Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hardcore clean up - Reply to topic

papavales

Location: greece

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:36 am   Reply with quote         


I made this for a friend. His grandfather in the army (1940 or something). I really didn't enjoy this one, i hate clean ups-restorations, but for some reason i always choose to do them.





_________________
random
irgum

Location: Hungary

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:10 am   Reply with quote         


nice work this was hard Bow
but the wall too equable I don't know need some texture or crack or dirt
yes I think need dirt
I know you tried reconstruction the original wall but looks a little bit unnatural




Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am   Reply with quote         


I´ve done quite a few of these with my grandparents old photographs so I know the work involved,you've done quite good work especially on the man's face and clothes, but agree with irgum about the wall,looks too clean,like it's just white photo paper,maybe cloning some of the ground by his feet with a bit of transparency on it would make the wall more realistic.Also some desaturation on the two orange spots and the trace orange tint remaining would finish it off.BTW did you get that program installed and activated ok?




papavales

Location: greece

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         


Thanks guys for the suggestions, you re right about the wall but i m done with this photo and already gave it to my friend printed. Luiz i installed the 64bit 10 version activated ok. I think it's almost the same with lightroom, great heavy duty photo tuning prog. And of course great noise reduction.




_________________
random
Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         


papavales wrote:
Thanks guys for the suggestions, you re right about the wall but i m done with this photo and already gave it to my friend printed. Luiz i installed the 64bit 10 version activated ok. I think it's almost the same with lightroom, great heavy duty photo tuning prog. And of course great noise reduction.


You activated the v. 10 with that code I gave you?.Strange that was only supposed to work with the v. 8.Yeah from the reviews I've read it's pretty well par with lightroom,but the noise reduction is somewhat better....




Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         


Good work! That background is confusing on original picture. I am not even sure it is a wall behind him. I can see stone wall to the right but even that's ending on top of his head and not continuing on the left side of his neck...Maybe you were dealing with some ancient photo-chopping Smile Anyhow, i think your friend should be quite happy and grateful with this thumright




papavales

Location: greece

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 am   Reply with quote         


BSmatic wrote:
Good work! That background is confusing on original picture. I am not even sure it is a wall behind him. I can see stone wall to the right but even that's ending on top of his head and not continuing on the left side of his neck...Maybe you were dealing with some ancient photo-chopping Smile Anyhow, i think your friend should be quite happy and grateful with this thumright

Yeap my friend is more than happy with it. Ancient chop lol




_________________
random
ShootHerman

Location: Norway

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:18 am   Reply with quote         


Nice done papa! Wink




_________________
BIG thx to roger1 for my avatar-GIF.... Wink
papavales

Location: greece

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 am   Reply with quote         


ShootHerman wrote:
Nice done papa! Wink
Very Happy




_________________
random
Watch them Drift

Location: Connecticut

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         






_________________
Drifter.
OneChiefRocker

Location: Republic of Seychelles

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         






_________________
And if I find out you go near my locker, I swear to God I'll give you a karate chop right in the head.

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         







papavales

Location: greece

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:52 am   Reply with quote         


BSmatic wrote:


Man i tried to keep as much original parts of the enviroment as possible. 1st it is a "ruined wall" and second(the major one) is a part of clothes where Cretes hides their knives. This is very important not to remove it as it is a tradition for a man with honor back then, but thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it.




_________________
random
papavales

Location: greece

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 am   Reply with quote         


Watch them Drift wrote:

Thanks colors




_________________
random
papavales

Location: greece

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 am   Reply with quote         


OneChiefRocker wrote:

Smile




_________________
random

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hardcore clean up - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.