Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Logo design help - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Hello all,

I love this site, I haven't posted in a while, but I lurk here almost every day. I need some design help, so who better to come to than you brilliant folks!
I am designing a logo for a business I'm getting ready to launch and wondered if I could get some help on the logo (input or ideas).

It's going to be a web development business (HTML/CSS/.Net/C#,SQL, whatever etc. development), but I've got to practice a bit more to become better at the actual design stuff.

So here's one idea I've come up with so far. Can you tell me what you think or give me suggestions?
(Click for large version)

The name of the business is Altared Pixel Productions, spelled exactly that way. I'd appreciate any input on what I have or if you have any brilliant ideas that I could use *ahem* steal... I'd much appreciate it. Really any color/size will do, I'm just getting started, so I can go any direction.

Thanks in advance! (Man, it was hard to say all that with this rotten tomato in my mouth!)
Az

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

Can I ask what 'altared' means?

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Can I ask what 'altared' means?

Ah Scion.. good question, just a different way to spell Altered as in changed pixels...

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

I'll give it a shot.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am   Reply with quote         

nice concept. Maybe you can subtlly pixilate the A (or a portion of it) to get the message across. Just an idea...
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/fade-pixels/

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
nice concept. Maybe you can subtlly pixilate the A (or a portion of it) to get the message across. Just an idea...
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/fade-pixels/

Thanks TutorMe!

Thanks Eve, there was a design I had a while back that was similar to the idea that you're talking about. I can't find it now.. will maybe have to re-do it...
Very Happy

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

Here are two quick ideas I came up with.

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Wink

supak0ma

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

for starters, typo in logo? huge huge mistake.

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

Conceptually. The shift of one word to another with the color change is a much better representation of alter than the odd spelling.
I googled altared.
It's a movie about dirtbag couples cheating on eachother.
That's what others will find when they google it.

Tommeken

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Tesore wrote:

Conceptually. The shift of one word to another with the color change is a much better representation of alter than the odd spelling.
I googled altared.

cheating eh....hehe i think i'm gonna google a little bit Twisted Evil

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:

And now in Dutch please!

I don't know a thing about logo's... just playing around (and love it).
Very Happy

Google:

buglover

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
A and P are to different in style and font-weight. they don't really want to work together. Try to work with existing fonts and don't care that you have seen them so many times. If you can make something new with them you'll be nearer to a good logo than otherwise.

Also the P is laying a bit to cool or loosely to the "A" that would be the wrong signal to your potential clients.

Azionite wrote:
The name of the business is Altared Pixel Productions, spelled exactly that way.
So that has a sense? Or is it the sense that altered is altered into altared? That would sound funny but not good for business...[/quote]

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Tesore wrote:

I googled altared.

I like TutorMe's concept, but I don't want to focus on the word 'Red'. I think "Altared" should be all one color.

Tesore, I like the layout with the big letters and the name wrapped around. I'm not sure about the diamonds though.

Scion, I'm not worried about people thinking this has to do with some obscure movie that I've never heard of. The same google search came back with a gospel group with "Altared" in their name (which is more along the lines of the genesis for this name).

Thanks everyone for the ideas and taking the time to give me some input!

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:

Also the P is laying a bit to cool or loosely to the "A" that would be the wrong signal to your potential clients.

Laughing Laughing I see what you mean... It may work if I were promoting a massage parlor...

Cool

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Logo design help - Reply to topic