Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PHOTOWALK - voting (july) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi all,

The PSC Photowalk "Voting" will begin on Thursday, July 30th and
run to Saturday August 1st. You will have three days to vote.

Results will be made public on Sunday, August 2nd.

Im glad everyone enjoyed there photowalks. This voting system should make it fair
for everyone and provide lots of feedback to everyones photos as well.

annajon

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice work DB - you will have noticed I did not have time to do any photography - sorry to let you down a bit.

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks DB. I know this has been a lot of work and I, speaking for myself, certainly appreciate it.

Also, I know splodge has put time in and I am sure others behind the scene, but I don't know who to mention, but thanks all.

gravyboat

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

You're welcome Al. Razz
I put in over 25 minutes, slaving over a hot camera..... Rolling Eyes Laughing

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
YerPalAl

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

gravyboat wrote:
You're welcome Al. Razz
I put in over 25 minutes, slaving over a hot camera..... Rolling Eyes Laughing

You including the time spent finding a store that still stocked film for that old Kodak 110? Laughing

splodge

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
YerPalAl

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

Oh dear God, splodge, I remember those and they were pretty much the top end, except for the Pentax SLR, of 110 cameras . . . . . not that any of them was worth a damn.

sonic3

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

Ha Ha! We have one of those at work, they go for £100 on Ebay.

cafn8d

Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, thank you for setting up these photo walks, DB! I'll post a link to this thread on Photoshop Place. Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

No DB tell me it aint so...
please, please, please

Don't do this to the only thing that has not been tainted by the dreaded vote and prise plague at PSC. One of the reasons I did not enter this walk, sorry mate but its the way I felt.

I loved "DB's PHOTOWALK" because it was the only thing that people did here because there wanted to, and it was DB's Photowalk, I loved the idea that YOU decided who won because you had a love for Photography that's what made it so much fun mate, people doing it for the love of photography and you doing because you want a place for us to share. We are loosing the heart of PSC so quickly, the walk was one I looked forward to because of the purity of how it ran.

I know its your gig and all mate but please reconsider this idea, keep the photowalk pure, I promises to enter the next one if you just keep it as it was mate, Please.

If you agree with me here let DB know by adding your voice to mine, or am I the only one who feels saddened by this change. Crying or Very sad

Synthvet

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
No DB tell me it aint so...
please, please, please

Don't do this to the only thing that has not been tainted by the dreaded vote and prise plague at PSC. One of the reasons I did not enter this walk, sorry mate but its the way I felt.

I loved "DB's PHOTOWALK" because it was the only thing that people did here because there wanted to, and it was DB's Photowalk, I loved the idea that YOU decided who won because you had a love for Photography that's what made it so much fun mate, people doing it for the love of photography and you doing because you want a place for us to share. We are loosing the heart of PSC so quickly, the walk was one I looked forward to because of the purity of how it ran.

I know its your gig and all mate but please reconsider this idea, keep the photowalk pure, I promises to enter the next one if you just keep it as it was mate, Please.

If you agree with me here let DB know by adding your voice to mine, or am I the only one who feels saddened by this change. Crying or Very sad

yep, I kinda hear what you're saying......................... Very Happy

maybe there's a way for you and DB to meet halfway.....

I know!!!..........ya know how we have talk like a pirate day.......(and you hate pirates).......but you love vikings.....

Soooooooo........maybe we could, "Vote Like Vikings"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sonic3

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 am   Reply with quote         

Voting has always been questionable here on PSC, and i guess it could take the fun out of the photowalk.

Maybe there should be a panel of judges that dont compete. Either way i will still like and enter the walk as i like photography as much as PS. Smile

pollyO

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with Blue, Sonic and Eve.

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 am   Reply with quote         

I thank everyone for there input into this photowalk.
I decided to add voting and comments to the photowalk for a few reasons.

Reasons:

1. Comments left by people who are voting will give everyone feedback on there photos.
I have always appreciated when others have commented on the photos i've taken.

2. At first i wasn't going to have a voting system for the july photowalk.
But after seeing so many great shots...i thought it might be fair for everyone to take part in voting.
It will give you an average for your album, rate your images so you know which ones people liked the most.

3. I will take everyone's opinions into consideration after this photowalk voting is done.
If i feel it would be better to have a panel of judges for the October Photowalk...then changes will be made.

4. Thanks so much for your support. This is why I love this PSC community.
Your input is what shapes everything around here. Keep those cameras click'n Very Happy

-db

cafn8d

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with Blue, too. I like the Photo Walk for the opportunity to share the world through each others' camera lenses. That is enough reward for me. Adding a voting system and critiquing of the photography itself will make it that much more competitive. I might enjoy the critiquing on occasion, when I really am concentrating on the photo itself, but I don't personally want professional-level advice on a quick snapshot I shared just because I thought the subject was worthy.

DB, I really appreciate your time, energy, and ideas you put in to your Photo Walks! Thank you for doing them. If you do continue to develop the Photo Walk further into a sort of photography workshop and competition (both aspects of which many people would enjoy!), may I expand on it for the casual snapshot shooters?

With your permission, I would like to set up a monthly or bi-monthly "Snapshot Stroll" sort of thing... an informal coordination on certain weekends for people to share a corner of their world through online photo albums (and comments) in a thread. No winners, no photography critiques (unless expressly requested by the photographer), and no pressure. Just sharing photos for the simple sake of sharing, nothing more, nothing less. The "strolls" would not compete with the Photo Walks; I'd coordinate so as not to pick the same weekends. I think many people, like myself, would enjoy doing both. What do you think? Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PHOTOWALK - voting (july) - Reply to topic