Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

ReyRey

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for that image in my head. Now I have to go eat lunch. Mad

splodge

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

nothing wrong with the source images, when this site was at it's peak 10 pages a day, we were using source images low res, 640 pixels wide, so forget that idea.
i blame the compotition out there, super hi tec, ultra modern sites popping up all over the place.
when this site was at it's peak there was only 4 or 5 other sites out there doing this stuff, now there are dozens many doing a better job, look at there home pages and look at ours, we look almost cute in a retro style way, almost primative, we look more like a start up site than most start up sites, we have the only home page with a forum section showing what a bunch of idiots and ungrates we have using the site.
other sites offer more than just photo manip, they have poetry, short stories, photography, flash, illustrator ect,

In short: We are living in the past, time to catch up with what the rest of the web is doing.

Hallcross Toots
ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Just POURS, I tells ya!!! Twisted Evil

supak0ma

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
nothing wrong with the source images, when this site was at it's peak 10 pages a day, we were using source images low res, 640 pixels wide, so forget that idea.
i blame the compotition out there, super hi tec, ultra modern sites popping up all over the place.
when this site was at it's peak there was only 4 or 5 other sites out there doing this stuff, now there are dozens many doing a better job, look at there home pages and look at ours, we look almost cute in a retro style way, almost primative, we look more like a start up site than most start up sites, we have the only home page with a forum section showing what a bunch of idiots and ungrates we have using the site.
other sites offer more than just photo manip, they have poetry, short stories, photography, flash, illustrator ect,

In short: We are living in the past, time to catch up with what the rest of the web is doing.

listen to this guy!

supak0ma

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

don't listen to THIS guy!

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

don't listen to THIS guy!

At least MY name doesn't have KOMA in it. Rolling Eyes

supak0ma

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

don't listen to me either!! Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

So, splodge, you are saying we need a redesign? Isn't that what people were all calling for in another thread (that I am much too lazy and slothful to look up) just a month or two ago?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

YIPPY! I just got my walking papers this morning and a pretty nice sererance pkg. too! Maybe I'll try to chop more often. Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry about the papers, glad you walked away with something. I am afraid I am facing the same thing here at school.

Tommeken

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

there's nothing wrong with the source pics but i think it would be better if there was no source pic voting..let it come as it comes..then it would be a suprise for everybody...
i also want to remind you that it is (almost) holiday and nice weather (in some places) and that not everybody have the time to chop...take me for example i work from 6 in the morning till 6.30 in the evening...and then when i come home (at last) i have my responsibility's at home to...so forgive me if i only chop on days that has easy source pics...or when i have an idea... (not if that matters 'cause i'm not that of a great chopper Laughing )
i have no idea were this is going...but i just wanted to say that there are some reasons why some people don't chop every day and yes there are bad pics in the daily comp...but there also lot's of newbie's on this site (me included)
and we are all learning...doing the best we can to make a good pic...

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Really Eve? Confused that sucks...that you lost your job, not that you'll be choppin...
Rey is right, Splodge is right, Reins pancakes suck, they're not supposed to be crunchy with bone-like substance. Raising Brow

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah Paul, you've had breakfast at Reinier's house? Shocked

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing and I think he uses beer instead of milk...

abraham

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay! I am the one who pm'ed Reyrey and here exactly what it is:

Hey Rey, I have a question that needs an honest answer Laughing
Do you think the sources are one factor ( I'm not saying that it is the only one) on dwindling number of entries? I just want to confirm my observation. I believe good sources produce good entries or maybe i'm wrong.

Then ofcourse you all already know the answer Laughing

I am just concern with what is happening. Not just whining about those bad sources but trying to find a solution to put back the site to were it used to be. Am I sound like trying to be a hero here? Laughing I suggested one, not a guaratee to solve the problem but just trying to help.

Then I read splodge's comment. I realized why am I talking about those bad sources and figuring out solutions while others are gone chopping on the other better sites? So, my question to splodge, where are those sites? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I just love chopping and I love this site. You may never always see me here but everytime I open a computer, this site is the 1st one I browse. Never tried or attempted to chop on other sites. So I hope nobody gets my intention wrong.

BTW Eve, what is a walking paper?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic