Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Fantasy Vs. Reality - Reply to topic

buckie74

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

Well, yes, I do know the difference between reality and fantasy, but not where chopping is involved. When I draw or waterpaint I never go for straight realism. Can anyone give me help with these ideas? Thanks! Embarassed Confused Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

For Drawing and painting, I'd go with a touch of fantasy. Why do realism when a photo from a camera can do it? I think the trick is to make something look as real as possible in a setting that enhances the object or puts a story together, something a photo can't catch by design, unless skillfully staged.

Abstract art can be cool too. I always liked those sketches that defied the laws of physics.

blue_lurker

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:57 am   Reply with quote         

I guess for me photo realism is the pinnacle of our "art work" if some one creates an image that can be mistaken for being real then its a winner.

In say that I don't mean real life. If you can create a fantasy image that mimics all the aspects of real life, like shadows light and facial tones/colour then that works as well.

Abstract with in digital mediums is a different matter for me. I think abstract work is very hard to judge and understand, it is so interpretative as to what the artist wanted to achieve. Choppers like Micros always amaze me with what they produce, but I always remind myself that under all there brushes and effects is still some one else image/photo.

So when you ask about fantasy or realism, I guess the two can still go hand in hand. Here at PSC we have such a great range of people and ideas those lines tend to get blurred all the time.

Yet it will always come down to what people like, as in the real world what I like may not be the same as you like but then what a boring place PSC would be if we all agreed huh.

buckie74

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

I think I do go for the Escher-type art. I am constantly amazed by the realism of fantasies others achieve here, as Blue pointed out. More to learn..! More brain stretching! I do find it difficult.
Smile

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

Fantasy=Google=Reality=Google=Fantasy=Idea=Wink=Wiz

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Fantasy Vs. Reality - Reply to topic