHAME WITH YOU!

(everyone else- ignore that link! It only goes to an out of date Venezuelan Pron site crawling with VIRUSES and nipples...)

Sjitske

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

aaaaaaaaaah yes this is clearly filter work.... Razz Wink

p.s. thanks!

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

Embarassed OK. I confess. I am ashamed. Crying or Very sad

I will now beat myself with a wet noodle.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Claf you made some comments about it looking more realistic, If you want to screw with the layers and post it I'm sure people would like to see it. Wink

That's an excellent idea! Very Happy
I'll play on it... it can be helpful... and also an excellent exercise for me. See you later... Smile

ReinMan

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Laughing Twisted Evil

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

C'mon Rey... Everyone knows that 3rd party filters go at the bottom where the digimarc filters are...

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

C'mon Rey... Everyone knows that 3rd party filters go at the bottom where the digimarc filters are...

I wouldn't know... That is the first time I ever opened up the filters menu. Shocked Cool Laughing

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in the middle of something... but I think it needs some few hours. Realism needs to pay attention to so many little details... it takes time. I just show the direction of what I think can bring more realism... but now it's maybe turning too flat... some highlights maybe have to come back brighter... I don't know at this point.
All the nice details were there on your file RR. I just played with layer masks & adjusting opacity of layers or changing blending modes... Smile

Is it good to send layers file?

arcaico

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I'm in the middle of something... but I think it needs some few hours. Realism needs to pay attention to so many little details... it takes time. I just show the direction of what I think can bring more realism... but now it's maybe turning too flat... some highlights maybe have to come back brighter... I don't know at this point.
All the nice details were there on your file RR. I just played with layer masks & adjusting opacity of layers or changing blending modes... Smile

Is it good to send layers file?

now THAT is realistic ice... great work Claf!

Rey... why donīt ya watch and learn? This is much better than yer crappy filter ice... pffft

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Sjitske

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

very subtle but already a good update!
layers is even better Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Very nice Claf. I like it. There are many different stages of ice and different kinds. Some ice is frosty, some cloudy, some crystal clear. I still like my ice. I think it was done well. I like yours too. I just think they look like different stages of ice. Your's looks a little more melted and not as thick so you can see more of the boat shape which is nice. I think my ice looks colder. They are both good depictions of ice. I just think different versions. Wink Maybe you should download my filter. It's at Walmart.com Wink
Layered files would be nice. Wink

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks RR! Smile
BTW very nice details you made and nice way to do it.
This is the kind of work that need to come back on some details few & few times. I think to make it very realistic can take like 20 to 40 hours.

The layers file: http://rwc2.webcargo.net/webcargo/d.php?x=805278-sCyCUpVGAEGluO8lqb

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes. True. It's tough when you don't really have the reference in front of you. There is a lot of guessing and trying different things. Somethings that you know to be correct just don't look nice so you leave them out and sometimes things that you know would not happen just looks nice so you leave it. This could have really been simplified and still gotten the idea of ice across but I wanted to try and get as many cool icy things as possible. Air pockets, sun glares, Harsh highlights, frosted parts, dripping, cracks, etc. I did it all in 4 hours in one day. I just wanted to get a chop done. But I was very happy with it. Not much of a story but I was more interested in the ice. So I added the bird to give it a little humor. I'm glad people liked it. I think people should chop with this in mind. Don't try to impress anyone else. Impress yourself. Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Thanks RR! Smile
BTW very nice details you made and nice way to do it.
This is the kind of work that need to come back on some details few & few times. I think to make it very realistic can take like 20 to 40 hours.

The layers file: http://rwc2.webcargo.net/webcargo/d.php?x=805278-sCyCUpVGAEGluO8lqb

How much do you pay for that site. How large can the files be? I have to shrink mine down to 10mb

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Here are the ice layers - Reply to topic