Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Scrumpy

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
all i see in the advantage queue are awesome sources for the next month or so! get to work bunch of pansies! yes! you too rey Twisted Evil

Shocked He's right!

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
Good choppers can chop anything

...and beginners need good sourcepics Razz

Then they won't be forced to really use their creative minds.
Anybody can make pancakes from a package but if you teach them the ingredients they can make their own any time and start adding their own special touches. Once they learn what tastes good together they can make a meal out of anything in the house. Know what I mean.

quality instead of quantity? but isnt there a cry for quantity out there in the forum (few-votes-discussion)?

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I was asked if it is the lack of good sources that is the reason for the decline in numbers. (now here is where I piss everyone off.)
I relied:
Good choppers can chop anything.
It's a lack of cutting edge ideas. Images that make you think and feel something. Not just how they did it but how they came up with such a genius idea and translated in an image. I gotta be honest. I find myself just voting on which image sucks the least instead of having a hard choice over which image is more awesome. Maybe I'm a prick and not politically correct but if a baseball team doesn't have at least one great player on it, the stadium seats will be empty.
There are some star players but they don't play consistantly enough to keep the people coming back for more.
I am also not saying that I am one of the greats. And I am not looking for the good ole days, just better new ones.
If I was a new visitor now, I don't think I would see anything that would make me want to join. (unless I hit it on a good day.) There should always be at least 2 kick ass images in the contest. JMHO
I find myself glancing over contests and not wanting to vote at all. I don't want to have to zoom in to see if someone did a lot of work. I want something to grab my interest and then I will take a closer look.
Maybe there have been some great images lately, but not on the days I looked. It should be consistant. You can't have a successful restaurant if the food is great one day and not the other.

Actually I find this really insulting! People who spend alot of time on their chops (and I'm not just talking about myself) are not worth a second glance, let alone a comment on how to improve!
and new visitors seeing our work wouldn't want to join becuase we're not at your standard. Why do we even bother!
Maybe instead of advertising this site for all levels and a great place to learn and improve, it should be on for people of a certain standard, maybe u could be the one to decide!
As much as I admire your work, I find yr attitude sucks, perhaps u forgot that u had to start at the beginning at some point.
well, whatever, thats me done Rolling Eyes

Scrumpy

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

I, personally, wasn't insulted by Rey's comments.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

oh well he warned us in the title that someone was gonna be pissed off Razz

Scrumpy

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:

But maybe that's just because I'm every bit as good a chopper as he is Cool

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:

I wasn't saying anyone else was insulted, just me..... Laughing

Oscar

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

SOURCES SUCK - big cow - ASS

Again, who would want to chop a picture of a plant? Stop submitting your shitty quality images too, DAMN this get's me so mad, it's like beating babies. Why is it so hard to explain that good sources are easier to get the juices flowing? there are people here who don't see a damn Leonardo Da Vinci work of art in everything. Stop with the boring sources.

Quote:
You have had submitted 12 original images.
You have had 10 original images accepted and 0 rejected.
2 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.

2 since like a year ago... I wonder if they got lost Laughing

Scrumpy

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

Mel47 wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

I wasn't saying anyone else was insulted, just me..... Laughing

Yeah I know.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
all i see in the advantage queue are awesome sources for the next month or so! get to work bunch of pansies! yes! you too rey Twisted Evil

Shocked He's right!

I would have been chopping if I was not soooooo busy, and next week I will be on vacation in a cabin but I hope to be chopping soon.

ReyRey

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

Mel47 wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
I was asked if it is the lack of good sources that is the reason for the decline in numbers. (now here is where I piss everyone off.)
I relied:
Good choppers can chop anything.
It's a lack of cutting edge ideas. Images that make you think and feel something. Not just how they did it but how they came up with such a genius idea and translated in an image. I gotta be honest. I find myself just voting on which image sucks the least instead of having a hard choice over which image is more awesome. Maybe I'm a prick and not politically correct but if a baseball team doesn't have at least one great player on it, the stadium seats will be empty.
There are some star players but they don't play consistantly enough to keep the people coming back for more.
I am also not saying that I am one of the greats. And I am not looking for the good ole days, just better new ones.
If I was a new visitor now, I don't think I would see anything that would make me want to join. (unless I hit it on a good day.) There should always be at least 2 kick ass images in the contest. JMHO
I find myself glancing over contests and not wanting to vote at all. I don't want to have to zoom in to see if someone did a lot of work. I want something to grab my interest and then I will take a closer look.
Maybe there have been some great images lately, but not on the days I looked. It should be consistant. You can't have a successful restaurant if the food is great one day and not the other.

Actually I find this really insulting! People who spend alot of time on their chops (and I'm not just talking about myself) are not worth a second glance, let alone a comment on how to improve!
and new visitors seeing our work wouldn't want to join becuase we're not at your standard. Why do we even bother!
Maybe instead of advertising this site for all levels and a great place to learn and improve, it should be on for people of a certain standard, maybe u could be the one to decide!
As much as I admire your work, I find yr attitude sucks, perhaps u forgot that u had to start at the beginning at some point.
well, whatever, thats me done Rolling Eyes

You don't get it. I'm sorry you feel that way. I always used to comment and try to help but something always got me interested in the contest. Then I would look at all of them. Unless there is something to draw you in, you get burned out. I am proud of every one here that has improved over the years but I am getting bored and I want something to spark my interest again. Is that so bad?
If you read my comments I still know that I have a lot to learn. You never know everything. Anyone who thinks they do is an idiot. I was always the first one to comment on my own fuck-ups. I put my images up in threads for people to fix them so I will just ignore your comment about forgetting about starting at the beginning. I always said, no matter how good you are , you sucked in the beginning.
I guess you are just not that familiar with me. I am sorry you took offense. Really. Peace? Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

Again, who would want to chop a picture of a plant? Stop submitting your shitty quality images too, DAMN this get's me so mad, it's like beating babies. Why is it so hard to explain that good sources are easier to get the juices flowing? there are people here who don't see a damn Leonardo Da Vinci work of art in everything. Stop with the boring sources.

Quote:

Because you think the sources sucks does not mean every one does, I still say its the source that is part of the contest. Oscar no offence but if you dont have the creativity to come up with some thing it is not the sources fault, look at the h2h some shit sources in that lot and then look at the images that were created.

So stop blaming the source and start using your mind and your skills. Just a small point, its your fellow members that are voting for the sources so its even a popularity contest there as well.

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

And ReyRey has often posted his PS files so that anyone with the desire can look and study, don't forget that.

Its all about the learning, here, and ReyRey is right. Nobody knows it all, all of know bits and parts and we all can learn from each other. You just don't need to take ReyRey's lack of personality personally. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(er, no offense ReyRey.)

bigbuck

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

You own a camera don't you Oscar?

Oscar

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Oscar wrote:

Quote:

Because you think the sources sucks does not mean every one does, I still say its the source that is part of the contest. Oscar no offence but if you dont have the creativity to come up with some thing it is not the sources fault, look at the h2h some shit sources in that lot and then look at the images that were created.

So stop blaming the source and start using your mind and your skills. Just a small point, its your fellow members that are voting for the sources so its even a popularity contest there as well.

I hate to say this but you are right, am just trying to make excuses for my lack of creativity. Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic