Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Site Events - Voice Your Opinion (part 1) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

*Edit* The survey that was created as a result of this thread can be taken at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=QudfTdwKaYkcL_2bo2bUZxdw_3d_3d

Original thread starter:
I'm one of the dinosaurs here. H2H's, Reunion Contests and Scavenger Hunts were borne of the members' ideas. They were typically posted in Fun and Games Forum or on message boards (pre-forum days). Everyone just played them and trash talked. The original H2H's were actually by invitation only, and I believe 16 to start was the norm. I was not picked to be in the H2H, and I suffered great E-trauma because of it.Yes, I walked uphill both ways to school. Wink

All that said, we do acknowledge that the site has grown, and that these events have become more than forum/chat games. Multiple threads have been started to express opinions on how these events could be run better. As a mod, it's impossible to read 7 threads, each with 1,394 posts about how the H2H should be run better, especially since 653 of the posts in that thread are bashing Rey Rey....or are really irrelevant. Laughing

As a result, I felt it would be a good thing to create some type of online survey to seriously take a poll of the users on how we can improve the organization of these events and how they are advertised and played out. I asked the other mods, and they agreed. I have some sample questions from them, but more importantly, I need them from you!

That said, this forum thread is being created as my information gathering for creating the survey. Please post any questions here that you feel should be included on the survey regarding:

H2H
Reunion Contests
(Let's start with two.)

As much as I love the banter we all engage in, I ask that for this topic, you make an attempt to keep this thread focused on real questions for the survey. I have a delete button, you know...

Someone else could start another thread for "Fake Questions for nancers Survey" if they are tempted to post an I think this would be a funny question .

Also, no one is allowed to say Splodge Rocks here. This is the Pink Bow Thread. Wink

Thanks in advance for your input. We want to make these former games into more-official events, due to member demand.[/url]

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers rox, dont say you never saw that coming, we need proc to hand over the control of the site to the guys who care, not me, the other guys who care

Hallcross Toots
jerryhami

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I would like to address the H2H Contest.
I almost missed out because there was never really a date set.
I followed the instructions on registration and just waited.
I just happened to see something in a thread tipping me off that it had started.
Then it took me awhile to even find the H2H contest.
The main thing that would have helped here would have been a simple email stating when and how to enter.

Thank you for this thread I feel if it is taken serious it will add a lot of great changes to our beloved site.

Jerry

cafn8d

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Great start to a great idea, Nancers! A couple of questions about your search for questions, please: (1) So you want questions that would lead to suggestions and not actual suggestions in this thread? (2) Is there a particular format you need to have the questions, ie: Y/N, multiple choice (how many options), or fill-in-the-blank? (3) Nancers Rocks! Oh, sorry, that wasn't a question. (Nope. No question about that!)

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Jerry

You spanked me in round two but went on to GREAT GLORY, so now I love you, despite the fact that you can't follow directions. I can't chop, I give directions. You can chop, you can't follow directions. Wink

Can you rephrase your thoughts above to be "questions" for the survey? I'm thinking:

"Would you like a date set for the H2H?"
"How many times a year should an H2H be held?"
"Registration information should be sent out via" (drop down menu")
"Do you think H2H contest information should be posted on the home page?"
"I think that to register for the H2H we should" (another drop down menu, including things like Post in Forum, have a link to click to do an online registration, Email jerryhami)

Please know I'm not being critical of your response (which had all valid points) but for my information gathering purpose here, I want questions, as that is how I will create the survey.

And splodge already misbehaved, and I edited.

Yes, I'm a former teacher and a mom. Carry on!

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, Starbucks!
The tool I'm thinking I'll use to design the survey lends itself best to Yes/No and Multiple Choice/Drop down questions. That way when the data is collected, I have a clear % of what is most important to members.

I would also be willing to do rating scales, i.e. What is the most important to you on a scale of 1 - 5, as that data is also easily collected an sorted.

I want to include comments, but in all honesty, its a PITA to sort out comments, so I'd prefer to add one "Additional comments" field at the end. Kind of one massive FORUM GRIPE. Wink

Not that the forum gripe wouldn't be taken seriously, at least it would all be collected in one place!

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Was suggest many times in the past by many memebrs so will put it up again.

Just have a small group of mods or members as an entertainment committee they don't run the contests but advertise and inform members times dates and rules if needed. That way if you are running a contest your not bogged down with 30 to 40 pms about rules and problems and why you think it should run like this...and why cant I do it this way...its not fair...um sorry back on target now. Embarassed

One thing with the H2H is it need clarity with regards to rules.

P.S.
Scavhunt starts this Friday Boys and Girls

Some links from the poll fro the last H2H start dates Nancers and some good suggestions if your interested.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11163
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11164
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11274

jerryhami

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Jerry

You spanked me in round two but went on to GREAT GLORY, so now I love you, despite the fact that you can't follow directions. I can't chop, I give directions. You can chop, you can't follow directions. Wink

Can you rephrase your thoughts above to be "questions" for the survey? I'm thinking:

"Would you like a date set for the H2H?"
"How many times a year should an H2H be held?"
"Registration information should be sent out via" (drop down menu")
"Do you think H2H contest information should be posted on the home page?"
"I think that to register for the H2H we should" (another drop down menu, including things like Post in Forum, have a link to click to do an online registration, Email jerryhami)

Please know I'm not being critical of your response (which had all valid points) but for my information gathering purpose here, I want questions, as that is how I will create the survey.

And splodge already misbehaved, and I edited.

Yes, I'm a former teacher and a mom. Carry on!

Sorry
Question #1
Can you send out emails with relevant information to those who have entered a contest.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, I'm not being clear.

Questions are to be directed at the entire community, not the mods.

Yay jerrihami for being the first to respond. He's the Jerriiguineapig right now, thank you for putting that neck right out there!

Questions should be directed to the general population re: H2H and Reunion Contest.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok so its what Questions we, the members would like to have asked in a poll about the H2H and reunion Contest?

So

H2h
1. Should "No Shows" in the H2H be replaced with losing members from the previous round.

2. If yes to above. Should Highest score or highest percentage but the required as the deciding factor.

Am I on the right track now?

cafn8d

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay, thank you for the clarification, Nancers.

Here are a couple of questions for the H2H:
NO-SHOWS:
ROUND 1 ONLY:
Do you think there should be a pool of "stand-by" chops to fill in for FIRST ROUND no-shows? Entry deadline would remain 8:00am PSC time, but voting would not open until 8:15 to allow for the substitutions. Y/N

ALL OTHER ROUNDS:
Nothing can be done if one contestant simply does not show up for a match. The person who does show up will automatically win that match and proceed to the next round.

If there is a known vacancy before a round opens for voting, should
(A) the other person in that match win automatically as long as s/he enters something? (The quality of that person's entry may suffer as there would be no motivation to do more than just "show up.")

(B) the vacancy be filled by the highest-voted runner-up from the previous round (a tie to be broken by first-entered)?

(C) the vacancy be filled by the highest percentage runner-up from the previous round (a tie to be broken by first-entered)? A person who lost a tie, for instance, would have 50% of the vote.

(D) the vacancy be filled by the runner-up with the closest PSCore to the drop-out regardless of vote score / percentage?

Edit: I see Blue is on the same subject... but mine took longer to type. Razz hahaha

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Would the GP (general population) like the H2H images released on a Friday (instead of a MONDAY) so they could chop on the weekend instead of during the week?

cafn8d

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

H2H Prizes:
[typical prize list here]

Should the Advantage prizes be transferable if you do not need it for yourself?
(A) No.
(B) Yes, but only to the closest runner-up (either highest-voted or percentage, whichever would be consistent) who did not win that prize.
(C) Yes, to the person of your choice as long as s/he also participated in the H2H.
(D) Yes, to the person of your choice on PSC, regardless of H2H participation.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

YAY!
That's what I'm looking for. Express your opinions/thoughts in the format of a question so that others can agree and disagree in survey format (not forum format)

If someone posts a multiple choice question that doesn't include a choice you would like, "Reply with quote" and add your choice.

I also feel that a survey will give those users who aren't interested in joining in forum fray, the option to provide input.

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

OOOOOO
well let me see if I have it right.

Doesn't everyone think that second place H2H should be more than $50?

cause that was a lot of work to win the same amount as a regular daily contest

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Site Events - Voice Your Opinion (part 1) - Reply to topic