Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Heinlein

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
splodge wrote:
nothing wrong with the source images, when this site was at it's peak 10 pages a day, we were using source images low res, 640 pixels wide, so forget that idea.
i blame the compotition out there, super hi tec, ultra modern sites popping up all over the place.
when this site was at it's peak there was only 4 or 5 other sites out there doing this stuff, now there are dozens many doing a better job, look at there home pages and look at ours, we look almost cute in a retro style way, almost primative, we look more like a start up site than most start up sites, we have the only home page with a forum section showing what a bunch of idiots and ungrates we have using the site.
other sites offer more than just photo manip, they have poetry, short stories, photography, flash, illustrator ect,

In short: We are living in the past, time to catch up with what the rest of the web is doing.

listen to this guy!

Yes! Listen to this guy. We need to catch up to the times.

Tesore

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

@ RČ - Good thing you vote for me today, otherwise I had to kill you!

Bond, Tesore Bond

Wink Laughing

P.S. Good 'old' point, Splodge!!!

splodge

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm not saying the other sites are better, just look better to draw in more newbies, more newbies makes for better sites, or gives the new sites something to build on, PSC forgot to build on it's succes now we are suffiring

Hallcross Toots
splodge

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
So, splodge, you are saying we need a redesign? Isn't that what people were all calling for in another thread (that I am much too lazy and slothful to look up) just a month or two ago?

yes, and there was some amazing ideas, saddly all ignored, but we cant just make the home page look pretty, there is an awfuf lot of coding and testing to make it all work, i bleive grefix is already working on something

Hallcross Toots
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

abraham wrote:
So, my question to splodge, where are those sites? Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW Eve, what is a walking paper?

so YOU'RE responsible for winding Rey up, huh? Laughing
I'm also interested in what sites Splodge is talking about.

walking paper = layed or is it (laid?) off from work.
In other words, THEY are paying me today and tomorrow for NOT working.

I'll go online on Monday to sign up for unemployment...then go to Hawaii in a few weeks!

*does happy dance*

Sorry, Al, but I believe when one door closes, another opens. Wink

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I think just 2 or 3 days advantage would be more appropriate. Nobody needs a week to create an image, let alone a full month...and how boring to wait an entire month to see your image posted and see the voting results.

It's very uninspiring to spend 2 to 3 hours on a image and wonder if someone else is spending 2 weeks making their creation. It becomes more of a contest of how much time someone spent on an image.

It was always more impressive to see what someone could create in 2 hours versus a month in advance. The excitement of trying to get onto the first or second page was fun also. I agree that having at least one day of non-advantage speed chopping per week is a great idea. This is the only change that would ever inspire me to ever chop in a PSC contest again.

I think it would improve advantage membership sign-ups as well. As of now, very few newcomers can get excited when chopping, because the advantage members have an edge over them 7 days a week.

As for Splodge's comment about the look and feel of the site. I've always been more into content than aesthetics. Slick looking graphics and a pretty user interface is nice, but I don't see this as the primary issue.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I had eggs for breakfast this morning...but I agree with what rey said that one time...and only HALF of what Rein said.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I have no opinion ( a rare thing around here )

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
abraham wrote:
So, my question to splodge, where are those sites? Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW Eve, what is a walking paper?

so YOU'RE responsible for winding Rey up, huh? Laughing
I'm also interested in what sites Splodge is talking about.

walking paper = layed or is it (laid?) off from work.
In other words, THEY are paying me today and tomorrow for NOT working.

I'll go online on Monday to sign up for unemployment...then go to Hawaii in a few weeks!

*does happy dance*

Sorry, Al, but I believe when one door closes, another opens. Wink

Ah! okay, it's an english lesson for me Laughing

I won't say sorry, you sound positive about it. And I also believe when one door closes, it's either someone went out or someone came in scratch

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
I think just 2 or 3 days advantage would be more appropriate. Nobody needs a week to create an image, let alone a full month...and how boring to wait an entire month to see your image posted and see the voting results.

It's very uninspiring to spend 2 to 3 hours on a image and wonder if someone else is spending 2 weeks making their creation. It becomes more of a contest of how much time someone spent on an image.

It was always more impressive to see what someone could create in 2 hours versus a month in advance. The excitement of trying to get onto the first or second page was fun also. I agree that having at least one day of non-advantage speed chopping per week is a great idea. This is the only change that would ever inspire me to ever chop in a PSC contest again.

I think it would improve advantage membership sign-ups as well. As of now, very few newcomers can get excited when chopping, because the advantage members have an edge over them 7 days a week.

As for Splodge's comment about the look and feel of the site. I've always been more into content than aesthetics. Slick looking graphics and a pretty user interface is nice, but I don't see this as the primary issue.

Bow thumright

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Really Eve? Confused that sucks...that you lost your job, not that you'll be choppin...
Rey is right, Splodge is right, Reins pancakes suck, they're not supposed to be crunchy with bone-like substance. Raising Brow
Hmph - first time I've heard YOU complain about TOO MUCH BONE. Rolling Eyes (in your PANCAKES, I mean.
Not... in any, er um OTHER way... Huh..)

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
I have no opinion ( a rare thing around here )

*takes Sharpie and marks calendar date*

Pearlie had a suggestion, let me go fetch her.

Tesore

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:

I don't need a week... i have just 2 days a week to chop for the whole week and my personal challenge is in the fact to not walk away for any source...
And there is that time difference...

Oke, oke... I'm STFUAC now...

pearlie

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, an opinion..... ok, for Splodge and any other mod, member, newbie or oldtimer...... the site that YerPalAl dragged me away from (but where we met Very Happy ) had something called Step-By-Step, or SBS, whereby you would upload several significant steps in your chop, so that others could see all the work you did, and how it was done, which I thought was quite a benefit. Only if a chop was pretty simple and straightforward was that not a requirement.

Also, and imperative on that site, was to upload your 'external' images - and unlike the (thankfully) lax attitude on this site, they could NOT be copyrighted images. There was a place to upload those, also. Another way to see what was done.

The original site has begun anew here: http://www.pxleyes.com/

Doing these things might be a pain in the butt, but some of us are here to learn, and it would be an enormous help to see these implemented.

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch. Idea

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

ahhh....that site used to be PhotoshopTalent.

I didn't like that place very much. The site owner is such a bossy girl!

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, you're right about the former name, but I believe it's a guy running it - his username is Mister Monty, the site is run from Belgium. Not that it matters... there is a lot of good talent on that site, and for better or for worse, some people give constructive comments.......... hmmmmm, what a concept. Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic