Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Waterspirits - Reply to topic

Has your home ever been plagued?

Yes, please leave a comment

100%

100%

[ 6 ]

No, you are so lucky!!!

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

Total Votes: 6

annajon

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

Today, around coffee time, the last of a stream of workmen will come to my house and then there will be no more trouble. This week I was wondering if I had pissed off the waterspirits somehow in the past, because all the problems I had with my home have to do with water. Rain inside the house, sewer backing up, shower room had to be replaced TWICE, before I kept a dry hallway.
The frontdoor needed repair twice, the floor behind the frontdoor has been renewed a second time in two years, and all the while my house was facing an even bigger disaster that was lurking in the dark.
Tell me, there must be more between heaven and earth. I know the English bart wrote about that, but for real.... Hear me out.

In March this year, I discovered a tiny new brown stain in my ceiling, in the hallway, and I wondered where the water might come from. It stayed small, even after a few days, so I began to calculate. Not the shower room, I was sure of that. But I had discovered that the CV system was loosing water, somewhere. And there was a system of CV pipes going through my ceiling. So I tried to have it fixed, but the landlord did not pick up on it. And since it was only a tiny brown stain, I left it at that. But, something was nagging me. The empty CV system had lost its water somewhere!
OK, I thought. To hell with it, I will turn off the central heating and put on an extra pair of socks, and a sweater to watch TV at night.
One time it was so cold, that I had to turn the CV back on, but the clanging sounds made quite sure there was hardly any water in the system.
So, as soon as possible, I turned it off again.
I even thought of refilling the system one more time, but something kept me from doing that.

And this week, I discovered how lucky I have been, NOT to fill the system that one more time. Since my problems with the sewer, the landlord is answering to all of my calls, with amazing speed, I dare say. So I told him about the CV system still not working.

A repairman came pronto - he looked at the various brown spots in the ceiling, tapped on the pipes and when he did that on the one pipe that only had a tiny brown spot underneath it, a wierd hissing sound started.

Another man came back within the hour and he started fixing things. And this is what happened when he put the hissing pipe on the floor:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/annajon_album/M5110082.jpg

I am still wondering, what stopped me from refilling the CV in those cold days this spring, but I am very greatfull I did, because that poor pipe would not have held a refilled working CV system for more then a second.

So I am asking, is there a way to let the waterspirits know that I have had enough of their games?

supak0ma

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 am   Reply with quote         

i think you mean "bad plumbing spirits"? Wink

good luck with this situation, hopefully the summer will be a dry one for you. Not as bad as your situation but we got flooded twice this winter here, garage had a meter and half of water, all the drains were overflowing water...still got some mold to deal with.

edit: here in italy the landlord has to take care of this type of work and pay for it by law, i guess the law is similar where you live?

annajon

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:46 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
i think you mean "bad plumbing spirits"? Wink

good luck with this situation, hopefully the summer will be a dry one for you. Not as bad as your situation but we got flooded twice this winter here, garage had a meter and half of water, all the drains were overflowing water...still got some mold to deal with.

edit: here in italy the landlord has to take care of this type of work and pay for it by law, i guess the law is similar where you live?

Yes, same here. The sad thing is, if I had been responsable for it myself, the work would have gotten done much earliers, years ago.

Tarmac

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 am   Reply with quote         

Everyone has these sorts of problems at one time or another Anna. In general, I have found that giving these spirits tons of new plumbing money and your humble suffering sometimes calms them down.

For example, we just got through a slab leak for the second time in as many years. Hopefully by doing a re-piping job this time, we have finally appeased our own Waterspirits maniacal sense of humor.
Confused

carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

So I am asking, is there a way to let the waterspirits know that I have had enough of their games?

You did nothing to upset "the waterspirits".

My friend you are not alone.

1. A check of my septic system revealed that the pump and tank creates so much condinsation in the warmer temp that it actually causes puddles in the basement. pale

2. A few months ago the upstairs toilet went bad and for some reason I decided to install a new one by myself. Never did that before. The "book" says it should take a beginer about 3 hours to take out and install a new toilet. It took me four and a half days. (Thank god I have two other baths in the house.) But I got the job done, with no leaks. thumleft

3. The dishwasher is making funny sounds. (No leaks yet but Im waiting for that.)

4. The washing machine wont seem to work unless theres a full load in it. (No water related problems yet but Im sure they are just around the corner.)

5. You guessed it. The downstairs toilet decides to make a funny hissing sound. What do I do? Well Im all pumped up from installing the upstairs one that I decide to investigate the problem and end up breaking the shutoff value. Thats right water everywhere and coming fast. What a nice time to discover that there are two main water shut offs to the house and ten minutes later after finding both of them, I get to mop up the mess. Keep in mind its 10pm at night and right in the middle of the SH. Anyway, a call to an emergency plumber and $400 dollars later im back to normal. (Theres no water leaking but I still havent figuered out what the hissing is.)

6. And this morning I spilled an entire cup of coffee while driving. (Yeah, yeah I know, I should have used a travel mug.)

Anyway, like I said your not alone. I can only imagine how Noah felt! lol

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
annajon

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

You are right Carmine, careful with the coffee - such a waist to spill that on your cloths.

The hissing sound in your downstairs toilet may have been a sign of scaling (is that what you call it?) in the watersupply basin. The scale prefents the shutter to work properly, and a tiny amount of water is still falling into the basin, pressed in by the waterpressure, which causes the hissing sound.

At least that was what made the hissing in my toilet a few weeks ago.

carmine665

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
You are right Carmine, careful with the coffee - such a waist to spill that on your cloths.

The hissing sound in your downstairs toilet may have been a sign of scaling (is that what you call it?) in the watersupply basin. The scale prefents the shutter to work properly, and a tiny amount of water is still falling into the basin, pressed in by the waterpressure, which causes the hissing sound.

At least that was what made the hissing in my toilet a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the suggestion! Ill check it out!

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
supak0ma

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

you should not drink hot coffe at all while driving, its a car not a living room Laughing Laughing Laughing

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Phew Waterspirits for a few minutes I thought I read "watersports" Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
carmine665

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
you should not drink hot coffe at all while driving, its a car not a living room Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

carmine665 wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

no sports, I hate water

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Waterspirits - Reply to topic